HONDATA S300 used price..???

goldenegg

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
hey guys,, juz curious here wat is the actual price for HONDATA S300 brand new and used.. is that any big different?? thanks.. :confused::smokin:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i got quoted for a new one inclusive of tuning... but excluding dyno... approx 3.3k... hondata itself will set u back about 2.8-3k... somewhere within that region.

used one.. i have no idea.

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
bro,
tuning on dyno n tuning on the road which one is better??
by using hondata s300....

goldenegg

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
tuning on the road wud be better i think.. many otai prefer that..

bornzreign

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
tuning on the road wud be better i think.. many otai prefer that..
on the road, but tiresome..need to spend a frickin hours to get what u want..
but again, it all depends on ur tuner..and money talk..and bullshit walks..now im starting to babble..huhuh:smokin:

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
Hmm got some info,
some of my fren live in spore want to sold their s300...
if i'm not mistaken around 700sg...
for getting the tuner is small prob..
jb can kl can... hehe

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
x 2.36....
jst got from my fren.. 850sg (hondata + ecu)

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Tuning wise, I say dyno and on road tuning both is the best method to tune.

On the dyno, you can tune the higher rpm ranges, because you can hold a specific RPM at a certain gear for a longer period of time, and experiment with various fuel ratio and ignition for maximum power possible.

On road tuning, can tune lower end. Usually doing on road will reveal mapping holes that cannot be seen on dyno, due to different loads present on real life situations. Some parts of the map are not used when on the dyno, so are extrapolated (calculated/guessed). When on the road, the extreme ranges of the map, usually on the corners, are used, unlike on the dyno, which only uses a specific range of cells.

So for me, although I do tune on the road, I'd still get the car strapped on the dyno for peak power tuning.

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
if u know how to hold ur pedal when running dyno, it shud be able to tune all rpm range.. at any cell...
that's the thing, with honda ECU, TPS is also a factor in tuning, that's why simply whacking half throttle don't work, because at below 80% TPS, the ECU applies correction, and that is why you can't get repeatable AFR readings. If you whack 100% throttle, you can repeat the AFR readout, but you won't get it to reach certain cells.

On the road, to get those cells also sometimes quite difficult on full throttle. usually have to find an uphill to test.

Also, IAT/ECT temp vs. ignition compensation is also more realistic on the road. Actually I do wonder why some japanese tuners insist on running the cars they tune on the road, so I asked one, and he said (and my japanese understanding is horrible, so not 100%) something about on road condition is not same with dyno.

Thinking about it, it's true in a way, because the blower fan cannot replicate real life situations. I do notice sometimes there are lean spikes on some cars that got tuned on the dyno. They're not necessarily critical, but it shows that dyno's do miss things.

There's also variable load dyno that can address the above shortcomings, but in the end, the dyno room is still an 'artificial' environment.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need feedback from those who lowered their car's spring before. I want to know usually how much ppl lower? 1 inch? 2 inches?
I'm driving a NeoCps, the original ground clearance is very high but it looks uncool. Saw many Neo's that lowered their height, looks much better. But I don't want to lower it too much that I have to go over bumbs very very slowly..... Just wanna to make it look nicer. :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

Those that lowered you car's height before please feel free to give...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience