Hyundai Elantra nid help here......

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
hi guys,

my family own a hyundai Elantra year 93, manual, 1600cc. The engine is something similiar like VR4 or Mirage one. we plan to sell it , but go for used car shop, we kena potong like hell, trade in just 2-4k oli. feel very sayang la .

the car body still very keras and good condition. but the engine oli nid to do something on it already, as u all sudah "tua" la the car.

my dad plan to top over haul on the engine, but my brothers suggestion change engine to GSR punya lor . But,is hard to make decision becoz gsr half cut mahal gila.

just wan to ask brother,sister here for u all opinions,wat should we do on it ?

actually i plan to put in 1800cc engine, more powerfull lor .hehe ......but i nid some advice from expert in here, hope u all can teach me how to do.

thanks .....and all the best to u all ....cheerss....

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
hmm can it fit directly the gsr??? becoz if u say the engine is like vr4 or mirage, well i guess if u really want power in a cheap way, why dont take evo3 instead...rather than a gsr. because the price different a bit(if u really can find a good half cut shop), but the power differs a lot. or if u really dont want to burn a hole in ur pocket, might as well just take the vr4 it self laa....the choice is yours.

apex

Known Member
Dec 8, 2003
if u want a powerful engine..put 4g63...
or maybe u want 1.8 engine put 4g67 engine..just plug n play..
if u want to put gsr..need to adjust mounting...

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
eh bro apex, what is 4g67? dunno la tht one...

apex

Known Member
Dec 8, 2003
i dont know much about this engine...
as i know that this engine used on elantra 1.8 year 93-95(G4CN) with piston displacement 1836 cc..124hp/6000rpm..
now i used this engine...
this 'engine kosong' with installation cost me about RM1700..

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
my friends convert to VR4 N/A. cheap halfcut and good performance...my suggestion, better keep the car. no need to convert..just do top overhaul and drive as is..1.6 mirage engine manual is already good. unless your ride is Auto.

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
evo 3 halfcut how much ah ? anyone knows the price halfcut+installation to my elantra? and the recommended workshopS?
thanks .....

apex

Known Member
Dec 8, 2003
i just change my engine to vr4 NA..it cost me about 5000..includes new timing belt and clutch..

b8t_ford

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
bro apex, thanks to ur info ya.

so, how is FC and power that u feel for ur new engine now ?
and one thing i wanna to ask is when u change engine to VR4 ya, do u change together all the wiring set to vr4? or u sambung elantra wiring to vr4 engine ?
how much the engine/halfcut u buy ? where is ur location?

haha ....soli ya so much question. thanks 1st

apex

Known Member
Dec 8, 2003
i bought enjin lantai that cost me about 3700. i transplant it at my friends workshop at putra perdana puchong..i used my elantra wiring..
the problem is with the gearbox..vr4 gearbox housing didnt match my elantra gearbox mounting..so need to use back my elantra gearbox housing..
and the flywheel i use my previous 4g67 flywheel which my pomen modified its hole to be fit with my vr4 engine...put a spacer on that flywheel...thats all..
FC of course la a little bit different..its same like other 2.0 car..
performance also like 2.0 car...now i'm planning to put rear disk brake..
change front disk brake pump to GSR pump..now brake tak makan la...very dangerous..

if you want it to be a sleeper..try put vr4 rs...:biggrin:
theres someone at zerotohundred sell it for 7000..