Honda Radiator coolant on the floor

ianbr26

Jun 19, 2011
JB
As the title, I found the coolant on my house floor two times in two weeks. First time, it happened last week Tuesday or Wednesday. Then on Monday this week, it happened again.

On both nights, I parked my car at the porch and found the coolant on the floor next morning. I looked high and low for leaks. no leaks. Then, I thought to myself. If there is a leak surely I can see the coolant dripping. but in my case, no. The water level in radiator also would drop drastically and cause overheating.

I did not do anything new except for servicing my car. this started happening only after the service. apart from that, I changed my driving style lately. I drive very slowly and no more high revs. I am mentioning this because these are the only changes recently. I know these may not be the cause but just thought of mentioning.

My car is using a B20 Vtec engine. The radiator hoses are more to the driver's side. But the coolant is on the passenger's side on both occasions.

So, that's what I can figure out. Can you help me find out what's the cause and so on?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Have a check at your water pump

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
There might be a leak at your radiator top. The leak only happens when the radiator is hot and under pressure.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
the location of overflow-spare tank??

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
If u say it's on the passenger's side, then it might be the water pump. For Honda's there's nothing that has anything to do with your coolant on the driver's side except the water pump. Check your water pump. It could be that. It can't be the hoses or the spare tank because those are on the right side of the car unless TS did any modification to that. But afaik, those are always on the right side.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If you don't see any leak when engine is cold, probably it leaks under pressure when engine is hot. So check when engine is hot.
Either that or take to mechanic and use the radiator pressure pump. Pump up the pressure in the radiator then check for leaks...

ianbr26

Jun 19, 2011
JB
i sent my car to check. no leaks anywhere. foreman checked everywhere including the water pump but he checked just to see if there is any traces of water. He could not find any traces of water or leakage. So he said not enough water/coolant. He released some coolant from the radiator hose. then poured 1.5L coolant and some water into the radiator and into the reserve tank. then he charged me RM30. I paid, I left. Then the night after that when I left for work, my wife called me and said there is coolant on the floor again.

Please advice. I wanna know how much is the price of a water pump B20 new and used if you guys know. For peace of mind, I might just want to change the water pump eventhough I am not sure what's the problem or do u suggest me to wait and see first.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i sent my car to check. no leaks anywhere. foreman checked everywhere including the water pump but he checked just to see if there is any traces of water. He could not find any traces of water or leakage. So he said not enough water/coolant. He released some coolant from the radiator hose. then poured 1.5L coolant and some water into the radiator and into the reserve tank. then he charged me RM30. I paid, I left. Then the night after that when I left for work, my wife called me and said there is coolant on the floor again.

Please advice. I wanna know how much is the price of a water pump B20 new and used if you guys know. For peace of mind, I might just want to change the water pump eventhough I am not sure what's the problem or do u suggest me to wait and see first.
I suggest you change your mechanic first then.....:smokin:

ianbr26

Jun 19, 2011
JB
yes, that's what I am thinking of doing now. Anyone knows a good foreman in JB? somebody who is willing to find the problem, confirm it is it and then only suggest to change parts? and the price must be reasonable. I am worried now.

ianbr26

Jun 19, 2011
JB
I have checked from where the leak is. It doesn't look like its from the water pump area. It's more to the front. I think it's the radiator. I can't see properly because it's under the car. Will have to jack up my car to see. I will do it later. But just out of curiosity is there anything else that is at the front and near the radiator that can leak?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I have checked from where the leak is. It doesn't look like its from the water pump area. It's more to the front. I think it's the radiator. I can't see properly because it's under the car. Will have to jack up my car to see. I will do it later. But just out of curiosity is there anything else that is at the front and near the radiator that can leak?
-loose hose clip

-cracked hose

-leaking radiator (cracked plastic top/bottom cover)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can be drain plug and/or the radiator itself, means leaking at the fins.

Did the foreman you went to use the pressure tester?
Something like this

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any titan adjustable coilover user here? especially Gen2 installed titan.

Titan Suspention Address:
No38, jalan Mewah 3/3,Tmn Perindustrian Hata, Pandan Mewah, 68000 Ampang Selangor
03-42979878
013-3506561
Looking for Richard How
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience