ideal cruising temperatures for 4age 20v?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Dear frens,

I'm wondering.. What's d ideal cruising temp on silvertop n blacktop?

Coz my silvertop temp pointing at 'C' when driving 120 km/h at night

N i don't think that's right

Kindly share ur thoughts

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
what temp...?? oil temp or water temp (ambient temp :confused: ) ...??

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Normally water temp on my car pointing just below from half level, no matter day or night driving. I think your thermostat jammed and always opened.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Normally water temp on my car pointing just below from half level, no matter day or night driving. I think your thermostat jammed and always opened.
ok.. thanx

I'll get a new thermostat soon :wink:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
My previous Silvertop engine also crusing at nearly 1/10 scale, especially early in the morning.
The temp will goes up to 2/5 scale during hot day heavy traffic.
After plug in BT engine, the temp stay at about 2/5 scale, no matter hot or cold day.
I guess this is one of an improvement made for BT engine, to have more stabilize working temp.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
IMHO...the dash water temp meter is literally crap...it wont give you any warning until its too late...had a couple unpleasant experience with it...

first time kena when i'm still running 4afe engine...that time radiator cap have a small leak...i dont see any steam coming out...suddenly the meter shot up and engine died...after inspection radiator no water at all...lucky i just drove a few km...top up water and drive back home...

second time kena...almost the same case but this time i have another water temp meter installed...suddenly shot up pass 130 c...but the dash meter still at half the level (which is normal i guess)...immediately stop the car...inspect the engine...the rubber water stopper at the thermostat housing burst...a quick DIY by the road side...top up water and drive back home...

if havent for that another water temp meter...i would drive of like nothing happen and probably kill my engine in the process....

so if you thinking the dash meter is giving you the correct reading...trust me....no it is not...it just show you the "general" reading of your water temp...

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Wow...
Thats is new info for me. Is your external water temp give an audible alarm when overheated?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yes its true according to bera. happened to me once in perdana, the water temp meter suddenly shot up to max & car died.
suggest to get external water meter temp as its more accurate.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yes its true according to bera. happened to me once in perdana, the water temp meter suddenly shot up to max & car died.
suggest to get external water meter temp as its more accurate.
Yup, it depends where the meter is taking the reading. I remember my old ride takes reading from radiator, but thermostat jam so no hot water going through. Meter still shows cool but engine acting funny as it was getting hotter and hotter. Lucky stop and check if not engine burnt....:smokin:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
Wow...
Thats is new info for me. Is your external water temp give an audible alarm when overheated?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
not audible...there is an extra option to do it but i dont hook it up yet (cant find the door ajar buzzer)...currently relying on flashing LED if the temp went past preset temp (now set at 120 C)...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Last nite, my st cruise @ 25% on d temp meter.. Stop for refueling n then its like 15% :banghead:

I'll find d thermostat 2morrow

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
Last nite, my st cruise @ 25% on d temp meter.. Stop for refueling n then its like 15% :banghead:

I'll find d thermostat 2morrow
huhuhu...your car water temp reading is weird la...post the result after you change thermostat...i'm a bit curious to know too... :listen:

and how is your radiator water level...??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My drive is satria with Mitsu 4G93 SOHC Engine (auto)
Planning to change the stock air filter to Open Pod

The filter already brought from a nice seller from ZTH, HKS Super Flow

But people said that my car will lost some power because of my drive is Auto Transmitsion.
But i also will do a CAI hose to the filter.

And later will change the muffler to S-flow
My upgrade: HKS Super Flow + Denso Iridium IK-20 Spark Plug

How was you guys or girls thing about it ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience