Hyundai Owners

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Originally posted by Cow@Nov 22 2004, 21:55
Blacksamurai:

errr, I dunno ler...still trying to decide whether to go or not.
You're in for sure? Cool, got someone representing hyundai on that day haha
if only 1 Hyundai , no siok lah, come lah, we make a Hyundai or Hyundai Coupe corner, take group photo, ok?

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Just get another dyno today with my car. Sad things happen the ECU that the Korean send are not working properly with the Hi-Cams. As of now, I am only able to pump 110.4whp. Hopefully when the Korean send back the ECU I can rich another 10whp. My goal is just 120whp Then I am done.

lim the SR 264 is a High performance camshaft. Hp gain are from 95.1whp tp 110.4whp. :D So , yes is did have performance gain.

my next step might be geeting the 2.0l piston and rod from us to make it really a 2.0L Elantra. Wish me luck on getting those things in . ha

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
Hey Deep

What's the whp of a stock Elantra? And how fast your car can go from 0-100?

Any summary on the things you moded and dyno after that? That will be a guideline on what to do next on my car.

cws

Oct 1, 2004
hi all...
i have a unit of SAFC2 (Blue screen) for sale which come with stand and in very good condition, still under warrantly........
anyone interested abt this pls PM me...
Price RM 900.... negotiable....

rsctan

Known Member
Feb 28, 2004
hey where and how much your hi cam cost?

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
To be frank I think the original whp for Elantra are at 70-76whp. I didn't really dyno before I start modding my car. How I come out with the 70-76 figure. Well, the first time I did dyno setting without any tuning the car provideing a 73.4whp, so I get some +/- figure from there.

rcstan, my cam, I get it all the way from korean. Last time sharkracing did sell it, but not anymore now. The cost,..?? Can't quite remember.. I guess is somewhere USD 350-400.

Now I am looking for some one to help me with my AFC setting. .. Hope to pump more out of my car, :D

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
rsctan,

are you coming to the Wangsa Maju Breakfast tomorrow? waiting for your reply yah.

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
I am that close to buy a 2.0liter half cut coupe engine today. I was thinking this, do you guys think that the coupe 2.0 liter enginer and the elantra engine are the same? I am so interested to convert my Elantra back to 2.0l. Anyhow, me and my friend are going to the chop shop tomorrow to double check it again. Should the things are the same, I will buy it, send it for port and polish , retune it, and stuff it in my elantra. Then, I will have a 2.0l Elantra. :D :D :D
Can't wait till I got my hand on that engine.

Next mod. Auto to Manual. Get myself the gearbox. Once this conversion is done, then is my manual conversion. I hope all can be done b4 the Zth gathering at sepang. Then I can test out the car.

rsctan

Known Member
Feb 28, 2004
hey any of you drivinga red coupe here? i saw a red coupe in jln kuching today...eeheheh..just asking...ehehe
and any of you got any pic of a coupe with original headlights with HID lights?
i want to change to HID but dunno how it will look on my car...:(

zique

Kopi O Lesen Driver
Jun 30, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
mikeyip.com
Don't really bother about the HP of the Hyundai, quite happy that it took my Standard Elantra 2hours ++ to take me from KL to JB and almost similar time from JB back to KL this morning.

You can decide whether I'm crazy or what after wards. LOL :lol:

Here's what I did today (Sunday) :D
Left KL at 6.30am to JB, had 2 stops in between, reach JB at 9am and have my breakfast, left JB at 10.30 and reach KL at 1pm to have lunch with my parents.

In my humble opinion, not bad, cause the last time I took a bus ride was 5hours long....

I've yet to take it the distance of KL to Penang thought, will try that some time when I decide to go there for breakfast. LOL.