How to know Rx8

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
According to Bermaz, the new facelifted RX-8 has its reliability improved as well as more compatible with local weather) than the recons (even compared with post-2006 auto models). Is this true??
Might be true... as the earlier batch of the RX-8 have a known issue with the electric power steering which will judder violently when starting the car from cold. It cost around RM5000 to replace it.

On a side note, did you know that the RX-8 was featured in this book in MPH Bookstore called 501 Must-Drive Cars?

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Just found an 03 rx-8 auto unreg at 125k, guys is it a good buy? really eager to get one before cny

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009
hey hey ... is RWD car easy lost control .. .. ? ? ? ?
RWD is more fun to drive~ If you can control it well:driver:

I got a friend bought a 4speed auto one not up to a year & sold it coz he said not enough power bro~ now he use 350z and said thumb up:vroam::vroam::vroam:

Last edited:

learning86

Known Member
Oct 9, 2004
any1 know friend/dealer ...help me easy done the downpayment hhuhuh.. ..

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Just saw the 2003 Rx-8 unit the other day but it was booked. The engine was left running by the dealer there, maybe for warming up purpose? I can feel it is sort of vibrating above normal. Is this okay?

rodcyprian

Known Member
Mar 12, 2009
new car, vibration? shouldn't be like that, it's abnormal for a quit new car!

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Yes, becos there are only 2 mountings supporting the engine n gearbox........ Unlike other cars which have 4 mountings.... Morever the car has been manufactured since 2003......

effie

Known Member
Aug 17, 2004
Shah Alam
www.rx8clubmalaysia.com
Main cause of engine mounting failure in the Rx8 is the rubber hardening (due to the high heat nature of the Rotary engine), which results in the mountings leaking fluid due to cracks in the rubber seals.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, asking for opinion.. im fresh degree graduated , planning to get a second-handed car .. budget around 80K..not from a rich family... Im craving for my dream civic , vy nice , spacious ..... but after calculate the loans ..... found out abit hard for me as a fresh graduate.. almost half of my salary gone just for my babe.. therefore i plan to downgrade, but i feel like this is not what i want .. headacheeeee, so guys share your 2cents comment.. appreciate alot :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience