How the hell did the Singaporeans beat us on our homeground??!!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I know I lari topik already .. but I though Tengku Djan was one of the best Driver in Malaysia ?
Why the hell is he in the last rank ?
He is still human, there are times where we are on top form and off form.

I believe zth tta record still belongs to a msian although he was on full slicks..

I do agree that we have loads to improve and i believe our guys have it in em to do just that. It is indeed a game where money is the determining factor. We have talented drivers but i guess.. just need to find the right machine to pair it up with..

It would be nice to see a msian flag at the top again :)
He is 1st in his category bro.. Like i said earlier, a man is only as fast as his machine allows him to even for the best drivers out there. Try putting him in the r35 or subaru frm sg ;)
You got a point if it was a powerful machine then Tengku Djan MIGHT win.

But not solely because of the machine they choose to drive alone.
On track is more on skills and experience.

But it has proven many times is not the car u drive, is how u drive it.

BMW M3 is a very potential car itself. Give a nut a R35 and he will still get last.
Is all about getting the car into right setting.

What the difference of having a Subaru from SG and Subaru from Malaysia? Is not where the car
is from bro. Modifications be it from Singapore or Malaysia, is just depends on how you mod it.

If machine is everything, I don't see a reason why the Mclaren MP4-12C got a slower time
than most of the machines out there.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Bottom line is this, they won. So leave it at that, quit making excuses about money and machine. Really look like a sore loser with a stick up your ass.

Wigan won the FA Cup against Manchester City, despite having less money and players who are not as highly ranked. So? They won. Blaming the money and machine, might as well don't participate.

In every sport it is the same, its called sportsmanship, go look it up.

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
The only person who seems to get it here is Ixeo.

If 1 of the podium finishers were Singaporean, there fair enough...perhaps it was his lucky day.

BUT all 3 top times were Singaporeans! PLUS our top runners were previous winners/contenders.

Only a fool will say that they won because of their machines.

Racing is all about development, setup and preparation.

To me it is very simple, Malaysian teams do not have a sound technical know how (bar perhaps R3) in race car development. We just follow the general rule of thumb without really understanding the reasons for doing so. I do not even pretend to understand the dark arts of setting up a race car. E.g. Is -3.5 camber really necessary in Sepang and how much camber is too much....how does it affect your braking into turn 1? Does it allow for a balance in the switch up between turns 5 and 6? How do I setup the braking and accelerating ratios in my front or rear LSD?

The problem is workshop and race teams here just do things with little understanding on what is being done. Take corner weighting for instance. This setup is almost magical if done right. Here in Malaysia its just a fad, ppl do it without even knowing what is done and how it may affect their altered suspension geometry (cos adjustables mah!). Just send and do.

Roll cage...got means good....but no idea how many point...why need buttress....just do only. more points means better cos stiff mah!!!

ALL NONSENSE thats what you get here.

You can put 500k into a 1200bhp GTR and still not win...even with Tengku Djan driving. WHY? Cos it probably isn't even close to 1000bhp (But Malaysian dyno always optimistic, cos malaysia boleh mah!), suspension must be OHLINS because Mc watever say this is the best ma!, Tyres....must be pimp RAYS wheels la.... BEST and most expensive of everything la BUT still lose...cos the setup nearly made Djan cry, power was there but for 800rpm range only....lag like F&*K even though Tomei/AMS/whatever block was in there. 1200bhp sure! But useless 1200bhp.

Point is...We are never going to be competitive because we ALWAYS blame other people/factors than ourselves. Criticism is viewed as rude, typically like 2 persons here. Move out of this country la, Why don't you do it and show us?...all this typical Malaysian shitty responses.

First of all, where and how I live is my prerogative, not yours.
Second, who are you that I need to prove anything to you? You're just another worthless 2 day old shit.

Get serious about racing for a change or go back to playing your Made-in-China LED daytime running lights.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
aiyoh please dude..just STFU and wait for the next TTA then only conclude all the condemnation on many parties. You started this thread by saying shits and now when people tells you what's in their mind, you become very defensive and ridiculously abusive.

Perhaps next time when you start a thread, PLEASE STATE DOWN WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PIN POINT AND WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO HEAR/READ.

I personally think that this thread has no purpose if none of the participants here arent TTA participant. Wait for the next TTA and see the results. If foreign teams win by a margin again, then ok our local teams have a lot of shits to do. If our local teams win, then you'll have a lot of shits to digest. No point arguing lol

You win or lose in a fair game, you have only yourself to blame. Other people win or lose, none of your business to blame. Peace and out. Weeeeee ~

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Potential Malaysian race-winners race in the British F3, Formula BMW, GP2, Super Taikyu Endurance, S1K, MME.

If we don't have world class racing circuit, we will probably focus 100% on straight line drag racing - much like the Thais.

Or on time attack events.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Harimau muda vs Singapore Lion.

Malaysia population is more, thus we should have more talented persons by chance. Malaysia has more football field and stadiums. Malaysia has more Padang where small kids can train their skills.

But why Malaysia still lose sometimes?

DUDE!!!! This is sport!! Strategy, investment, testing, driver, team management, etc etc bla bla bla affects the outcome. Not that we have more tracks we can win!

And why am I replyinggggg?? Dafuq I just read??? No eye see~
This one I can answer bro.

Singapore population is actually, more than Malaysia. It includes the Singaporean-territory of Serbia, Bosnia, Nigeria, China and England.

In fact, no local Singaporean of ethnic Chinese played for their national team.

:proud::proud::proud:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
wow! football fans huh? hehe

But malaysia has more stadiums and football fields..we should own them what...haha
Well it all depends on management alone. Singapore is indeed good in sourcing its citizens as players around the globe.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

But malaysia has more stadiums and football fields..we should own them what...haha
Well it all depends on management alone. Singapore is indeed good in sourcing its citizens as players around the globe.
Malaysia also ok what. We source Indonesians, Banglas, Nepalese, etc.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia also ok what. We source Indonesians, Banglas, Nepalese, etc.
That is for internal competition...for external competition, we are lucky to still have genuine malaysians to represent us

oh ya, you left out Filipinos. Cant categorize them in "etc" as they are becoming a majority in certain states.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Management is the key word.
Aiyah, if the gov never change, the system will never change.
BIASED! LAZY! UNMOTIVATED!
Talk about sports in Malaysia, I wanna :bawling: i tell you.
Our sports education should start when we are in primary school.
If you think you are good at sports, better go those school that focuses on sports,
Taman Sea(:adore:), Catholik, Pudu, at least in MSSS la.
IMO, every school need a experienced and determined sports person.
If not, we can't churn out good athletes/sportsman in Malaysia,
Bukit Jalil is too limited.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I won't whine but I would be glad to try on taking these SG timing, sadly...I have no fast car or got sponsor....anyone got lubang to get me in as a driver for a team? I'm no professional racer but would want to try....

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Although it's somewhat hinting the sensitive side of country vs country bashing, some of us should put aside racist thoughts and take a step back to understand the point the threadstarter is trying to make.

I would have to say that a lot of faster drivers just didn't bother to participate this time around as it's more like a traffic jam than a proper time attack event which they limit the amount of car per heat and not just throwing in 40 competitors in a 30 minute run and call it a "time attack"
No offense but that's like saying the participants in the recent rounds are uncompetitive? Have you seen Malaysia's current time attack scene? These participants are not there for a track day but a goal to set their personal best in cars of a specific class.

a lot of faster drivers just didn't bother to participate this time around
I believe this discussion is about the results in the recent Round 1. To say "a lot of faster drivers just didn't bother to participate" is immature. That's like saying, "aiya, they win because xxx didn't join ma"

Why don't you look at the list again? Don't the list contain some of the more recognized drivers we have in Malaysia? Some of them are idols to certain people in fact.

Firstly, let's talk within the boundaries of the results in Round 1 instead of coming up with imaginative figures no one can argue about. Secondly, this is a time attack with various classes and car types. Are you saying if there's a Malaysian Sebastian Vettel, he would have represented Malaysia and conquered the charts? Would you know which car with what power figures, tyres, aero setup he would be driving in and in which class? You should know this is not a single car cup race. Or is it even a race at all.

Time Attack is not only about the Driver or only about the Car. It's a combination of both and the talents they posses. Talents for drivers being experience and art of driving and talents for cars being power, handling and nowadays, aerodynamics.

more like a traffic jam than a proper time attack event which they limit the amount of car per heat and not just throwing in 40 competitors in a 30 minute run and call it a "time attack"
Have you seen the on-board videos by the participants? Most of the time, the cars are well spaced-out. Even in F1 Qualifying, you have other cars on the circuit while Vettel is doing his hotlap. Are you expecting a time attack event with only handful of cars? would that mean that it is a proper time attack event? where is the fun in that?

No disrespect but you should take more into account before making such accusations about TIMETOATTACK. Loyal TTA participants who take great effort to prep their cars and time to make it to our events are there to do their best, exchange knowledge, compare and have fun with old and new peers. Certainly not to be the ONLY particpant there to have no "traffic jam" to be happy. It would be inharmonious if it is limited to a small number of participants. This is a circuit event mind you, not a closed club event.

We are always in a constant battle as organizers to keep everyone happy. It is the 8th TIMETOATTACK round so far and we have learnt a lot and made many changes, constantly tweaking to run like clockwork. This recent round 1 has been our smoothest ever round so far and we are proud to see more smiling faces from the participants during the event.