how far 1.6 can rev?

qimme

Known Member
Jun 27, 2007
guys, i wanna ask u... how far a wira standard 1.6 can rev the RPM using OEM speedometer??

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
6800 rpm for manual and 6200 rpm for auto and it will cut off.....

qimme

Known Member
Jun 27, 2007
6800 rpm for manual and 6200 rpm for auto and it will cut off.....
but someone have post me this....

(haha... you really in a big trouble...
wira can rev to more than 8,000rpm although it is only 8,000rpm...
beside, if your car are stock and you are still using the stock speedometer...
even your speedometer hit the max, your rpm won't use up(for all those normal car *exclude sports and super car)...
at least will remain +1,000-rpm...
beside, if you are using the stock speedometer...)

is it posibble???

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
but someone have post me this....

(haha... you really in a big trouble...
wira can rev to more than 8,000rpm although it is only 8,000rpm...
beside, if your car are stock and you are still using the stock speedometer...
even your speedometer hit the max, your rpm won't use up(for all those normal car *exclude sports and super car)...
at least will remain +1,000-rpm...
beside, if you are using the stock speedometer...)

is it posibble???
see what engine... if carburetor engine, it has no rev cut... means u can rev it up as high as u want, by the laws of physics until ur engine explode... remember, the redlines at ur tachometer means something... they dont jz put there for fun... revving below the redline (6.5k) maintains reliability and durability of ur engine...

in other hand if fuel injection engine, the ecu limits ur rev (hence its called rev cut) so u wont overrev and kill ur engine...

yes, most stock standard engine does not has sufficient power to rev till redline at fifth (top) gear.... but this is not alwiz true and not just applies to sports car... many things have to consider when u play top speed... engine horsepower output, gearbox ratio, final drive ratio, wheel diameter, drag coefficient, rolling resistance, etc...

qimme

Known Member
Jun 27, 2007
see what engine... if carburetor engine, it has no rev cut... means u can rev it up as high as u want, by the laws of physics until ur engine explode... remember, the redlines at ur tachometer means something... they dont jz put there for fun... revving below the redline (6.5k) maintains reliability and durability of ur engine...

in other hand if fuel injection engine, the ecu limits ur rev (hence its called rev cut) so u wont overrev and kill ur engine...

yes, most stock standard engine does not has sufficient power to rev till redline at fifth (top) gear.... but this is not alwiz true and not just applies to sports car... many things have to consider when u play top speed... engine horsepower output, gearbox ratio, final drive ratio, wheel diameter, drag coefficient, rolling resistance, etc...
i see.. tq for all... but i rev to 6.5k n my top 170km/h... can u tell me what wrong?? have modify from auto to manual using 1.5 tranny.. i using 1.6 engine.. all the pickup i need is there.. but i need top a lil but... so what i need to do to gain more top???

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
1. gain hp via cam, pnp head, 4 throttle, 4g93 block swap etc. etc.
2. playing around with gear ratio via final drive swap for more top end

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i see.. tq for all... but i rev to 6.5k n my top 170km/h... can u tell me what wrong?? have modify from auto to manual using 1.5 tranny.. i using 1.6 engine.. all the pickup i need is there.. but i need top a lil but... so what i need to do to gain more top???
- clutch slip
- messed up tuning
- faulty tachometer?
- lightened flywheel??

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
hmm..all your pick up is there? i see..is it, engine rasa kuat or pegi rasa cepat? from user manual, u will reach 0 - 100km/h in 12.4 seconds, compare to 1.5 engine which is 12.1 seconds..if your engine stock, just the gbox been change, try drag race a standard 1.5 wira..if u win, confirm your flywheel is lightened..standard 1.6 got top speed of about 190km/h from user manual..meaning from mid to hi better than 1.5..contributed by the heavy flywheel..but at low rpm 1.6 engine supposed to feel underpower/soft a bit..

btw, i also been playing with the distributor..(u didn't state it runs on what ecu, so i just guessing) from my experience, if too advance (but still below engine knocking range) less top speed, but better torque..this factor can also contribute to engine rasa kuat..but pergi rasa cepat wise suffer a bit resulting less top speed..if to retard (but above knocking range) no top speed and no engine rasa kuat feel..too advance and too retard is easy to know, the fuel gauge drops like crazy when accelerating hard..but for too retard also got one symptom, the exhaust sounded like rally car when rapid release of accelerator pedal..(the sound that u can see fire out of the exhaust) and also, u need to rev the engine harder to get the power needed to move and accelerate..resulting higher rpm a bit..when i set my distributor a bit retard, i got 100km/h at 3200rpm compare to now which is 100km/h at 3000rpm

errr..6.5krpm only got 170km/h? didn't notice this one..go check the meter, then all the sensors..if u can explain more about how the car feel when u drive, maybe the sifus here can help..

p/s : emmm..auto gbox for 1.6 is controlled by ecu (it have transmission control unit) right? from what i understand 1.5 auto cannot fit 1.6 auto gbox due to this reason..meaning it is not as simple as changing a 1.5 auto gbox to manual which is just like plug and play because it's mechanically control..try asked the mech back if the transmission control unit has been disable, or can be disable or need to change the ecu to manual ecu..

Last edited:

afmarsyal

Known Member
Nov 20, 2008
aiyah..1.5 tranny ka? didn't see this coming oso..170km/h is about right la..if want more top, try supertouring flywheel..this is for 1.8 mitubishi galant supertouring..super heavy compare to 1.5 flywheel..and one more thing, don't skim it..use it as per it is..gud luck

DonJuanDeMarco

Known Member
May 10, 2007
your roker arm very small..it can not take more than 7500rpm..
change to DOHC for better performance..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
aiyah..1.5 tranny ka? didn't see this coming oso..170km/h is about right la..if want more top, try supertouring flywheel..this is for 1.8 mitubishi galant supertouring..super heavy compare to 1.5 flywheel..and one more thing, don't skim it..use it as per it is..gud luck
why dont skim it??

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
ill stick with heavier = harder to spin theory, so same question here as sky

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have just change my battery and after changing my battery..my RPM dropn to 400 when the car is idle and the whole car vibrate like crazy..before i change the battery my car RPM is around 800 plus....what happen to my car..izzit that when i change battery my ECU tend to reset it self? so do i need to reset or DYNO my car?by the way..i am driving a kelisa..so anyone can help me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience