Hood scoops...good or bad?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap yeap.... good idea there.... there is even some supra modded their headlamp to channel cool air into the engine bay while still able to use their headlamp....

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
sorry guys.. just got back from pulau perhentian .. my 7 days holiday..

i post my HOOD soon!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
mrbear said:
sorry guys.. just got back from pulau perhentian .. my 7 days holiday..

i post my HOOD soon!
quick quick.... we vr eager to see...
i wanna see the internal part also where u claim that water does not sip through to ur engine bay.....

thx thx...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
then, extra water shall be channeled to top-up the windscreen washer reservoir.

Kheng!!

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
what would you guys suggest if i want to get rid of the hot air around the extractor? i visit my mech who fix my aircond, he say the engine bay is a tad too hot, because the engine is now bigger, and my radiator/condensor is stacked together one, so all hot air ram in from in front is actually very very hot as well.

i was thinking of a scoop like scooby on top of the extractor, but to make it so the water won't drop to the pipings, so i wanna ask for you guy's opinion. my exhaust manifold is on the left side of the enigne bay, KE70.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
rollakid , to simplify ur post ... What u wanna do is keep the extractor's heat away ?

If that is so, u can thermal wrap it... works great. :regular_smile:

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
my hood!

guys. as i promised! my hood pic's .. enjoy!!! :shades_smile:

front look

closer look

closer look

behind look

behind look

spray direct water

spray direct water

engine bay after water spray

engine bay after water spray

comments appriciated :shocked:

Last edited:

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
got 1 comment.....
clean engine bay and shinny waxy car..........

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Mrbear,

Strangely the engine appear to be dry. Where the water go after the bonnet being hosed??

Did u use Pampers?? LOL

btw, is that bonet comes in whole piece or just added a scoop over ori bonnet? is there a pic showing the bonnet underneath, in relation to the underlying "bone" of the bonnet?

thanks!

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
b00n said:
got 1 comment.....
clean engine bay and shinny waxy car..........

* thankx bro. i always clean my engine bay..

* bout shiny waxy car.. that pic was taken after 7 days in garage. (just came back from holiday).. black car hard 2 take care.. full of dust.. (camera effect only)!!

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
ken yeang said:
Mrbear,

Strangely the engine appear to be dry. Where the water go after the bonnet being hosed??

Did u use Pampers?? LOL

btw, is that bonet comes in whole piece or just added a scoop over ori bonnet? is there a pic showing the bonnet underneath, in relation to the underlying "bone" of the bonnet?

thanks!
* the water flows to the radiator (in front of radiator) not behind .. (might be flows behind) but wat i can see the water flows in front of the radiator (near front radiator n also bumper)

* the bonet does not come 1pc .. the hood has been cut to fit the custom made vents. (fiber).. it does not come 1pc.. it has been custom made. cut,paste,moulding,fiber,cement n etc2..

* ouh i forgot to take underneath pic. to show the "base" for the hood vents. (i post 2morow) now already dark.. cannot c ..

Last edited:

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
rollakid said:
won't the header crack if we wrap it?
it depends on what material the extractor is.....
I forgot already which one would crack...
but mine is thermal wrapped.....no cracked yet and it's like 2 years old. Got it 2nd hand, in my car for around 10 months, previously in a friend's car. No leaking yet

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Challenge:

The paint looked great from a distance, but on close inspection it was covered in light swirling, surface oxidation and a coating of tree-sap and diesel. The good news was that the Honda paint was tough as old boots. This was also the bad news :-)

[/IMG]

For years we've been 'polishing' our cars in the time-honored British fashion with Autoglym, plenty of elbow-grease and lots of cotton toweling. Most of our cars...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience