Import JDM from Japan

jackfos

Nov 17, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Compared to Malaysia, the cars on the website are rather stock. Price is reasonable too. Has anyone purchased a car from these website before? Is it possible for a local Malaysian (without working or studying in Japan or oversea) to import a JDM for casual driving?

http://jdm-expo.com/5-nissan

https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-nissan-nissan-gt-r-1998-for-sale-5916390be336cc00010a71c3

https://www.japan-partner.com/auction/Nissan/SKYLINE/cars-for-sale.html

http://www.jdmauctionwatch.com/

https://www.japanesecartrade.com/2402790-japan-used-nissan-skyline-sedan-car-1999.html

http://nissancars.kamikaze-drive.com/

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Unless you know someone who can get you an AP to import them in, but it will cost you so no point......lol

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
You again ? ask you come TT you dowan. You think so easy ah. If so easy I would have imported one myself. Even if you have the AP its one tangly mess of paperwork. The tax that they charge is up to their discretion. You could be paying tax at a a minimum of the price that you bought the car. That means car Price in Japan x 2. Maybe more.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You again ? ask you come TT you dowan. You think so easy ah. If so easy I would have imported one myself. Even if you have the AP its one tangly mess of paperwork. The tax that they charge is up to their discretion. You could be paying tax at a a minimum of the price that you bought the car. That means car Price in Japan x 2. Maybe more.
Last I know CBU is 300% tax. Value is not your import value but from a fixed price in their database. I had that list way back a few years when I was still in my ex company logistics department...........lol

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
If you really plan to buy car from Japan :

1) Prepare cash to buy car like Jho Lo buy yatch

2) The same prepare cash for the freight from Japan to Malaysia by RORO vessel or container (if you love your new toy)

3) Again prepare cash for custom to do AP, Duty 150 - 300 % of the car price depends on car model and also approval from the head of custom how much to charge you and also GST!! yes GST 6% for import
Pst** got way to do it cheaper one... buy me beer and i tell you...:rock:

4) Tired typing... Cash again for JPJ registration and also Puspakom for preparing plate number

5) Whole procedure, got your car.. prepare cash again (.... aaaa:banghead::banghead:) since your car already unable to start and need to fix back some minor things since put at Port for long time waiting for this and that.

Last.. LHDN find you how you able buy car cash term
At the end.. pay people extra from car dealer get loan and hassle free...:smokin::thrasher::driver::driver:

Reactions: vr2turbo

Ranjanmax

Known Member
Dec 8, 2017
I think the best is to go for local auctions by jpj.If you manage to find one,that’s good but one problem you’ll face is the fact that the people who auction usually will have the car reserved so no one but one person will be biding on the car alone.Unless you got contacts in jpj and customs you can easily get your hands on those seized cars..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think the best is to go for local auctions by jpj.If you manage to find one,that’s good but one problem you’ll face is the fact that the people who auction usually will have the car reserved so no one but one person will be biding on the car alone.Unless you got contacts in jpj and customs you can easily get your hands on those seized cars..
Yup, even bank tarik back ones, if car is nice internally will be taken already. Those let go to public usually will not be in best condition.....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
From what I learned through recon car dealers, their AP can only take cars up to five years of age.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
From what I learned through recon car dealers, their AP can only take cars up to five years of age.
Indeed this is the law.
They want to protect from scrap cars coming in selling reconditions since most of the country scrap their cars 5 to 10 years after they fail their inspections like Singapore and Japan also scrap 10 years car don't care the conditions is superb or not, where they will keep the car in Batam (Singapore) or track (Japan).
Roadtax also keep on going up since they want to push owner to change a new one but they will claim that the car need to scrap / tax increase and need to send for inspections every year after 5 years due to environmental issues except those vintage cars where they will no scrap it
Thailand a bit funny where roadtax lower for old car compare to new cars because their G love them.. unable to change car means no money so.. gave discount on roadtax thus no scrap cars available in their countries

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Indeed this is the law.
They want to protect from scrap cars coming in selling reconditions since most of the country scrap their cars 5 to 10 years after they fail their inspections like Singapore and Japan also scrap 10 years car don't care the conditions is superb or not, where they will keep the car in Batam (Singapore) or track (Japan).
Roadtax also keep on going up since they want to push owner to change a new one but they will claim that the car need to scrap / tax increase and need to send for inspections every year after 5 years due to environmental issues except those vintage cars where they will no scrap it
Thailand a bit funny where roadtax lower for old car compare to new cars because their G love them.. unable to change car means no money so.. gave discount on roadtax thus no scrap cars available in their countries

And in Thailand cars are cheaper also. Here they scrap mean gone case, mine mostly very old cars.....lol

Mar 23, 2018
What car do you drive?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Indeed this is the law.

But in Japan, it is not necessary to scrap cars older than 10 years. It is a misconception that cars above 10 years old in Japan must be scrapped. Cars regardless of what year will be required to go through a biannual inspection called Shaken in Japan in order for them to be road legal. As long as the car passes Shaken, it is legal on the road regardless of age.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you’re thinking of putting pen to paper on a new vehicle during the Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show 2010, you might want to drop by the Naza booth to check out their offerings because if you take one home, you stand a chance to win a Mercedes-Benz SLK 200 or a Honda ST1300.

Those that order a car from Naza World during KLIMS’10 will be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience