Hyundai Extractor

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
Hi

I'll need some advice on changing my Hyundai Elantra 4+2+1 extractor, any place recommended? And how much will it cost?

What about the 2nd sensor? Don't care about it? Please help.

Thanks
charles

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
HMS, here are thethings that they do . My first o2 sensor still working. But for my 2nd o2, will my OBD-scanner are saying the circuit not functioning. My best bet is that they had somehow dislocate the 2nd o2. Anyhow, the 2nd O2 are not that important. You can have it discon.Basically the 2nd o2 just detect whether the emission that your cat giving out are according the the environemt spec. So here is what happen. should a 2nd O2 detect your engine are giving our a lot of unhealthy smoke, it will give signal to the ECU to be increase the air in. That way, you can get a cleaner air. Since I am not a good environmental ppl, I really don't care how poison my emission is. So F it.
As far as the CEL light, is still working. No probelm. I have my car scan by OBDII scanner and all are in good shape except the 2nd O2 sensor.
Deep,
Terror lar the person done the o2 for you. I tried disconnecting the 2nd o2, the CEL still light up. I oso know the function is just to tell you that your cat is not working nothing more. The 1st o2 is to determine the A/F ratio.
Meaning what arr? A little blur...

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Bro, you want mine ah? I am planning to go for Turbo, for the extractor up for sale soon.

Anyway, if you want a brand new one, two way you can get it, a) from speedworks in PJ cost I guess is Rm 700+ if I am not mistaken, 2) go to any exhasut shop, ask them to bend and weld for you cost slightly cheaper (again is my own thinking only ah).

If you get from me is about RM 500, but got to wait till all my turbo accseeroies are here. ha

Regarding the 2nd O2, there are two scenerio that's going to happne after you change the extractor

1) You wouldn't get any signal at all.
2) THe CEL light will light on due to the uncorrect location of your 2nd O2 sensor. THis can be overcome by eyither discon the light at the panel or re locate the 2nd O2 to the correct position( this take time and testing).

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
Hi Deep

Your extractor is chrome or stainless steel? How long have you been using the extractor? So I can just screw in the extractor?

The exhaust shop I went to is charging me RM580 for a new extractor. He said those stainless steel will be very hot which need to wrap with that anti-heat thinggy...

Thanks

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
I had been using it for like.... 1 years+ now. Is stainless steel. Is from Hotbits products.

Yes it is a direct screw on things. What you need might be a need set of gasket for the extractor that cost Rm 80-90 I guess. But that depends on your current gasket condition. I had mine change the last time I do my extractor.

On the wrapping things.. well, I will say this, I didn't see much of a need to wrap it up. To be honest with you, hotbits extractor can not tahan too hot of temperature. I had mine wrap but after about 2month I decided to take it off. Reason, my friends waja had done his extractor using the same brand and wrapping. Problem is just after he wrap it and test drive for 2 hour, the extractor "bocor" oredi.
We ask around others shop in sunway, all of them recommend not to use wrapping on hotbits extractor, reason the same as i mention just now.

I don't know how good the exhasut shop will do the extractor for you. My recommedation, make sure they do really good of a welding and have the thickest possible pipe available. Rm 580 sound ok for me.

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Ah bro, interested to get a new set of eibarch spring??? I had my titan on so is just laying there, if interested sell cheap cheap to you lah ( Rm 600)

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
On the wrapping things.. well, I will say this, I didn't see much of a need to wrap it up. To be honest with you, hotbits extractor can not tahan too hot of temperature. I had mine wrap but after about 2month I decided to take it off
Hey brother

So is it good to get the hotbits stainless steel? Or the normal one which not so hot?

The exhaust shop I went to is Lai Ekzos, used to have a shop at Taman Megah, now at SS2. His workmanship is good.

That day when I visited him, there's a Red Hyundai Coupe also there, wrapping his extractor which was previously done at another shop...

Ah bro, interested to get a new set of eibarch spring
Currently using H&R and are very happy about the ride and height...

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
My opinion, if the guys are worth trusty, you should use it. Don't get hotbits . Not that it is not good, but somehow I have the feeling the material that there are using are not meant for high heat. So if you see the guys doing his extractor with no problem you should try it out.

Shit this is going to hurt. Haiiiii, if others read this, I got another pieces of junk when I do my turbo. Haiiiii ;)

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
Hey brother

The reason why I need to change the extractor is because my current extractor is getting kinda loud.

Went to few shops, they checked through all the parts and connection of the exhaust system and can't find anyplace leak. Except for the catalytic convertor area where they need to open up the casing and check.

I didn't check the catalytic convertor as it would take 1 day for them to wait for the extractor to get cold before can start checking. So I would suspect the catalytic convertor leak.

Wondering anyone got this problem before?

The hotbits extractor is like so famous in M'sia where I thought it should have certain standard there. So what will happen if the extractor get heat up? Lost in power/performance? Thanks for sharing out the hotbits experience. Thanks bro..

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
Yes in deed. Once the things got too hot then you actually can see the performance loss. It losses are generally cause by too high heat and too less ventallation. It will become so obvious if you use those open -pod filter (Like mine).
Hotbits standard I guess is ok range but definately not on good range.

Regarding the noise part, usually if the cat are leaking, you will not only get a lound sound but, you will actually hear some sound similar to you putting a coil in a empty aluminium tin. Reason, inside the cat there are this big carbon filter. This carbon filter are attach to the skin of the cat. once the attachement gone, you will have the problem mention above.

If you just get a loud noise, my suspision will be on the connection betwwen pipes or the gasket between the ectractor had wear out.

Hope tha help

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
Just changed my extractor last week, at Everco Sunway. Noticed some small little crack at my original extractor.

Changing to a 4+1 extractor and can't feel any power increase. But my exhaust is very much louder now. And the CEL is always on, shall go to KahBintang to check out soon.

Wondering how to cover back the 'Hot Cover' to make it look nicer?

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
1) You wouldn't get any signal at all.
2) THe CEL light will light on due to the uncorrect location of your 2nd O2 sensor. THis can be overcome by eyither discon the light at the panel or re locate the 2nd O2 to the correct position( this take time and testing).
Hi Deep$hi+$

How do I disconnect the 2nd O2 from the panel? Really hate to see the CEL on.

Thanks
charles

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

here's the deal, i'm trickin' out my uncle's old skool beetle and i wanna get it lowered. are there any adjustables or lowering springs available for an old car like this in kch? thanx in advance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience