*Idle Problem*Do you encounter this?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Does ur standalone use MAF or MAP sensor?

If MAF, perhaps the MAF sensor needs cleaning..?

Or change to MAP.. I like MAP.. ehehehe..
I guess my car is come with MAP setting when I bought. Btw, what is the diff between MAP, MAF and AFM... This is possible to cause stalling but how to determine whether this componet is default?

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

For idling, if there are no leaks I reckon the best point of reference would be your ECU mapper...
I think this is a way to find out what problem too~ is good to do step by step from cheapest way 1st, I'll ask my mechanic to tighten my BOV, see how is the result.

lemon_demon

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
dude, eids wont even help.. i had 1 for each MAF, stalling still will occur..
i wish to just fix back my stock blow-in but i like my hks suction kit very much & not planning to fix back d stock airbox..
its a very common prob la bro, if u really wants it to be gone, the highest success rate is to recirculate (blow-in)

anyway, this is type II

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Aha.. VPro should me MAP..

So like gobiz has said, unless there's leaking sumwher, me think u shud go back to ur tuner.. incomplete tuning me reckon.. :hmmmm:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
i wish to just fix back my stock blow-in but i like my hks suction kit very much & not planning to fix back d stock airbox..
its a very common prob la bro, if u really wants it to be gone, the highest success rate is to recirculate (blow-in)

anyway, this is type II
Thank you so much bro~ I'll tighten my BOV 1st, then if problem still occur, I'll recirculation it into my intake. Feel contradic in this case.... bOV got nice sound but will cause stall sometime, bov with recirculation setup will solve stall problem but no more fart sound... How you tap your gas pedal when come into stop? Brake and tapping gas at same time?

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Thank you so much bro~ I'll tighten my BOV 1st, then if problem still occur, I'll recirculation it into my intake. Feel contradic in this case.... bOV got nice sound but will cause stall sometime, bov with recirculation setup will solve stall problem but no more fart sound... How you tap your gas pedal when come into stop? Brake and tapping gas at same time?

Bro if it is proven that the problem is with the BOV venting outwards, then u need to recalibrate/retune ur VPro lah..

Recirculation also would suffice, but as u said, no kapishh lah.. :burnout:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bro if it is proven that the problem is with the BOV venting outwards, then u need to recalibrate/retune ur VPro lah..

Recirculation also would suffice, but as u said, no kapishh lah.. :burnout:
Hahaha:-) honestly, I very scare of retune, because I don't know how is my engine condition, later dyno tune engine pecah then I also Susah.... So recirculate better for me. Recirculate still got sound but not loud as direct vent to atmos

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Hahaha:-) honestly, I very scare of retune, because I don't know how is my engine condition, later dyno tune engine pecah then I also Susan.... So recirculate better for me. Recirculate still got sound but not loud as direct vent to atmos

If pecah it would be a very good reason to go 2.8 or a 3.0 lah.. hehehe..

lemon_demon

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
don't tighten it too much, it may cause back pressure to your turbo fin..
haha, i wont bother much if there is no bov sound at all, it's just fancy.. i prefer wastegate's evil sound like from neraka... haha
use heel-toe bro, but just tap n not step

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
haha, i wont bother much if there is no bov sound at all, it's just fancy.. i prefer wastegate's evil sound like from neraka... haha
I'll keep that in mind bro. U r right, stall occasionally better than turbo die, somemore still using ceramic stock snail...

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
Bro, I'm thinking of change my BOV to HKS SSQV with recirulation kit, I heard this is the best way to prevent stall. But as u mention one of the option to solve this problem is change to standalone ecu, I think this can't be solve the problem, because I'm using standalone ecu now and the problem still exist ocaasionally.
then u should visit your tuner bro.. no need for dyno just remap on the idle side

[PIMPIN];4493379 said:
See that's what I said a few posts back. This is a common problem if you have a stock ECU. He has an F-Con V-Pro so it shouldn't be a problem.
yes it should be no prob if using v-pro like bro pimpin said

I guess my car is come with MAP setting when I bought. Btw, what is the diff between MAP, MAF and AFM... This is possible to cause stalling but how to determine whether this componet is default?
basically its the same thing interm of functionality.. its a sensor thats ecu use to determine the engine load and how much air is entering the engine and so it can give the rite amount of fuel and ignition timing.. the difference is how the sensor works.. MAP is manifold absolute pressure.. the sensor position is at the intake manifold after throttle body and it sense pressure.. MAF sensor is mass air flow and sometime called AFM that is air flow meter.. its located before the throttle body and it sense air flow

u need to adjust the the setting of your eids for it to work bro.. not just by turning the adjustment screw behind the unit as u like n feel.. u need to have a timing light and a wideband o2 meter (if u dont have wbo2 go get a cheap multimeter that can read volt).. remember that when u do an adjustment to the eids u actually altering the signal from your maf to your ecu.. thats mean u r altering your fulling n ignition timing on idle.. u need to refer to your wbo2 meter when adjusting eids to have your air fuel ratio right.. when u get your afr right then u need to reset back your ignition timing base when idle to 20btdc (rb26) using a timing light n turning your CAS (cam angle sensor)

this is y your engine stall.. u need to know y venting out the bov stall your engine.. aftermarket bov have stiffer spring rate then normal bov thus making wat u call earlier as back pressure to your turbo.. picture this, when u closed your throttle the remaining pressurized air in your turbo piping have no where to go accept to vent out trough your bov.. if you using a stiffer bov spring rate (such as aftermarket or even worse racing bov) the bov valve will not open much and will close faster thus not allowing much air to escape trough it.. so the remaining pressurize air will go back to your turbo and pass trough your MAF before escape trough your airfilter.. remember how MAF works.. it sense how much air is passing trough it.. more air pass means more fuel ecu will give.. when u close your throttle your engine actually need the ecu to cut the supply of fuel to the engine.. but in your case the ecu actually give more fuel when u closed your throttle (coz back pressure air passing trough your MAF) thus making your afr super rich n stall your engine.. so by tighten you bov u r making it much worse

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Bro, basically my car ran LJetro and later DJetro and I can tell you it doesn't matter provided there is nothing faulty (dirty AFM, faulty plug etc) an aftermarket ECU should have no problems at all. If there were something wrong with the sensors, it should have been noticed when the F-Con was being tuned because your F-Con went in very recently right?

I think this is a way to find out what problem too~ is good to do step by step from cheapest way 1st, I'll ask my mechanic to tighten my BOV, see how is the result.
Blow-off valves usually if you tighten basically you're limiting the amount of air vented. I used to do it myself but that was a GFB blow-off valve. Past 3-4 years I've used HKS but I've never had a reason to even fiddle with it.

anyway, this is type II
There are two types of Type II; don't ask me why but the one you posted came out just months after I got mine.

Aha.. VPro should me MAP..

So like gobiz has said, unless there's leaking sumwher, me think u shud go back to ur tuner.. incomplete tuning me reckon.. :hmmmm:
If there is a leak say blow-off valve anywhere along the piping; wouldn't you notice boost build-up?

Hahaha:-) honestly, I very scare of retune, because I don't know how is my engine condition, later dyno tune engine pecah then I also Susah.... So recirculate better for me. Recirculate still got sound but not loud as direct vent to atmos
If you take your car back to your original tuner; before he runs it on the dyno he will of course check the car to make sure that everything runs fine and there is nothing faulty. Only then would he put the car on the dyno and if he breaks it on the dyno then its not your problem.

The way I see it, if you want to run an external venting blow-off valve, find out what's preventing you from doing so because countless others have no problems. If you recirculate and the problem goes away that means you are ignoring or covering up a problem because with your setup, you shouldn't have to make this compromise.

At the very least try tighten it first before spending more money on new blow-off valves or recirculating fittings.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

this is y your engine stall.. u need to know y venting out the bov stall your engine.. aftermarket bov have stiffer spring rate then normal bov thus making wat u call earlier as back pressure to your turbo.. picture this, when u closed your throttle the remaining pressurized air in your turbo piping have no where to go accept to vent out trough your bov.. if you using a stiffer bov spring rate (such as aftermarket or even worse racing bov) the bov valve will not open much and will close faster thus not allowing much air to escape trough it.. so the remaining pressurize air will go back to your turbo and pass trough your MAF before escape trough your airfilter.. remember how MAF works.. it sense how much air is passing trough it.. more air pass means more fuel ecu will give.. when u close your throttle your engine actually need the ecu to cut the supply of fuel to the engine.. but in your case the ecu actually give more fuel when u closed your throttle (coz back pressure air passing trough your MAF) thus making your afr super rich n stall your engine.. so by tighten you bov u r making it much worse

What he says is correct. If you tighten the blow-off valve to the point that there is no where for the air to escape (remember blow-off valve opens when you take your foot off accelerator therefore the butterfly valve on your throttle body is closed) so it goes back the way it came; unfortunately causing compressor surge which is when your turbo which spins at insane speeds is suddenly forced to spin backwards. Not healthy.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
To bnr_32,
I'm confusing now X_x for what I heard if the bov spring is soft will cause too much air blow out, this make no air but your ecu will continue supply more fuel due to previous measure of MAP/MAF and eventually running super rich and stall. If bov close too tight will cause flutter before the bov open.

But now u said tighten the bov will make the air turn back to MAF/MAP which ecu will give signal to supply more fuel and eventually cause super rich... U have your point but which one is correct?

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
To bnr_32,
I'm confusing now X_x for what I heard if the bov spring is soft will cause too much air blow out, this make no air but your ecu will continue supply more fuel due to previous measure of MAP/MAF and eventually running super rich and stall. If bov close too tight will cause flutter before the bov open.

But now u said tighten the bov will make the air turn back to MAF/MAP which ecu will give signal to supply more fuel and eventually cause super rich... U have your point but which one is correct?
what i said is in response to what bro lemon_demon says.. i believe that he is still using MAF sensor thats why he is using hks eids to alter the signal of his MAF to prevent his engine from stall.. and my explanation why his engine stall is based on engine thats run on a MAF sensor.. in your case this is not applicable coz your engine run on MAP sensor.. u should be able to vent your bov to atmosphere with out any problem what so ever (please comfirm u are running on MAP or MAF).. thats why i suggested you to go to your tuner n have your v-pro look at.. they can datalog all the engine behavior prior to the engine stall and would immediately found its problem

regarding what you heard about bov spring stiffness sorry but i also confuse what u are trying to say.. the basic function of a bov is to release pressurized air form the turbo piping system when u off throttle and fully closed when you floored your pedal.. thats it.. why u asked? for 2 reason.. 1. like bro pimpin said to prevent surging that will damage a turbo in long term and 2. to prevent like what happen to bro pimpin (kereta merajuk) hose piping tercabut heheh and to prevent oem rubber piping from burst (if you still use the oem rubber intercooler piping laa).. so i dont know how to answer your question on too much air blow out and no more air.. why we change to aftermarket bov? 1. because most modern turbo engine have plastic bov that is not durable (but not engine king rb26 stock bov twin cast aluminium bov hehe).. 2. need a stiffer spring rate and adjustable because like bro pimpin laa boost kaw2 1.8bar daily.. when your bov spring is not stiff enough when you boosting high it may leak at the bov.. we dont want that to happen right bro pimpin? sorry bro pimpin have to use u as example coz u are so glamer hehehhehe

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
To bnr_32,

Bro,

I'm not a mechanic nor am I an engineer so I'm going to explain to you in layman terms the differences between MAP and MAF. Both do they same thing which is basically to let the ECU know how much airflow there is. Too much fuel, runs rich. But how they go about it is different. If you look at the stock setup, you notice that there are two plugs immediately after the air filters. Those are the air flow meters and its from there that the ECU knows how much air flow to expect. But when you change gears and the blow off valve vents, then you end up with a bit too much fuel; in short it'll run rich sometimes causing it to stall.

The MAP sensor reads the air pressure in the manifold and generally people tap into a vacuum hose to get the pressure reading. This info is relayed to ECU; x amount of fuel for x amount of airflow (calculated based on the pressure/boost).

That's about as basic as I can explain it; of course its not detailed and there is a lot more to it and there are pros and cons for each of them which we will save for your next thread.

So going back to the question of the blow-off valve being tight. When you say tight, there are two ways of looking at it. Some blow-off valves you can adjust the 'tightness' meaning how easily the valve opens. Too tight with stock boost might not be enough to open the valve all the way, and the air must end up somewhere. Lose generally means it'll open easier under pressure which of course equals a louder blow off valve sound.

Another way of describing it as being lose is when the blow off valve won't hold the boost anymore. This basically means that the moment you come on boost the valve tends to leak; allowing the air to escape. This you will definitely notice because you will struggle to build up boost. This will affect the MAP reading. But usually if there is any form of leak then you would notice it when you drive. Does the car come on boost like normal?

Anyways, if you suspect that your car is stalling because its running rich a free and easy way is to check your sparkplugs. See if they are fouled.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

1. like bro pimpin said to prevent surging that will damage a turbo in long term and 2. to prevent like what happen to bro pimpin (kereta merajuk) hose piping tercabut heheh and to prevent oem rubber piping from burst (if you still use the oem rubber intercooler piping laa).. so i dont know how to answer your question on too much air blow out and no more air.. why we change to aftermarket bov? 1. because most modern turbo engine have plastic bov that is not durable (but not engine king rb26 stock bov twin cast aluminium bov hehe).. 2. need a stiffer spring rate and adjustable because like bro pimpin laa boost kaw2 1.8bar daily.. when your bov spring is not stiff enough when you boosting high it may leak at the bov.. we dont want that to happen right bro pimpin? sorry bro pimpin have to use u as example coz u are so glamer hehehhehe
:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my fren car was stolen on tuesday (30/08/2005) around 5 pm in the
evening. the location at TAMAN SEGAR , JALAN LEMAK 2

the car is a wira dark grey color, just convert to 4g91 recently.
15 white BSA inch , 10 inch front windscreen sticker , skirting and exaust

this happen when he found out the key hole at the rear bonet was missing
he go home and call his fren to check for the price. On the same time , he heard
the car alarm trigger. when he went out, he saw the thief is driving his car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience