How to remove burnt oil stains on SS exhaust extractor

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Looks like the oil stains all all gone. No problem now.

I was actually quite happy with the improvements gained by just changing this extractor. Made quite some difference.

Attachments

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hope the surface of the extractor won't change colour or turn into dull looking surface after sometime. Currently it is still shiny. More importantly, as long as it doesn't rust.
Looks like the oil stains all all gone. No problem now.

I was actually quite happy with the improvements gained by just changing this extractor. Made quite some difference.
It looks like mild steel. My piping oso that color. :driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What are the differences between mild steel and white steel?

Yeah. Now I only need top clean those engine oil remains and dirt on the exposed radiator piping under the extractor. Those are from old leaks long ago.
Should be mild steel. I was wondering what is white steel. Google and they are used to make knives.....lol:rofl:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
If rusted, throw away and install back stock one. :biggrin:
If u always check your engine bay and clean it, i think it'll last. the part that is neglected the most is the undercarriage area. the exhaust piping there is very hard to reach to clean it. even if send to car detailing, they don't do the undercarriage. need to go lorry wash shop. :smokin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If u always check your engine bay and clean it, i think it'll last. the part that is neglected the most is the undercarriage area. the exhaust piping there is very hard to reach to clean it. even if send to car detailing, they don't do the undercarriage. need to go lorry wash shop. :smokin:
Send to autodetailer they will do for you, but price different lah......lol:rofl:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Aluminised mild steel right? got grades for it oso. Stainless steel cost more and prone to cracks.
Yup, my wira had a HotBit's header. Crack here and there. After patching, it cracks at another area. In the end, changed to a new aluminised header. Looks very much like RENESIS's pic

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BEWARE IF YOU PLANNING TO GET A PERFORMANCE CAR FROM JB. The story starts...A week before Chinese New Year I've viewed a car, Nissan Skyline R30 hatchback, year 1984 in JB, very rare model with turbo S15 engine . After view the condition of the car and test drive (just sit beside), I've decided to buy the car and pay the deposit. I have asked the seller to do the arrangement to change the ownership and do the endorsement for the new engine that he has changed.

After waited for nearly 1.5...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience