How to change your own steering wheel

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

Based on the Project Z car, we are able to do a simple step by step guide on removing your steering wheel from your car. As the current steering wheel on the car looks really ugly and not stylish, I decided to donate my own steering wheel as a guide on how do you replace your own steering wheel.

OK, here's the steering wheel we are going to swap to. It's a Nardi Limited Black edition steering wheel. It looks so much nicer than the generic steering wheel as seen above.

Here's what you need, a selection of hexagon/allen key set, that you could use to unscrew the steering wheel. Try each and every (with own estimation) hexagon/allen key to fit into the screws.

Turn counter-clockwise to loosen the screws and slowly remove the steering wheel.

Try matching the holes on the steering wheels to the steering boss kit on the car. If your car never came with the boss kit, buy one with the right size and right functions, so that you do not lose crucial functions to your car. For example, some Nissan cars with HICAS functions requires a certain boss kit in order for their HICAS system to run perfectly.

Use the hexagon/allen key to lock the steering wheel in place. Attach the connectors at the back of the horn to the wire clips provided with the boss kit. Press the horn in place and you have a perfectly aligned steering wheel!

Credits : Edison of Autosave and his employees!

Last edited:

spikyz

Known Member
Jan 9, 2006
i think its called allen key? haha i kinda blur with the alien key term.

cheers

p/s: not being a grammar nazi, just afraid that later on, someone go to DIY shop and request for alien key and get a weird stares from the shop owner. haha

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
nardi limited edition... really suits this car. superb choice

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

the red steering wheel is the original one?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In what could be mistaken for vehicle testing for their Dakar Rally machines, some older Volkswagen vehicles are driven to the ground in extremely brutal testing to check for build quality and durability.

Although the vehicles are probably from a generation or two ago, it’s interesting to note the hardcore testing techniques used on those cars. There’s a plethora of Volkswagen models being flogged to submission on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience