I have been charged check & fix wiring

imkelvin

Oct 13, 2012
I have been charged RM60 for checking and fixing wiring for my Proton Iswara of Power Window Switch. It is reasonable? Can anyone tell me?

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
I have been charged RM60 for checking and fixing wiring for my Proton Iswara of Power Window Switch. It is reasonable? Can anyone tell me?
What was the problem? Sometimes if takes them the whole day to find and solve the issue, RM60 might be ok....

nyantong

Jul 26, 2008
Bro, people also have to eat mah. Plus this is diagnosing and wiring, not replacing brake pads or changing oil.

Did he remove the door panel and all that? But half hour quite fast job.

My friend fitted Double Din player, take old one out and put in new one, accessory shop charge RM40, but for me he charge RM70, but I paid because China car, he had difficult adjusting the depth, so he took much longer time to do.....

better ask the technician how much he gonna charging, or at least an estimate, before start working on the car.
Fair and square, for both parties.

i dun think now can easily find rm20-30 labor charge edi, unless mechanic bawah pokok

if rm30 labor, after deduct the shop rental, worker labor etc etc fee....negative profit already
Still have. My mechanic that day check my wiring for air con, charge RM20 only. Initially I thought big problem because suddenly no more cold air and maybe compressor kaput. He check and say compressor not running. Check about 20 minutes found wire to air con in engine compartment broken. Just join back only.....:rolleyes:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
i dun think now can easily find rm20-30 labor charge edi, unless mechanic bawah pokok

if rm30 labor, after deduct the shop rental, worker labor etc etc fee....negative profit already
Come on la Kenny,

Its not only one customer paying RM30 a day...

If only one customer a day, quickly close shop already no need to wait any longer....:listen:

imkelvin

Oct 13, 2012
Bro, people also have to eat mah. Plus this is diagnosing and wiring, not replacing brake pads or changing oil.
Hello, you are not answering my question. I don't care people have to eat or not. We as a customers also have to eat. So, I am ASKING, not ARGUING.

Come on la Kenny,

Its not only one customer paying RM30 a day...

If only one customer a day, quickly close shop already no need to wait any longer....:listen:
I agree with you bro, I felt that it is quite expensive for me as I see I don't feel that it is very complicated.

better ask the technician how much he gonna charging, or at least an estimate, before start working on the car.
Fair and square, for both parties.
Hard one, sometimes the technician don't know how deep is the problem and want to go how far is it for the wiring.. but good idea also bro. thanks

myakac

Jun 13, 2010
In my opinion, it's reasonable.wiring troubleshooting become expensive not because the look of how it perform. it look easy but it require essential knowledge to troubleshoot it and some are very hard to solve eventhough it look simple. some knowledge in wiring not come cheap as some earn it in hard way. just my 2 cents...

Black coloured Toyota Hilux 2.8 bearing number plate QKM3626 stolen in Medan Jaya, Bintulu, Sarawak.
Pls be on the lookout n info police if spotted.
This vehicle belongs to a friend. :bawling: