I just bought a second hand Lexus IS250

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
I recently bought a second hand Lexus IS 250 as my second car beside my CLS 55 AMG...It's a single owner 2007 Silver colour Lexus 2.5L (A) Paddle Shift Japan Specs for RM70,000....After few days of driving this IS 250, i found that it is indeed a very good car that gives a comfort driving & a nice sporty shape....The engine is very responsive and the size is about right for a daily commuter to work....It features a number of useful state of the art accessories to assist in the driving & to ease off driver's load while driving....they are such as:

- ABS Brakes,
- Adjustable Steering,
- Airbag Driver,
- Airbag Passenger,
- Alarm,
- Bluetooth Connectivity,
- CD Player,
- MD Player
- Central Lock,
- Climate Control,
- Cruise Control,
- DVD Player,
- Electric Seat,
- Head Up Display,
- Interior Lighting
- Leather Seats,
- 6 speed Paddleshift,
- Park Assist,
- Push Start,
- Reverse Camera
- Sport Rims,
- Touch Screen,
- Voice Recognition

The only negative aspect of the car is the Japanese Language GPS & Radio system since it is a Japan specs.....But overall...very good....A recommended car for those who love small & compact cars...

What are your thought on this great vehicle?

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nice car for quite a good price. By the way, did you manage to solve your problem on CLS350?

http://www.lexus-isf.com/ Here is a blog site about a owner with IS-F in Japan that you can read about to know more about this generation of Lexus IS. I'm sure there are many similarities between your car and this IS-F. Perhaps there are useful information that can help you in that blog.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nice car for quite a good price. By the way, did you manage to solve your problem on CLS350?

http://www.lexus-isf.com/ Here is a blog site about a owner with IS-F in Japan that you can read about to know more about this generation of Lexus IS. I'm sure there are many similarities between your car and this IS-F. Perhaps there are useful information that can help you in that blog.
Can upgrade the brakes with the IS-F 6 pots fr/4 pots rr. :biggrin: Some guys in the IS Malaysia club have done that.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Can upgrade the brakes with the IS-F 6 pots fr/4 pots rr. :biggrin: Some guys in the IS Malaysia club have done that.
Seems like a good idea. Car is lighter than IS-F but with the same brakes. Speaking of brakes, a lot of people have done larger brakes conversion from higher tier cars to lower tier cars. This blog writer owns a BCNR33 GT-R and he is using brakes from R35 GT-R with 18" Volk TE37 wheels.

There is also another ER34 Skyline GT-T in Malaysia that uses R35 brakes on his cars. Running on 18" Nismo LMGT4 I think.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Seems like a good idea. Car is lighter than IS-F but with the same brakes. Speaking of brakes, a lot of people have done larger brakes conversion from higher tier cars to lower tier cars. This blog writer owns a BCNR33 GT-R and he is using brakes from R35 GT-R with 18" Volk TE37 wheels.

There is also another ER34 Skyline GT-T in Malaysia that uses R35 brakes on his cars. Running on 18" Nismo LMGT4 I think.
Actually it's overkill to use IS-F brakes on IS250 but no harm having better brakes if you have the money to spend. :biggrin: The more suitable brake upgrade for IS250 is just to use GS300 Advics 4 pot for front, that's good enough already. If still want to upgrade the rear brakes then use the LS460 2 pot.

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya

Now doing my CLS....i just send it in for repair 2 days ago...i hope they will solve the problems....*finger crossed*....and thanks for the write up on IS250 bro....will read on it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Now doing my CLS....i just send it in for repair 2 days ago...i hope they will solve the problems....*finger crossed*....and thanks for the write up on IS250 bro....will read on it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Hope they will be able to solve your problems in the CLS.

Other than info on Lexus IS, there are also other interesting stuff about how Lexus Japan operates and how they treat their customers. Impressive customer service.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Actually it's overkill to use IS-F brakes on IS250 but no harm having better brakes if you have the money to spend. :biggrin: The more suitable brake upgrade for IS250 is just to use GS300 Advics 4 pot for front, that's good enough already. If still want to upgrade the rear brakes then use the LS460 2 pot.
Sorry for the late respond. Overlooked your post earlier. Well, I think having better brakes is surely better as it gives you a larger safety net. As long as the brakes don't feel weird like what I heard about some old twin pot brakes where it is difficult to brake slowly and seamlessly.

If IS-F brakes on IS250 is overkill, I guess R35 brakes on GT-T R34 is also overkill. :biggrin: While R35 brakes might suffer from disc cracks, I think the problem should not appear on lighter cars like these older Skyline.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry for the late respond. Overlooked your post earlier. Well, I think having better brakes is surely better as it gives you a larger safety net. As long as the brakes don't feel weird like what I heard about some old twin pot brakes where it is difficult to brake slowly and seamlessly.

If IS-F brakes on IS250 is overkill, I guess R35 brakes on GT-T R34 is also overkill. :biggrin: While R35 brakes might suffer from disc cracks, I think the problem should not appear on lighter cars like these older Skyline.
If you are not modding for extra power, modding the brakes already seems an overkill.....lol

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
really... big fat brakes when not really required, no real pointlah..... susah cari rim je

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes the stock IS250 brakes is not good, soft & spongy. So it's highly recommended to upgrade the brakes even if you don't upgrade any power.
By the way, what brakes are you using on Mark X. I saw a few Mark X running around with TOM's brake.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Things might be top of the stakes for their production cars with the 1M Coupe on the way as well as the brand new F10 M5 but on the circuit it’s a bleak affair for BMW, having broken many hearts by leaving the Formula One circuit at the end of last season. The trend continues as they have just announced that they’re pulling out their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience