Im interested to buy a rx8(m)

sam8888

Mar 11, 2010
kuantan
I heard them said rx8 gots lot of problem and maintainence will cost alot..may i get some advise from rotary sifu's??thanks alot..:driver:

Jaymz

Oct 27, 2011
Johor bahru
If you dont love your car.. surely it will add on to your maintenance.. if you love her.. then low lo.. simple analogy

Jaymz

Oct 27, 2011
Johor bahru
Don't buy rotary la.. Scare this scare that
.. Go buy Sohai evo or any pistons .. Don't join the rotary club .. No appetite for pussies

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Be a man .. Don't whine and dry about things .. Want it love it then buy it .. Easy.. Think this and that .. Yawns waste your time and kena fark somemore kaka

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I dun think so much n worry about the 8 when I made the decision. If u want, just get it. I love my rx8 n Airtrek. Both said to be high maintenance n fragile. U own it only u know.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Don't buy rotary la.. Scare this scare that
.. Go buy Sohai evo or any pistons .. Don't join the rotary club .. No appetite for pussies

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Be a man .. Don't whine and dry about things .. Want it love it then buy it .. Easy.. Think this and that .. Yawns waste your time and kena fark somemore kaka
Hey bro. Evo is good la. Dun say sohai cos I love my 4g63t as much as I love the 8. Hehehe

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
maintenance sure got one.

Even basikal oso need maintenance. Tyre need to pump air, fix brake, repair the chain, greasy work, etc.

I find it silly that many people dream of owning a sportscar, while the car must be rare, oso must be affordable, oso must be cheap to maintain, yet can be chick magnet.....and yeng....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
bro Jaymz... hehe I know u joke only la.. hehehe..

But true la.. if one want to own a car like this, cannot expect the maintenance like a Wira or Myvi lor...

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Loving my 8 day by day.... is nice and the sporty feel is cool.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
All cars got problem. You got to ask yourself is it a car that you will live with through the problems. Like marrying a wife la, you choose one you like, you will stick with her through thick and thin. You marry one you don't like you will be bitching to your buddies everyday.

Its the perfect car for people who pedal to the metal everyday. Of course, a person like that isn't the "norm". RX-8 (and rotary) is not a car for normal people. Technically I won't even call it a car. A car (in this century) is meant to be practical and fuel efficient, which the RX-8 isn't.

Before RX-8 fans come in and bash me, no the RX-8 is not practical, admit it
Not being able to reverse the car out of the house and turning it off like a normal car is not practical. - I do it all the time, house no space
Not having to NOT pedal to the metal is not practical.
Having to keep engine oil in the car and add every month or so is not practical. (Hello, modern piston engines these days don't consume engine oil - Honda Civic, Accord, Toyota Camry, Altis, Vios etc.)

But despite all that, its meant for people who knows how to appreciate it. Just like how not everybody will look good in a tuxedo, not everybody will like the RX-8.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Hahaha. Somehow, I agree on some points u said. It's not a normal car for sure. Even more abnormal than my big potatoes which drinks a liter of gas every 5.5km.

limaynard

Sep 28, 2012
Sydney / NSW
Interesting I own both an RX8 and Airtrek Turbo.

Airtrek has been no problem but RX8 had problems with coilpacks going at 50k, dumpinf fuel into cat and setting it on fire.

I replaced the whole system with a stainless one (cat as well). Apart from that no issues apart from the CEL light coming on for no reason every few weeks.

Both cars get serviced every 6 months.. look after them and they will be fine. don't want to service every 6 months then don't buy turbo or rotary!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
sam8888,

hahahah, RE are like that 1.
Change the RE to piston engine (Although it would be difficult, and it is essentially wouldnt be RX anymore) if scared of problem.
Then you can drive a RX everyday, but mind you it wont sound like RX, or behave like RX.

if you can live with that....

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
if you have doubt, stay away from it. Myvi 1.5m is fast and cheap in maintenance and the design is quite sexy too. Meanwhile, Honda CRZ may be the one you are looking for if you think myvi is not flash enough to be your transport and rotary is too premium for your pocket.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Talking about CRZ, I am seeing a lot of soup up ones on the road... pretty good looking. Just that some of them try to 'poke' high performance cars thinking they're the same league.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Anyone got any eperience on the workshops in Singapore? I have a very bad one with a reknown one!!

They will try to pull a fast one on you! So, be careful !!

Cheers. :banghead::mad:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience