Hot!!! ICE and HOME hybrid system!

GTR

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2005
KL and Penang
www.strombergpowerbooster.com
Hi all,
i am just finish doing experiment on installing the car subwoofer into the home sound system. it is works. the bass is superb and u can save a lot of $.

here is how i do it:-
Vmag home amplifier RM299 (with karaoke mode, echo and mic volume controller)
2 pcs of home front speakers RM315
2 pcs of car Dynaquest 12" double voice coil subwoofers with box RM900
RCA and power cables RM100

so total is RM 1614 only.

result:-
my shop turns to become like disco. the bass is superb almost whole shopping complex can hear it very clear when i pump it. and many ppl come to my shop just to look at it. i pump it in 1 hr without stop oso no problem at all. the amp is not very hot. maybe here got air cond so the amp is always cool.

you guys are welcome to visit my shop to listen to it too.

the home 12" JBL subwoofers cost u RM1800. the power lose a lot to this dynaquest. bkos dynaquest is running at 4 Ohm while home sub woofer are running at 8 Ohm. dynaquest is double voice coil while that JBL is only single.

next project i will bring in 2 pcs of 15" American Autocraft subwoofers double voicecoil and double magnet. i will let u all know the result.
next next project will be 4 american autocraft 15" subwoofers double voice coils double magnets, 3 Vmag amp, 1 car preamp and 2 front speakers.

below is the setup i done:-

Regards,
GTR

Last edited:

GTR

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2005
KL and Penang
this is my next project
:-

American Autocraft 15" subwoofer with double voice coil double magnet. it will cost me RM1000 per piece.
in the future, i might try 8 pcs of this 15" subwoofers, 5 pcs of Vmag amplifiers, 1 preamp and 8 pcs of front speakers. hope the shopping complex management dun mind i do this here...

GTR

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2005
KL and Penang
this 15" Lightning double voice coil double magnet RM2000 per pc. i cant afford. and i dun think the Vmag amplifier can support. maybe must get the Kenwood amp RM2000 to pump it. the kenwood amplifier is 180watt RMS per channel. very powerful.
anyway, the Vmag amplifer is 80watt RMS per channel at price RM265 only...

picture of this 15" lightning:-

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
i always wanted to try taht but I blew my hifi the last time I hooked my sub to it....now I got an amp Im afraid of trying it....btw is the sub is 4ohm right....no prob on playing it on your home sound system? cuz if im not mistaken speakers gotta be 8ohm for home theater....btw nice set up!

GTR

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2005
KL and Penang
yes, home is 8 ohm while that woofers are 4 ohm.

hmm.. for ur info, mini-hifi is design ngam ngam ho for its front speakers only. if u hook into the 4 ohm high performance woofers, confirm will burn

but if u get an amplifier, then this case very hard to happen bkos home amplifier is running on AC and it is design to pump active and pasive woofers and many front speakers at 1 time. now all amp have a fuse inside, if the output power is too overloaded, the amp will cut automatically to prevent itself from burn.
my home amplifier is a lousy and cheap brand (made in china), but so far no problem at all.

may i know wat amp? how much u bot it? mind share share? it will be "rock" if it works in ur house.
just imagin my ceilings and glasses keep shaking when i pump it.

the player? haha! i just hook the amp with my computer using Wireworld RCA cable. so, i play all trance and house songs downloaded from internet. damn siok. my computer is using build in sound chip only. winamp player.

Last edited:

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
hey dude im running the same thing~!! im play mostly trance and house on my amp wired to my soundcard AudigyII ZS love the sound effect of the deep bass especially those live sessions...well Im using a JVC amp with DTS,Dolby pro logic II 5.1...wanted to get the one with THX but all 1.5k+=(

well right now I have 2 philips mid speakers with 2 big aiwa speakers for front..those can really pump bass but nothing compared to a sub....if u were wondering yea i got those 4 speakers from old hifi's i blew lolx=p

the thing is i only have one input for the sub....how do i use rca to connect it to the sub?....can share with me how did u do it?....did u use 2 to 1 and connect it straight to the sub box? always thought of that last time till I blew my hifi set...sent for repair...this is wat i got..."xleh repair la bang sbab dier punyer board dah bakar.." show me half of the board 'hangus' =.=" and that was it no more stupid experiments lol:tongue:

GTR

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2005
KL and Penang
hi,
so sorry to hear that.

ok, i tell u how i did that.

1. i did not use any rca cable to connect from the amp to that sub woofers.
2. i share the signal cable each sub woofer with front speaker.
3. no need to connect anything with the sub output in the amp.

regards,
GTR

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
thx for the info dude but I still dont understand the part where

2. i share the signal cable each sub woofer with front speaker.

how did u do that?

sorry ayam a noob

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
+ & - to my amp....but the thing is...the sub woofer output has only one lubang....did u connect yours to "Front Speakers" or u sambung postitive and negative and cucuk to the one hole for "Subwoofer Out"? ayam cuntfuzed:frown:

ryucky81

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
johore
Shanashi said:
+ & - to my amp....but the thing is...the sub woofer output has only one lubang....did u connect yours to "Front Speakers" or u sambung postitive and negative and cucuk to the one hole for "Subwoofer Out"? ayam cuntfuzed:frown:
if u mean u using the sub pre out from the amp, then u need a active sub liao.(subwoofer pre out from amp to active sub input.) :biggrin:

ryucky81

Known Member
Jun 1, 2005
johore
GTR said:
i did not use the sub woofer output on the amp at all.

i share each output for front speakes with my sub woofer.

the sub woofer input is oso + & -

there is no RCA input for the sub woofer
hi bro.

urs is av amp kah? quite interest leh. :biggrin: any idea where can get from JB har?

thanks and regards :tee:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have u ever spotted a ZTH (ZeroToHundred) car on the road...with our very own zth sticker...

1) Found one blue wira with intercooler...zth sticker on the rear top mirror...near SS15 roundabout...

how bout u guys...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience