How to install a grounding cable kit - DIY style

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Good day guyz,

actually, this is a simple DIY that anybody can figure out & do it by themselves..

i post this thread out of my 'bored'ness .. hehe

so, plz bare with me :biggrin:

p/s : if u have any question/suggestion, do post it here :wink:

Things u need :

1. The Grounding Cable Kit (mine is HKS)
2. Spannar
3. Allen Key

1st Step

Disconnect your battery

I don't think this is necessary but BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY :wink:

2nd Step

Lay down the cables on top of ur engine so u can get a perfect place to put the round connector thingy :biggrin:

Please make sure your cable can reach all these things :

1. Negative terminal at ur battery
2. Alternator
3. Firewall
4. Distributor
5. Coil
6. Injector

3rd Step

Mount your round connector thingy (i really need to know what's the name :biggrin:)

4th Step

Open screw, put the cable in place & screw back at all the item listed above (it doesn't get any simpler than this :proud:)

And you're done

Don't forget to connect your battery back & test start your car :biggrin:

Happy 'DIY'ing

Gudluck :burnout:

Attachments

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
"noice" (uk accent of nice) :biggrin:

how much does it cost? (the kit)

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
i noticed that voltage reading stable and do not fluctuate too much after installing grounding cable to my car...results may vary of coz...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
New cars generally don't need GKs. Cars older than 5 years probably will yield more obvious results

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
yup.. it suppose to stabilize the voltage reading..

but i don't have any device to check it.. any1 wanna check it for me? :biggrin:

the HKS kit price is RM138 at kedai 'abang' sec19 :wink:

i saw a few cheaper ones.. but it's not as pretty as this :biggrin:

i'll post any improvements after i do more test.. hehe

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
New cars generally don't need GKs. Cars older than 5 years probably will yield more obvious results
Initially I would have thought the same too. Especially new conti/luxurious jap cars they usually have a good grounding system. However when it comes to lower range cars, I have doubts. My friend with an old iswara, after installing GD it gave obvious improvements. Not improvements in Horsepower but the voltage stability. The head lamp doesn't dim anymore when the A/C is switched on. The funniest thing is the clock shows full digit! Previously it was like broken clock only show a few strokes of a digit.

So I went to test some of the new cars, well mostly, local made cars and even my own myvi lagi best. I have installed VS in my car. Felt nothing. Since its free so I didn't bother and I believe that VS do work. Theoretically :rofl:. But whenever I turn on my AC during night drive, my head lamp will still dim a little and then back to normal. Same goes to my friends's car stock car. So I started to ponder..our cars are new..but the voltage stability is not as good as my friend's iswara with GD and even subwoofer+amp. The head lamp lights do not dim when he switch on his AC!

Or am I just being noob?:confused:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
Initially I would have thought the same too. Especially new conti/luxurious jap cars they usually have a good grounding system. However when it comes to lower range cars, I have doubts. My friend with an old iswara, after installing GD it gave obvious improvements. Not improvements in Horsepower but the voltage stability. The head lamp doesn't dim anymore when the A/C is switched on. The funniest thing is the clock shows full digit! Previously it was like broken clock only show a few strokes of a digit.

So I went to test some of the new cars, well mostly, local made cars and even my own myvi lagi best. I have installed VS in my car. Felt nothing. Since its free so I didn't bother and I believe that VS do work. Theoretically :rofl:. But whenever I turn on my AC during night drive, my head lamp will still dim a little and then back to normal. Same goes to my friends's car stock car. So I started to ponder..our cars are new..but the voltage stability is not as good as my friend's iswara with GD and even subwoofer+amp. The head lamp lights do not dim when he switch on his AC!

not noob...that is a good observation instead...that why i quote 'result may vary" :wavey:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Dude, the last thing you are is noob. We're all here to discuss anyway. Both my Myvis have no GKs and only one has a VS. Myvi with the VS is about 6 years old and the other 4 years old. The 4 year old one is the post 2007 model and the VS one is pre 2007 model. Honestly the VS has made no difference for my Myvi. But a custom made VS did result in some strange differences. I need to re-test and post it up later.

On my Wira though, the GK was the difference between dim lights and bright lights, that goes for interior too. And my wira is almost 8 years old. The VS does nothing for my Wira except extend the battery life oddly enough.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I believe VS can prolong battery life to some extend, judging by the theory of how it works. Really regret why I don't pay attention in electronics class last time. Dats why now so noob haha..btw an ordinary Grounding kits doesn't cost much anyway...will install one in my car and see how it goes keke

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
hehehehe....my grounding kit only consist thick gauge cable+ring ear connector...and some shrink tube....

i just loop from alternator body>>intake manifold>>firewall>>throttle body at tps>>distributor>>gearbox>>battery -ve terminal....

and just that....at less tham rm30 overall cost :adore:

(*my car was very old one..so just do it to compensate with old factory grounding cable that perhaps not in top condition)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
hehehehe....my grounding kit only consist thick gauge cable+ring ear connector...and some shrink tube....

i just loop from alternator body>>intake manifold>>firewall>>throttle body at tps>>distributor>>gearbox>>battery -ve terminal....

and just that....at less tham rm30 overall cost :adore:

(*my car was very old one..so just do it to compensate with old factory grounding cable that perhaps not in top condition)
yup.. the cheapest thing to do is to DIY the grounding kit as well :biggrin:

but i saw they sell a cheaper kit at RM28..

i didn't buy that bcoz i need the bling bling :rofl::rofl::rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yup.. the cheapest thing to do is to DIY the grounding kit as well :biggrin:

but i saw they sell a cheaper kit at RM28..

i didn't buy that bcoz i need the bling bling :rofl::rofl::rofl:
yeah sure the bling2 wasn't really there with DIY stuff..... :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,
I've got intention to buy a FD but know nuts about the rotery engine, anyone here with knoledge of roterys care to share a bit??:angel_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience