i think to buy RX8 .....but im not sure the car is ok on engine and gearbox or not?

iatebananas

Known Member
Oct 5, 2012
Petaling Jaya
Re: i think to buy RX8 .....but im not sure the car is ok on engine and gearbox or no

lol rx8's are as cheap as a myvi these days. as an ex used car dealer, id say a big nono to the 8.
my ex boss wanted the 8's out of the dealership asap as they required too much maintenance...
they sold the manual one at 70xk and the auto one for 60xk if im not mistaken. note this was 2 years ago.
engine is a rotary, meaning not any mechanic knows how to fix it. they call these cars "zhou lou che" (see also run away. cars)
besides, the rotary is known to guzzle fuel and is not what you can call totally reliable.

gearbox wise, if you insist on buying one id go for a manual, reason is because since your engine might fail anytime u wouldnt want another thing on your list. :) just my 20 sen.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Re: i think to buy RX8 .....but im not sure the car is ok on engine and gearbox or no

LOL. I many ah beng around equip GT wing on saga iswara, wira and etc. I know about downforce it can generate but I don't think there are many professional accessories shop out there that can equip a GT wing to a car with the right setting to generate downforce. But I thought the proper way to measure it is through a wind tunnel or something like that? Are there any other easier way to test the downforce?

RX-8 is RWD NA car while MPS is FWD turbo car. It's not easy to handle a FWD high powered turbo car because of torque steer and stuffs like that. MPS is something that requires a lot of good driving skill to pull the best performance out of it.
No idea man, have to wait for the right sifu to answer that question. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

lol rx8's are as cheap as a myvi these days. as an ex used car dealer, id say a big nono to the 8.
my ex boss wanted the 8's out of the dealership asap as they required too much maintenance...
they sold the manual one at 70xk and the auto one for 60xk if im not mistaken. note this was 2 years ago.
engine is a rotary, meaning not any mechanic knows how to fix it. they call these cars "zhou lou che" (see also run away. cars)
besides, the rotary is known to guzzle fuel and is not what you can call totally reliable.

gearbox wise, if you insist on buying one id go for a manual, reason is because since your engine might fail anytime u wouldnt want another thing on your list. :) just my 20 sen.
My wife's boss had an RX-8, One time engine had problem parked 2 months waiting for parts. Repaired and sold off....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Zhou lou che. Now that's a refreshing name, haha. One of the best way to describe RX-8. But many people out there are using auto RX-8 including university student. Unfortunate for them.

No idea man, have to wait for the right sifu to answer that question. :biggrin:
Izso maybe? :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Zhou lou che. Now that's a refreshing name, haha. One of the best way to describe RX-8. But many people out there are using auto RX-8 including university student. Unfortunate for them.

Izso maybe? :biggrin:
Ya man, Izso is sifu in everything. He is just one of the close to extinction wise man with experience.
He is the man to ask :rofl: :vroam: He gonna kill me later :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Ya man, Izso is sifu in everything. He is just one of the close to extinction wise man with experience.
He is the man to ask :rofl: :vroam: He gonna kill me later :rofl:
wait till he comes in :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

wait till he comes in :biggrin:
Too bad here cannot Tag him to notify him other than PM him :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Time to go FB. Hahaha
I seldom on FB anymore. :biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

Rotary-engined car owner are a rare breed.... total car nut I must say.... never I heard people talking about engine rebuilding with much passion and love like them.... think of them as an ideal boyfriend/husband

I'm not being sarcastic, I have 2 of them being my friend... and one of them own both RX7 and RX8... at first I ridiculed them, but after ridden in each, I beginning to understand...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Too bad here cannot Tag him to notify him other than PM him :rofl:
PM him then :biggrin:

Rotary-engined car owner are a rare breed.... total car nut I must say.... never I heard people talking about engine rebuilding with much passion and love like them.... think of them as an ideal boyfriend/husband

I'm not being sarcastic, I have 2 of them being my friend... and one of them own both RX7 and RX8... at first I ridiculed them, but after ridden in each, I beginning to understand...
We're not saying Rotaries are not good. It is just that you need to go through a lot to regularly maintain them compared to other types of car. Well, if you can withstand all the regular maintenance and the heavy fuel consumption, then it's okay to go for Rotary.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Rx-7 very fast get heated up too. Not suitable for our country hot weather. Better off in Japan or US

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

Yeah!! Gem of an engine.... the rev climb likes its on electric motor... that one I've experience on stock ones.... not the bridge-port type

Naturally I understand that my rotary owner friend says it worth the extra care and $$$.... if I got the extra $$$, I'd probably jump in the rotary wagon as well :biggrin:

p/s: would be great if I can see an rx-8 with 13B-REW in it :driver:
We're not saying Rotaries are not good. It is just that you need to go through a lot to regularly maintain them compared to other types of car. Well, if you can withstand all the regular maintenance and the heavy fuel consumption, then it's okay to go for Rotary.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh

As we want great power.. it always comes with great..deep..pocket :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The hot hatch arena just got tighter with the Renault Megane RS tossing its hat into the ring. Recently, we spotted one in the pits of Sepang International Circuit, and the timing was perfectly in line with Renault Malaysia’s promise of bringing in the hatch towards the end of the year.

Sitting under the hood is a 2-liter turbocharged inline-...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience