Ignition.My brings you Saturday Night Fever Series

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
An introductory Preview Round to celebrate the new SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER SERIES which will commence next year will be held on 25 December 2010 at 7pm, Sepang Circuit.

The iconic motorsports event of the 1990s, the infamous ‘Saturday Night Fever’ racing will be revived in spirit and will feature rounds every month throughout 2011, all held at Sepang Circuit.

Taking experience of their earlier successful SPEED CHALLENGE event organised together with RCA of Singapore, the Series aims to create the real-life excitement of console-game racing simulations such as Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsports. With the addition and spectacle of night-time driving at the Sepang Circuit North Track, we hope the Series will generate a new twist of enthusiast circuit action and exhilaration.

It is targeted at tuned Street-spec cars and run in a format just like in the games, offering the opportunity for Street-tuned owners to bring their hopped-up rides to the safety of the Sepang Circuit, and run a 5-lap challenge in heats of 10 cars at a time.

It’s not just a speedfest either. We want to fuse elements of ‘Fast & Furious’ with ‘Gran Turismo’ and throw in NASCAR-level entertainment value to create a rich, healthy motorsports entertainment activity for everyone to enjoy. We’re looking at a hot-chick car-wash, music, booths selling motorsports apparel, and other forms of entertainment to keep the excitement running till late!

Expect to see turbo-charged flame-spitting Nissan Silvias, Mitsubishi Evo Xs, and Subaru Imprezas on track with screaming, bewinged Honda Civic Type-Rs, Toyota Altezzas, BMWs and VW Golfs. It is hoped that such colour and variety will attract the new breed of drivers to the circuit, and get them off the streets.

We believe that just like any other sub-culture, street-racers are misunderstood. We grew up racing modified street cars on the computer, and have now grown up and seek a playground. Ignition.my is now providing that playground, and hope that the street-racers can make the next step to proper circuit racing from here on.

The first 3 event dates are confirmed for 25 Dec 2010 (Preview Round), with 1st round of the 2011 series starting on 15 Jan 2011, and Round 2 on 19 Feb 2011. Action starts at 7:00pm and goes on till midnight, with spectator tickets priced at RM 10.00 for General & Mall Area, and RM 30.00 for Paddock & Rooftop Access which will be limited in availability.

For more information, rates, and schedule visit the SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER page

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone knows where to get this? I personally don't like the triangle one. It looked cheap. Super awesome.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience