Import JDM from Japan

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But in Japan, it is not necessary to scrap cars older than 10 years. It is a misconception that cars above 10 years old in Japan must be scrapped. Cars regardless of what year will be required to go through a biannual inspection called Shaken in Japan in order for them to be road legal. As long as the car passes Shaken, it is legal on the road regardless of age.
What I know unless is collector's item they will keep. Most will change as cars are cheap there, but service is expensive......lol

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
Yup, even bank tarik back ones, if car is nice internally will be taken already. Those let go to public usually will not be in best condition.....
true true, unless you have strong connections inside then you'll be able to get the car you want in the condition you want

DidierAubin87

Feb 22, 2018
www.carfromjapan.com
Importing a car is not a challenge as people thought, there are many clearance agencies who will help us or we can do it by ourselves.
I have no experience with these above sites but I had the great experience in buying and importing Japanese used cars at https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-cars-for-sale. After you make the deal with the seller and make a payment, they will ship car directly to your port country. You will get the car after a month (it depends on how far your country from Japan). It is not very complicated.
And the most important thing, I think nowhere there are various cars with affordable price and high quality as Japan. There are many popular brands come from this country like Toyota, Honda, Nissan,...

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Importing a car is not a challenge as people thought, there are many clearance agencies who will help us or we can do it by ourselves.
I have no experience with these above sites but I had the great experience in buying and importing Japanese used cars at https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-cars-for-sale. After you make the deal with the seller and make a payment, they will ship car directly to your port country. You will get the car after a month (it depends on how far your country from Japan). It is not very complicated.
And the most important thing, I think nowhere there are various cars with affordable price and high quality as Japan. There are many popular brands come from this country like Toyota, Honda, Nissan,...
Where are you from ? If you are not malaysian, for sure you will not understand our countries regulations.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Where are you from ? If you are not malaysian, for sure you will not understand our countries regulations.
france i believe?
Affiliated to the site. Definitely doesn't understand the regulations here.

**basically you can buy the car easily, yes BUT you cannot drive it on our roads without forking out more $$$$. A large amount of $$$$

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
france i believe?

**basically you can buy the car easily, yes BUT you cannot drive it on our roads without forking out more $$$$. A large amount of $$$$
Sometimes it annoys me to no end in forums as well as youtube videos, with titles like JDM cars under $5000, or cheap JDM cars bla bla,, hello, thats only true in US and UK, its as if the rest of the world doesn't exist ! Lol !

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, was about to say same thing. Other countries easy, but MY got plenty of restrictions.....lol

DidierAubin87

Feb 22, 2018
www.carfromjapan.com
france i believe?

without forking out more $$$$.... every country has its own regulations. Buying a very cheap car and paying tax are two different problems.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
without forking out more $$$$.... every country has its own regulations. Buying a very cheap car and paying tax are two different problems.
when i say $$$$ im not talking about taxes yet, im talking about $$$$ to get things rolling (not necessarily legal). Basically money to sort of flex the import laws a little.

Legally speaking they are very strict(many conditions to fulfill) about importing used cars into malaysia without permits (very few of these permits are issued to us normal people)

Reactions: alcyon

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
when i say $$$$ im not talking about taxes yet, im talking about $$$$ to get things rolling (not necessarily legal). Basically money to sort of flex the import laws a little.

Legally speaking they are very strict(many conditions to fulfill) about importing used cars into malaysia without permits (very few of these permits are issued to us normal people)
Exactly, there is this thing called an Approved permit (A.P) it is something that most malaysians can never get their hands on.
https://paultan.org/2015/12/23/appr...rovements-to-the-system-to-come-in-2017-miti/

In essence, if you have no connections with the right people, forget it. That also does not count the arbitrary tax laws imposed by the people in the ministry of trade. If they don't like your face, be prepared to pay 300% tax on top of your purchase price from japan.
Welcome to the 3rd world ! Worse still if you cant pay , they scrap your car !

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, and the AP already will cost you if you can get it. Then on tax not only is 300% on purchase price, they also afraid you under declare so Customs have their own standard pricing and they follow their price not your invoice......lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I'm from France. I would like to know more about your country regulations. How about it?
hi @DidierAubin87 welcome. Pretty much explanation done by zth members.
Hope not scare you, this is how to importing car into malaysia.
Maybe not much difference procedure with france.
we need to fork out triple/quadruple amount of the car price, just to 'touch" the car. Not yet include repair, replacement of parts..etc.:banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hi @DidierAubin87 welcome. Pretty much explanation done by zth members.
Hope not scare you, this is how to importing car into malaysia.
Maybe not much difference procedure with france.
we need to fork out triple/quadruple amount of the car price, just to 'touch" the car. Not yet include repair, replacement of parts..etc.:banghead:
That is why most buy old car then half cut and mod......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bros,
i'm using evo 3 engine with 2 1/2 " exhaust piping with standard curves (bengkang-bengkok) following the original path of the exhaust piping underneath the body...
i wanted to make it 3" with a straight piping (less back pressure for better performance)...

the question is:
1.can i just go to the exhaust shop and change it to straight one....
OR
2.should i change the petrol tank of a evo...

which one is better...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience