How to know Rx8

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
CSL (But RX8 is not a fast car that has absolute power to win over some turbo car (including wiralution which had proper installation and modification) on a straight road. You can have fun with the car but it will go back to the same answer)

erm..i don get it leeh ,can have fun but the answer is what ? .. ..
let said , if rx8 4(A) ... can win those stock car with Bolt On turbo car ?? ??like vios/city/Myvi.. ..?

and if Bolt on turbo on rx8 , will dmg the engine ? .. .?

Any car with a BOT wont damage the engine, but it will make it 'mati' faster lah :biggrin: . Imagine if everyday you makan 1 packet of chap fan but now instead I make u makan 3 at one go. Wont die, but u more full lah. Hahaha

learning86

Known Member
Oct 9, 2004
thinking getting NA fast car .. ..
sometimes scare if TURBO car run highway like KL-Penang... engine cannot tahan / piston etc .. ..and need stop and rest ?

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Looking for a good condition 2006 rx-8, wonder anywhere is selling at a reasonable price

learning86

Known Member
Oct 9, 2004
hehehe .. ..i also looking and survey around PJ now .. ..
but i see motortrader.com.my ...alot selling is 2003 ~2005 only .. ..

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
CSL (But RX8 is not a fast car that has absolute power to win over some turbo car (including wiralution which had proper installation and modification) on a straight road. You can have fun with the car but it will go back to the same answer)

erm..i don get it leeh ,can have fun but the answer is what ? .. ..
let said , if rx8 4(A) ... can win those stock car with Bolt On turbo car ?? ??like vios/city/Myvi.. ..?

and if Bolt on turbo on rx8 , will dmg the engine ? .. .?

Sorry bro, can't help you much. All car engine also will die. Only different are when and how much cost. If you wanna look for a fun car that can share the fun with another 3 of your friends together, can get rx8 6 speed manual. Play drifting, heel toe thing. if looking for power (care about those pulling feel), then can get rx7 with auto gearbox + mod a bit (at least the power is there, especially from 120km/h go to top speed, faster). If you worry about engine and etc, just get a cooper S or Golf GTi and call it a day. Rotary engine is special and is meant for certain type of people with typical no risk no fun attitude. Plenty of people bought a rotary car and regret right after the 1st 6 months. Nothing wrong with the car but mostly because of cva history teacher just difficult to live with long hair and tattoo arm :rofl:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
thinking getting NA fast car .. ..
sometimes scare if TURBO car run highway like KL-Penang... engine cannot tahan / piston etc .. ..and need stop and rest ?
It wont break but... It wears out faster than a normal piston car :/. Rotary mah :biggrin:

You dont need to stop and rest, just get an intercooler when you get your turbo pasang-ed and it should keep your engine cool for the whole trip back and fourth. Maintain your engine (Like service it when youre suppose to, use quality oils etc etc) and it should last long also.

learning86

Known Member
Oct 9, 2004
ohhh ic ic ..
anyway . .. i just looking (A) sporty car and power .. ..
ok lets end topic turbo ..

back to the 2003 rx8 .. .. how izzit 4speed (A) , the price almost same with others sporty car like
Evo7/skyline gtt/subaru/fairlady/celica/mrs/coopers/

Last edited:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
actually a lot ppl just misunderstand rotary...its actually not tat fragile o hard 2 maintain

learning...ok...evo7 gta is not bad...gtt fails witout gtr bodykit....subaru auto?....fairlady roadtax is xpensiv....celica really underpower....mrs same like celica but cornering vr good...cooper no idea...i prefer JDM

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
But if it is not that hard to maintain or the engine easy to fail, why there are so many people disposing their rx-8s? Search at mudah or motortrader, rx-8 most of the time got the most number listed among other jdm sports car. Just wondering...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
actually a lot ppl just misunderstand rotary...its actually not tat fragile o hard 2 maintain

learning...ok...evo7 gta is not bad...gtt fails witout gtr bodykit....subaru auto?....fairlady roadtax is xpensiv....celica really underpower....mrs same like celica but cornering vr good...cooper no idea...i prefer JDM
Cooper too common and the facelifted one looks kinda well... gay :smokin:

I'd go with the Gtt :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

But if it is not that hard to maintain or the engine easy to fail, why there are so many people disposing their rx-8s? Search at mudah or motortrader, rx-8 most of the time got the most number listed among other jdm sports car. Just wondering...
Cause its EXPENSIVE to maintain, its not hard, just pay for an engine rebuild lah :biggrin:
Then of course, people who drive RX8's dont have light right foots...

Get what I mean? :rolleyes:

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Rebuild means the engine fails or spoilt??

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Its on its way out... the rotary engine tends to wear out faster then normal piston engines but im not too good in this department here haha :rofl:

Any sifu's can help?

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
the onli thing tat rotary will spoil is the apex seal...this 1 is quite common for FC and FD...for rx8,madza do a lot of RnD for the engine to run smooth,low fuel consumption and much better reliability....y sell ar...the wan faster car loh....so it depends on ur daily drive style...if u like 2 go fast boost here n there...then straight go for turbo car....y rx8 n then bot it...no point...

u c...old FC3S turbo onli has 180-200hp nia....RX8 NA got 250hp

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
let me clarify this abit more clearly.rather then "disposing" you should really understand RX-8 is one of the main cars that grey importers "dumped" into the market years before due to anticipated demand but its one of those cars that is basically oversupplied hence the "low" price that you new buyers enjoy.

Ask any "old" RX-8 owners and i bet they tell you the same story when they bought it almost brand new at premium price and saw our beautiful car depreciated so bad in the market.That my friends,doesnt mean the car is getting bad or what.

If you still doubting me,take a look at the Fairlady 350Z,my personal "rival" in this matter,Previously it was priced much higher comparo to the RX-8 per se about at least 50-70k higher right now a basic 03' unit is available at 140k or so. thats around 20-30k difference from a good 03' unit right now regardless of transmission.Compare this with the prices around 3 years ago it still hold their prices pretty high even if they are allready registered and used.

learning86,I have to say that i've seen a fair share of bolton projects on the RX-8 and mostly its a disaster because of either unluckiness/misinformed/half-baked while the one that succeeded last even up till today after years of usage.A modern age rotary isnt even comparable to the old-age rotary where the standard of the engine (the quality and the reliability of the internal/external engine parts ) are markedly improved.

That said,i've known several 70-80k plus rx-8 users that is driving the car to its teeth without problems at all.

Comparing the cars with those turbocharged rally-derived box would be logical,but impractical because they are of different "species".A Mitsubishi Evo (regardless of model 78910 pick your choice) or a Subaru STI WRX (regardless of model too) are a turbocharged 4wd saloon that will give you alot of speed-per-RM and a whole lot of fun.

But you're seeing here is a Mazda RX-8 man..a rotary 2+2 coupe,its one of the best grand-tourer born in japan.nuff said :proud:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Test drive 1st then make up your mind. The green Veilside RX7 sold already kar? :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Viper Alarms Installers - Any recommendations?

Dudes,
Anyone know a good installer for Viper Alarms? :shocked:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience