ICE Installation at C. V. Audio (Uptown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
So what does the Zenn's statemnet mean? I still cannot get reply on this. If all quite means I right on this, is it correct? As I got pissed off because of this. If I'm wrong then I will say sorry for it. Peace forever.
acbc, if you are handsome enough and let them do all the talking, I think it should be no problem, as long as you can make them think they are more clever than you, not the other way round. Anyway I not yet been to CV Audio before, but more or less the samelah for a high end shop. This not applied to CV Audio only, but other shops. Just back from LTM in Seremban today, they treat me nicely this time as I keep quite and let them do the talking. But still like to condemn on my ICE setup. Say this brand is no good and the speaker wires all cheap thing.

Last edited:

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
If you ask ppl how can they improve your current syste, they will definately look into your overall setup and give you suggestion in upgrading some of your components so that you can have better SQ.
Obviously, wiring play important role and they will propose you to change.

If any suggestion by installer which is leading to the possibility of you needed to change some of your component is a form of condemn, then, perhaps you should not ask them to look at your setup.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Forgot to mention, the speakers wire that they want me to buy 1 is silver transparent type, slightly thicker than my silver transparent type. They selling for rm4 per feet which I can get for rm1.50 per meter, is the same type of wire. They said mine is too thin and cannot give a good SQ. Anyway I bought the thinner wires for rm0.8 per meter only. Anyway I don't want to show my car to them but parked at their shop, what to do.

bububann

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
OK OK THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.

All this bashing is unhealthy.

We in ZTH are here to change opinions on how to elevate our ICE system, or even obtain views as to not be `cheated' or `sotong' as you may want to call it.

First rule of ICE: SOUND and BRAND are SUBJECTIVE.

As far as what zenn has said I believe he meant LA products are overpriced COMPARED to other amps that can give better SQ quality. Cap ayam or not that is SUBJECTIVE.

LA is the spinoff from Rockford, thus some say ayam because the products do not meet or are well below the specs that RF put out in their top-of-the-line RF amps. Again this opinion is SUBJECTIVE.

However, I have to agree with zenn, that LA is overpriced, because of it being the second tier in terms of brand, where there are some first tier brands are about the same price range, yet give better SQ. Again this is SUBJECTIVE.

MORALE: STICK TO WHAT BRAND THAT PLEASES YOU MOST.

Other `branded' products (some call ayam some call branded) are always overpriced in accesory shops due to tax factors, business overheads or whatnots. It is the shops' perogative to put a pricing on their items, if you know for a fact that the item is overpriced, nobody is stopping you from walking out of the shop and going into the next one around the corner to get a better price.

So, all my brothers, the best way to keep it healthy is find a shop with well reasonably priced products, excellent and friendly service, not lan si, layan everybody so good and LET US ALL KNOW IN HERE.

I'm sure this will provide more BENEFIT than all this bashing that is going around.

I apologise befordhand if any statements I make above offends anybody.

Peace and lets make ICE a passion, not a war.

Cheers

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thank you bububann. I agree with you 100%.

Kyheng : you are too biased against these shops. Just becuz you experienced one or two crappy shops doesn't mean all is crappy. I find it hard to believe you visited over 40 shops cuz I don't think there are that many to begin with (referring to the more famous ones). The more simpler shops may or may not want to rip you off.. some famous shops may or may not want to rip you off. It's all depends on your luck and the honesty of the shops. You can't generalise all shops just because of one bad experience.

I personally found CV Audio (Uptown) to be friendly, very reasonable and they have excellent service. And I would recommend Peter to anyone who cares to believe me.

I would appreciate if you would stop bashing shops and people, then just get on with life.

I have already explained what I understood from Zenn's words and whether you wish to accept it or not (with or without your European friends).

So let's just leave it at this and call it a day. I've PM-ed Tom to close this thread.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
If you don't belief just leave it. No need to say I'm telling lies here. Can you count, every state in Malaysia got how many acc. shops? As I said earlier I count it from JB till Penang when I visit my friends over there. The people in the shops are judging their customers by the first look. You maybe lucky as you are rich man and you let him do all the talking. I'm a poor man, so everything will ask very detail and will do research on internet. Who will like a customer that talk and knows alot if they try to sotong him? Do you know what is inside a passive crossover? And do you know how to make a most simple passive crossover? I will not bash people if they don't start it first. Please check properly in this thread, who start the bashing first? Don't try to make like is my fault.
I ask my European friends is just to confirm that statement that is it like what I said. But the fact is what I say is true, only you are trying to tilt the statement's meaning by saying I'm wrong.
You say you want to close this thread, then just close it, there's no need to bash me again.

bububann

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
OK hope this will finally erase all ill feelings within this thread’s community.

u need to go to higher high end shops la bro, the type of shops that dont sell lightning audio which for me is cap ayam..

ENGLISH 101

The statement above hits/hantam at the brand Lightning Audio, NOT shops.
BE CLEAR ON THIS.

What it actually means is that one should go to HIGH END shops carrying established brands like RF, SS, BRAX, PPI, HELIX, Phoenix Gold, etc. BUT not CARRYING LA products. Then make a comparison between the prices of the LA amps and the high end brands mentioned above.

It’s actually an ambiguous (means: double meaning for all you layman out there haha) sentence if read/predicted wrongly. I can see that.

However, misunderstandings shouldn’t occur because if you reflect back `cap ayam’ to the subject of the sentence which is HIGH END SHOPS, it is ironical.
How can high end shops be cap ayam? Ie; Can, say Harley Davidson official distributors be called cap ayam shops?

SO IN THIS RESPECT, CAP AYAM IN THE ABOVE STATEMENT REFERS TO THE BRAND LIGHTNING AUDIO, which for zenn LA is cap ayam, and he IS entitled to his opinion on ANY products. Hell, he can say ALPINE and BRAX is cap ayam, he is subjected to his opinion. I can say Rockfox (not spelling error, purposely, in market got what) is branded, so what? MY OPINION IS MINE ALONE, AS SO IS YOURS. No need to get into a fight about it.

To be fair, I don’t think LA is cap ayam. I regard it as mid-range product, however it's too damn overpriced and `over-cosmeticized’. For the price paid for a second tier brand, might as well beef up your budget and get a more mainstream brand, which already has a proven performance, SQ and features.

Ok short and sweet.

I hope this clears up all the clouds.

Remember, ICE is a passion, not a war!

Cheers

Last edited:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Good highligthing friend and patience. I and some other people should be ashame for this, but what to do, young man, hot blood. Very easy to lose temper. Anyway everything have 2 sided story, only how we take it. Like me totally agree with what Ryws said, so I support him as I experience it too. Like the survey car audio shops, I will survey alot first, before a purchase is made. Must see how they treat me, can sit together to talk or not. So far most of the normal shop can sit together and talk to exchange info but not high end 1 cannot, as they think they are the best. Like a shop that sell RF products in Seremban. He have win a competition almost 10 years back, not recent competition, and he is very proud and like to condemn others setup. See, just win once somemore not 1st, but 4th also the attitude like this. That is why I very reluctant to go in to high end shops, but sometimes reach another state so just give them a chance, but is still the same thing I get, what can I do? That's why I dare to make this conclusion even some are not like this.
Anyway nobody say that LA is high end product, only distributer here push it up to mark up the price just because LA sponsered in Fast and Furious movie. Check on A US website, a LA 6.5" 2 way speaker is selling for rm80 after convert where a shop in Seremban selling for rm500.

Last edited:

bububann

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
Ahhh revelation!

Good, no more fight fight, discuss good stuff better hehe

Hmm i see ur point kyheng

Some tauke, or even most lah, will want to condemn other people's setup or even talk like they are the best (even win 4th place 10 years ago).

Why?

1. Personal Ego boost
2. Simply lan si
3. Try to prove to you they are better than other installers, hopefully to make you believe and convinced, so as not to go to other installers
4. Desperate because not making sales: so must come on hard to take ur money maaa!

Ok, with this ready knowledge in your hand, the best advise I can give to anybody when shopping for ICE products is:

1. Research, research, research. (sotong then how if no research hehe)

2. Determine what you want to buy only, don't be swayed by big talk. Head and ask specifically for that item. If expensive, chow, next shop. However, if they bundle excellent value added customer service, then it might be worth considering.

3. If it is a problem you wish to troubleshoot, say aeroplane sound, ASK and CONFIRM the problem beforehand (ask questions in ZTH la, like me). With the knowledge you have from the many people here in ZTH that are always willing to help, approach the tauke. If you know for sure that he is bullshitting you, pretend to make a call and chow. You don't need services of a person who is cheating you in broad daylight anyway.

4. Your MONEY is your decision maker (I think this should be number 1 lah)

5. Friendly and courteous.... that's what spreads peace in this world, even in ICE shops.

Ok done for now. Unless there are other tips to add.

Cheers

Last edited:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Airplane sound, a nightmare in ICE, if not properly done. Good suggestion, ask around first before go to acc shop.. Ask ZTH, FOC, ask acc shop, whole throat blood....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
SIgh. You still don't get it do you? You're very anti-shops which is understandable but you shouldn't generalise all are bad. And having as many shops as there is in KL alone.. I find it hard to believe you drove to every single one (to total more than 40). But that's another topic.

If you're talking about people making stupid comments and losing their tempers, check your own thread before you comment on others. You have bashed Zenn and all these so-called "high end" shops from the very beginning.

I find that very annoying because I have never experienced any problems with CV or KF or KK or Tenichii, but I do have comments about their prices. Other than that I've never had any problems.

And I'd wish you stop this crap about you poor me rich or whatever crap because that's very irritating too. Have you met me? Do you know who I am? How do you know I'm not equal or even poorer than you? You really should stop all these non factual things and just comment on facts that you do have proof and facts on. Just because I go to CV doesn't mean I'm rich and just because you go to a cheaper shop doesn't mean you're poor. You may be just smarter in finding the better deal.

Incidentally you still haven't told us which shop you go to for all these great deals of yours.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
And dammit.. my thread was started about CV AUdio ICE installation. Please stick to the topic.

fathi

Known Member
Sep 21, 2005
malacca
Good Day

Can't help only rading it maa

Here is what I do when I'll do the purchase activity. I'll do this not for ICE only but for most of the Item (Assets) I purchased (Car, House, Car Accessories, Home Theater, Home audio, Home Appliance & Furniture, Properties, Investment Opportunities, etc. etc..). I guess this is influenced by my day job as an Supply Chain Management for the company I work with & my part time businesses which I've been doing.

My day job involved managing, purchasing, selecting Aerospace Parts from the suppliers around the world in term of Quality & Technical aspects, where as my Part time business as a Business Owner of a Networking Business System and as an Active Assets Investor (paper & portfolio)

Here is a trail example of hop I did purchase on my amplifier (nothing fancy just a Xetec Gravity 4G-600)

I determine what I want - an amplifier to boost SQ for front component Focal 136 KX

I did survey what amp suitable for my Focal - I asked around in the ZTH forum - get the answer Audison Vrx, Steg Q-Mos, Audio System Twister.

I do Market survey on these amps - performance & price - i am staying in Malacca, and I survey from KL to S'pore (it's fun as I like travelling too).

Get back to dwg. board - with all the notes which I gathered during my survey - Found out it is not worth it commercially (means it's not worth my money for these amps Richer People with higher end components okey la - not meaning these 3 amps is cap ayam still wonderful amp, is not that I cannot afford it but not worth for me to spend that much)

Get back again to my speaker spec. find Focal demand a lot of power to make it sing nicely - use that characteristics to find other suitable amp - found one Xetec Gravity - it has high RMS due to it's Linear Drive Circuit and have an extensive equalizer to tweak on, furthermore I read in car magazine that one of a reputable car audio shop in KL has installed with Focal Component one time before ..... (You guys can guess who)

Go and audit the amp (the sound) some more (Go to three Shop, 2 in KL, 1 in malacca)

Ask for Retail Price Around RM 1800 tops - then get funding on the retail Price (take out money from one of my assets income)

Check it out around, ebay, Zth, GR8tunes, Used, promo or negotiation from audio shop - looking for deals off retail price

Lucky break - one also a reputable car audio shop have one used (for about 2 months old) have that amp for RM1100, go and audit did purchased with RM1100.00 with installation.

LIVE HAPPILY WITH THAT AMP EVER AFTER.

Well, people when looking for something they like, they always thinking about how much money they got to spend. They forgot it's another thing is more important which is YOUR TIME. All I take is about one and a half month to do this purchased. I invest in time looking for the amp, because I have passion in ICE. I do the survey, the analysis, the comparison, the waits for deal to be good. Some goes to other stuff which I passionate about; House, properties, investmentS, car, furniture, High end Home Theater and Home audio and others). I guess you might not believe that now I am staying in a 4 Bedrooms single storey Bungalow in Malacca which I just paid RM 50 000 only, and this house stand a safety factor Nf more than 2.1 in next 99 years to come. This deal come due to my passion & time I invest in it. But detail on how I get might be another story.

So to all, KY Heng, Iszo and others have the passion in doing this ICE (if you are really passionate about it), Business is business, they get our money anyway, it's just how much you willing to pay and how hard your money work for you. That is all. All these ICE stuff you buy doing you nothing more than making you happier the second after you have, if you feel sad why bother then.

That's My RM 10 and 2 cent opinion

Fathi

Last edited:

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Yeah damn it, close the thread, always Bububann stop the arguement and you starting back again and again. No no no, you have to get it right first, I already say I'm poor, please read carefully. Or you don't know simple English? Then go back to kindergarden and learn again. Maybe you are not a rich man, sorry if that offended you.
You found that very annoying as we comment or condemn(you understanding) you best CV Audio, like Zenn comment or condemn other normal shop. From here I can know 1 thing : you are seems like working with CV Audio or Peter is your best friend. That's why you die die want people to give him a chance. The shops that I get great deals is Brothers(HU), Keng Heng(amp), Seng acc(sub), Fongs acc(box), Jinsan(wiring and setup). Shops that or comment or condemn my setup : Great acc, LTM, Fongs acc. Get the box from them is because I survey few shops already and his slightly cheaper.
Other states acc shop just can see but cannot buy is because of warrranty problem.
That's why you can get a good service from them, not like me, ryws and other people then never post it here. Do you argee or not that acc shops like to judge people when they come in to their shops? If you say no means you are 100% from acc shop. As Bububann said before, everything is subjective, only see how people take it, since you cannot take it and want to say you are the best. I can take it, but then the truth will be buried. A thread is for people to change info, you like to say CV Audio or other high acc shops is great, but I would like to let more people that reading in this forum knows high end shop not neccessary can give us good setup, normal shops also can give good setup and high end shop normally will sotong people very nicely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there sifu...

if lets say i wanna change my engine block to a higher cc.. must i change my air filter and intercooler to a bigger size ones??..will the engine be very hot??
thx!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience