*Idle Problem*Do you encounter this?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Wow~ learn a great lesson from 2 sifu, now I understand ^_^ so the only method to solve my problem is retune my ecu since my car running MAP which after the throttle, recirculate or adjustment of bov is not the main solution because it's only for MAF car~ thanks bro~

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Wow~ learn a great lesson from 2 sifu, now I understand ^_^ so the only method to solve my problem is retune my ecu since my car running MAP which after the throttle, recirculate or adjustment of bov is not the main solution because it's only for MAF car~ thanks bro~
Obviously it's not that simple in terms of how it all works but I did say layman terms. Anyways, I wanted to highlight to you that although the two sensors basically have the same function, they operate in totally different ways. Also, the stalling blow off valve problem is something that is common with cars running AFM. I faced the same thing with my R33.

Having said that, it could well the blow off valve after all because you do realize you're a bunch of guys online many of whom you've never met to fix your car which many of us have never even seen. Which is why I've asked you repeatedly what your tuners view etc is. So rather than prolonging the issue, I think you should seriously consider bringing your car to the tuner and getting it fixed once and for all. Then update us on the outcome so we all learn something new.

Best of luck. Happy boosting. :driver:

lemon_demon

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
waa, so complicated to finetune the eids actualy ar.. might as well i use a piggyback or such..

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Still don't have time to bring my car to check. Besides, I realize one thing, which is my MFD show throttle read is 3-4% during idle, have ask few ppl and they said suppose is 0% when idling. Anyone can point me out what is the possibility to cause this happen? Is it related to my stall problem?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Actually, has this problem been going on for long? When did it start? When did you install the F-Con? Or is it one of those problems that appeared out of nowhere for no reason whatsoever.

As for the throttle reading, does the F-Con have some sort of readout or something. I have no idea cause I've never used your F-Con but with the PowerFC I can check the voltage of various sensors. Does the F-Con allow you to do that?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
[PIMPIN];4502593 said:
Actually, has this problem been going on for long? When did it start? When did you install the F-Con? Or is it one of those problems that appeared out of nowhere for no reason whatsoever.

As for the throttle reading, does the F-Con have some sort of readout or something. I have no idea cause I've never used your F-Con but with the PowerFC I can check the voltage of various sensors. Does the F-Con allow you to do that?
Yes, this throttle reading occur when I 1st bought this car, FconVpro is came together with this car too. At 1st i didn't notice until yesterday when I watch youtube "Trial tuning bnr34" only realize the throttle reading should be "0" when idle...... Too bad I can't drive out my car to check because in front of my house having huge excavation for drainage....

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Yes, this throttle reading occur when I 1st bought this car, FconVpro is came together with this car too. At 1st i didn't notice until yesterday when I watch youtube "Trial tuning bnr34" only realize the throttle reading should be "0" when idle...... Too bad I can't drive out my car to check because in front of my house having huge excavation for drainage....
So you bought the car in this condition and so far its never been tuned? Very dangerous game you're playing my friend. Could cost you ten times more in the long run. I've never experienced your problem nor do I run your ECU but apparently you can calibrate the TPS sensor for the MFD. I've never had reason to try it though but if you're keen here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/424648385/R34_mfd.pdf

It's on the last page. I can't tell you if this will work but I've got heaps of PDF documents - manuals etc. You can search since most are online if not I will upload for you.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Thanks bro Pimpin, I just follow "buying a skyline" guide, dint notice the throttle reading.... Anyway, I just did one time mild tune last time, hvt go in any fine tune until now. Thank you so much bro, u help me a lot~

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Thanks bro Pimpin, I just follow "buying a skyline" guide, dint notice the throttle reading.... Anyway, I just did one time mild tune last time, hvt go in any fine tune until now. Thank you so much bro, u help me a lot~
So you bought the car with this problem and since then it's been tuned but the tuner didn't find anything wrong while tuning? What other mods do you have and how much power you making?

What's the car like? Idles ok? How does it come on boost? Etc

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
Still don't have time to bring my car to check. Besides, I realize one thing, which is my MFD show throttle read is 3-4% during idle, have ask few ppl and they said suppose is 0% when idling. Anyone can point me out what is the possibility to cause this happen? Is it related to my stall problem?
yes this might be your problem.. one of tps (throttle position sensor) function is for idle speed control (ecu need to know 0% throttle = idling).. not too sure bout rb26 from bnr34 (i think should be the same laa.. bnr34 owner with pfc please look at your commander n comfirm this tq) but on bnr32 and bcnr33 rb26 the tps give approx. 0.5v when 0% throttle (accelerator pedal not pressed) and approx. 4v when 100% throttle (accelerator fully pressed).. so u need to get a multimeter and measure the voltage signal of your tps.. locate your tps sensor and you'll find there is 3 wires.. it should be 1 wire is for sensor ground.. 1 wire will give constant 5v to sensor.. and 1 more wire is the signal from the tps to the ecu and this is what u should check whether it send the right voltage when throttle fully closed and fully open.. if its not sending the right voltage then u need to loosen the sensor screw n rotate the sensor until u get 0.5v when the throttle is fully closed.. then hit the pedal so the thrrottle is fully open and measure back u should get approx. 4v.. try this method 1st and see whether your mfd reads 0% after that.. mfd is just a display what needs synchronization 1st is between sensor and ecu

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
yes this might be your problem.. one of tps (throttle position sensor) function is for idle speed control (ecu need to know 0% throttle = idling).. not too sure bout rb26 from bnr34 (i think should be the same laa.. bnr34 owner with pfc please look at your commander n comfirm this tq) but on bnr32 and bcnr33 rb26 the tps give approx. 0.5v when 0% throttle (accelerator pedal not pressed) and approx. 4v when 100% throttle (accelerator fully pressed).. so u need to get a multimeter and measure the voltage signal of your tps.. locate your tps sensor and you'll find there is 3 wires.. it should be 1 wire is for sensor ground.. 1 wire will give constant 5v to sensor.. and 1 more wire is the signal from the tps to the ecu and this is what u should check whether it send the right voltage when throttle fully closed and fully open.. if its not sending the right voltage then u need to loosen the sensor screw n rotate the sensor until u get 0.5v when the throttle is fully closed.. then hit the pedal so the thrrottle is fully open and measure back u should get approx. 4v.. try this method 1st and see whether your mfd reads 0% after that.. mfd is just a display what needs synchronization 1st is between sensor and ecu
For me the PFC sensor reading under the ETC menu is where I'd start but he's using F-Con for which I have no idea how to use, whether there is a CAMP display etc. Surely there has to be a way for him to retrieve that sort of info electronically; if the PFC which is cheaper does this why not the HKS.

Your solution is by far the most accurate way of diagnosing the TPS but from what I gather these past few pages, it might be a bit too technical for him to attempt by himself and for some reason he won't take the car to a workshop. It's like talking to someone on the phone while trying to guess the color of their underwear - pure guessing game. :biggrin:

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
[PIMPIN];4502668 said:
For me the PFC sensor reading under the ETC menu is where I'd start but he's using F-Con for which I have no idea how to use, whether there is a CAMP display etc. Surely there has to be a way for him to retrieve that sort of info electronically; if the PFC which is cheaper does this why not the HKS.

Your solution is by far the most accurate way of diagnosing the TPS but from what I gather these past few pages, it might be a bit too technical for him to attempt by himself and for some reason he won't take the car to a workshop. It's like talking to someone on the phone while trying to guess the color of their underwear - pure guessing game. :biggrin:
let me guess.. today bro pimpin underwear is black rite??? :burnout: cabuttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does Anyone Install RSM Blue Screen @ SAFC On Siemens ECU ( Wira )?

Can u Recommended The Workshop ?

How Bout The Cost Of Installation.....

Thanks Broo
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience