how to check what type of extractor i have in my hatch

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
x.o,here a pic for u to understand it better.
View attachment 324408
this is call 4-1 extractor.u can see clearly that all the primary pipe r merge into 1 at the end
of the extractor.
View attachment 324409
this is call 4-2-1.the primary runner 1-4 and 2-3 r merge separately to make secondary
runner.the secondary runner is the second piece of the extractor in the pic.hope this help.

shadow2027

Aug 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hmm? how to know if it's got the right size? Does piping size..i mean the muffler makes car performance better? Coz, it's releasing away the heat right? SOrry if i'm wrong...learning :embarassed:

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
x.o,here a pic for u to understand it better.
View attachment 324408
this is call 4-1 extractor.u can see clearly that all the primary pipe r merge into 1 at the end
of the extractor.
View attachment 324409
this is call 4-2-1.the primary runner 1-4 and 2-3 r merge separately to make secondary
runner.the secondary runner is the second piece of the extractor in the pic.hope this help.
Thanks dude! i went and read the manifold extractors for more info and with your diagram i understood. =) thanks for sharing!

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
hmm? how to know if it's got the right size? Does piping size..i mean the muffler makes car performance better? Coz, it's releasing away the heat right? SOrry if i'm wrong...learning :embarassed:
i don't understand ur question bro.:hmmmm:

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
my iswara 1.3 year 2000, with carb, how to determine which type of extractor i got? Coz the carb block most of my sight...><
open yr hood and look at the extractor piping. if pipe 1-4 is connected together while pipe 2-3 is connected together and they these pipes joint into one then its a 4-2-1 extractor. If all four pipes (1 to 4) joints up to a pipe then its 4-1. Stock market want idk. Oh ya and if you cant identify when u open the hood, look under the engine. hope it helps =)

be my guess to correct me guys out thr. im still a learner myself.

Last edited:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
as i kno...normally stok proton car come with 4-2-1 extractor

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
4-1 or 4-2-1 is just the formation of the piping merging to each other... this havent take into consideration the length of ur primary and secondary pipes... the length is what makes the difference... formation is just a gimmick.... u can have vr good mid-high end rpm with 4-2-1 if all primary and secondary pipes are short... and u still have good low end torque if ur 4-1 pipe is long enough to hold sufficient back pressure....

extractor is just more than 4-1 and 4-2-1... piping length... diameter of each primary and secondary pipes as well as the design of the collector box do make alot of difference....

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
Thanks Skywalker. That post really helped. Now i shall try identify myself first. Anyway, which brand of extractors with a moderately cheap price is ideal for my 1.3 fuel injected hatch? I would like to know some options. If possible, quote the pricing as well if you do know heh thanks! =))

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Thanks Skywalker. That post really helped. Now i shall try identify myself first. Anyway, which brand of extractors with a moderately cheap price is ideal for my 1.3 fuel injected hatch? I would like to know some options. If possible, quote the pricing as well if you do know heh thanks! =))
cheap ass ones can easily get from normal exhaust shop around rm1xx... those usually have press bent pipings and its not stainless steel.... material made of piping putih....

good and reasonable extractors are from hotbits and powerzone... both are mandrel bent pipings... those cost rm4xx.... made of stainless steel...

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
cheap ass ones can easily get from normal exhaust shop around rm1xx... those usually have press bent pipings and its not stainless steel.... material made of piping putih....

good and reasonable extractors are from hotbits and powerzone... both are mandrel bent pipings... those cost rm4xx.... made of stainless steel...
Thanks skywalker for giving a contrast between stainless steel and non stainless steel.

Other than that, u did mentioned earlier about a collecter box. Could you explain further about that? how does it aid in the extractor connection to the exhausts(or the whole exhaust system). I really dont understand its function.

Thanks again for all yr advices and for the following upcoming ones heh =)

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Thanks skywalker for giving a contrast between stainless steel and non stainless steel.

Other than that, u did mentioned earlier about a collecter box. Could you explain further about that? how does it aid in the extractor connection to the exhausts(or the whole exhaust system). I really dont understand its function.

Thanks again for all yr advices and for the following upcoming ones heh =)
this type of collector box would be ideal for primary pipes merging to secondary pipes... it gives a smooth merging of exhaust pulse from each cylinder.... secondary pipes to the main downpipe preferably a short one to keep the high rpm revvy....

i think it would be clearer for u guys to read the article urself...

http://mycomputerninja.com/~jon/hondainfo/d-header/index.html

X.O

Known Member
Aug 19, 2010
Penang
this type of collector box would be ideal for primary pipes merging to secondary pipes... it gives a smooth merging of exhaust pulse from each cylinder.... secondary pipes to the main downpipe preferably a short one to keep the high rpm revvy....

i think it would be clearer for u guys to read the article urself...

http://mycomputerninja.com/~jon/hondainfo/d-header/index.html
Dont quite understand yet but i shall look into it.

Thanks anyway skywalker! You've been a great help. have a nice day =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Moving on from his long tenure as the CEO of Ferrari’s Formula One Team, Jean Todt is being replaced starting in the 2008 season by Stefano Domenicali. But Jean Todts first choice as a successor was seven times world champion, Michael Schumacher.

In an interview with a German motoring magazine, Auto Motor Und Sport, Todt said that Schumi would have been the ideal team boss, saying, “he would have been...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience