Honda Service Rip Off?

alpina

Apr 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My friend sent her 2009 Jazz to USJ1 Honda for a 40000kms service, they told her that at 40000kms, they have to clean the throttle body @ rm288, and they have to clean all the injectors for rm168, although it is not in the service booklet. I have never heard of such a thing from any of the other manufacturers. Is Honda so high tech now that they have to have this done? Anyone in this forum heard of this or had their car done?

hellshock2

Feb 25, 2007
Service of throttle body and Injectors at 40,000km is not normal. Unless the car is in really bad shape, not taken cared, very dirty air filters and dirty petrol tank/fuel filter, which is quite unusual ...

cy4n1d3

Aug 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
Injector service is not necessary at 40000km. Service throttle body can be done at outside shop for only 50 bucks. And it is done only when your idling has problems.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Skip the throttle body service and injector cleaning. Because injector cleaning may do more harm than good because we never know just what kind of chemicals are used to clean the injectors. And let's be honest, the mechanic won't have time to remove the injectors, put it on a test bank and do a before and after cleaning test. He would probably just pour the chemical into the petrol tank and let it clean them.
Besides, I don't see any other manufacturer doing injector cleaning unless there's a problem with the engine.

leachuan

Known Member
Jan 6, 2007
Klang
Unless you have idling RPM issue. Otherwise, no need to perform all those cleaning :)

alpina

Apr 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The car has been fully serviced on time by them from day one and is in perfect condition. No problems with idling nor any engine issues. I cant help but to think that these buggers are out to make a quick buck. Becareful of these buggers, I will certainly not let her take her car there anymore. I am wondering if Honda knows about this scam by their dealers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now, I know it's not recommended to wax your car if it just came out from a paintjob.

But I'm just curious, does thia apply to cars that have been baked or just those painted in a garage?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience