How to improve Receiver reception?

Slingshot

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
shah alam
Guys, need some advice.
I'm riding a Perdana V6 with its stock Clarion Head Unit. The issue is that the receiver is not getting a good reception for FM. It is really irritating, especially when i'm on the highway, or listening to my fav radio channel. How do i overcome this? I've already unplugged and reinserted the antenna plug-in at the head unit, but no improvement yet. Really appreciate all comments and ideas.

Regards.

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Hmm same problem with my player too. I never seem to get constant reception when I tune in to FM99.3 (THR Raaga). If it makes you feel any better, I drive a Perdana and my player is the standard original one too.

Wonder what else Proton has over looked ....

babybabybaby

Oct 8, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi brader, You can try to change your HU. I've some problems with my stock hu before and after changing the HU, it's way much much better reception.
You can try to get those HU with a function that can help you switch freq. while driving on the highway. Very nice... but i've forgoten that name of that function :(

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
head unit / cd player

Jutan Supplier

Known Member
Aug 27, 2007
www.facebook.com
change antenna is first 'cheaper' option to do so..

nex option will be FM booster (better for driving outstations)

last option is change the HU...

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
i checked with acc shop owner, clarion fm receiver memang sux compare to sony/pioneer these common brand... change new antenna also useless... i'm using clarion h/u too... : )

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
aiya..not only clarion....blaunkpaunt on persona/gen2 also like shit.....highway reception not clear....or on the movie....:rofl:

Jutan Supplier

Known Member
Aug 27, 2007
www.facebook.com
hmm... mine previous Clarion stock HU (year 2000 Wira 1.5) works fine... both in city and outstation...

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
old blaupunkts used to have the best radio reception, even my 2 old sonys were also better than most...

nowadays hard to say lah which brand is good in radio or not...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Carefull...this is a conman, banking money than no reply n give lots of excuse, like Kena denggi Lah, masuk hospital Lah. Otw to poslaju Lah...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience