i m just wondering....

rexysky

Sep 15, 2008
other than mitsu engine.... wat other brand can we swap?
the SR16VE N1 is a mouth watering engine... :-P
of cos SR20DET is the one... ;-)

Last edited:

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i guess as long as u have a gud workshop this mod should not be a prob.. but certain things like driveshaft will have to be machine made, its better then cutting and welding.. the sr20det u will need to source the pulsargti one and lock the gearbox to 2 wheel drive.. sr16n1 is a rare engine, but i would love u ride in one though :)

ken3182

Known Member
May 9, 2007
i have seen the engine before and i have consulted my mechanic.

As he mention, fitting in the engine will not be a problem on the left and right engine mounting but will be a problem for the front and back mounting as the engine sitting is difference.

As for Mitsubishi engine, it sit pretty well on all 4 mounting with minor adjustment / Mod

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
hmmm.. in that case i guess its weather u wanna take the risk and change the location of the front and back mountings.. but confirm wont pass jpj without $$

ken3182

Known Member
May 9, 2007
side mounting is important but the most important is the front & back mounting cause the whole engine will be sitting on it... So think carefully before the mod..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, in this post I will show you what is the culprit when side mirror cannot auto-flip.

First we need to remove the mirror by pry from below. Do it carefully

Then remove 4 screw that hold side mirror cover.

Here what it will look like...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience