Honda Jazz Gk5 gearbox

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
My car are all using Valvoline product since my last car is using and I feel happy with it.
For this Jazz I had made a service by using Valvoline fully sync cvt/ 5-30w fully sync.
Iet's just hope is just a modern cvt issue jerking :burnout::burnout:
for ATF, its not about the brand but the type of ATF ( Dexron I,II,III, Renaultmatic D3). there are plenty of them and using the wrong type will almost guarantee gb failure.

Anyway driving a cvt is not the same as driving normal torque converte autobox. I havent exp cvt with torque converter so camt comment on that. If u can test another similar jazz then u can see if its a normal situation.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My car are all using Valvoline product since my last car is using and I feel happy with it.
For this Jazz I had made a service by using Valvoline fully sync cvt/ 5-30w fully sync.
Iet's just hope is just a modern cvt issue jerking :burnout::burnout:
Honda CVT oils if not mistaken is HCF-2 or something like that - not all CVT oils are the same. Nissans one is NS2/NS3 which is not compatible with the Honda CVT oil apparently. So better double check to see if your Valvoline is Honda compatible. I can't remember the type of CVT oil Honda uses and I'm too lazy to google.

Last time when I had a Sylphy, I tried going with the Pennzoil universal gear oil that was supposedly NS2 compatible (Nissan CVT). After using it for a short while I found the gb struggling a lot and felt heavier than normal. Turns out the "fully syn" universal gear oil didn't really work that well in my old Sylphy. End up I dumped the oil and after swapping back to NS2, it worked great again. Expensive lesson to learn.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Honda CVT oils if not mistaken is HCF-2 or something like that - not all CVT oils are the same. Nissans one is NS2/NS3 which is not compatible with the Honda CVT oil apparently. So better double check to see if your Valvoline is Honda compatible. I can't remember the type of CVT oil Honda uses and I'm too lazy to google.

Last time when I had a Sylphy, I tried going with the Pennzoil universal gear oil that was supposedly NS2 compatible (Nissan CVT). After using it for a short while I found the gb struggling a lot and felt heavier than normal. Turns out the "fully syn" universal gear oil didn't really work that well in my old Sylphy. End up I dumped the oil and after swapping back to NS2, it worked great again. Expensive lesson to learn.
hmmmm...... Lucky the Pennzoil Multi Vehicle ATF works for my Chery. Suppose to use Renault oil.....

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru

I saw inside the Valvoline say compatable for Honda (HMMF) need to check Jazz is it compatable or not

https://www.valvoline.com/our-produ...ucts/continuously-variable-transmission-fluid

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Bro CVT is well known for jerking when in traffic jam. It is normal. My friend just bought a new Civic FC and he also say his car will jerking when in traffic jam.He say he complain to SC and SC say is normal for honda CVT.

I'm driving Suprima S, also using CVT. Before this have jerking issue when in traffic jam but since still under warranty, i bring to SC and complain for jerking issue. they help me to do clutch adaption on my car TCU. now no jerking already..
Wow dude tell your friend dont be so satisfied with what they say. Been there before, SC said normal but luckily I found out else where that it's totally not right before it's too late.

The only thing that's normal for a CVT is that rubber band effect, other than that is a potential defect.

Sometimes they say its normal just to get you off their back.

Last edited:

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
I dunno what is HMMF. But Honda Jazz uses HCF-2 CVT oil. Is that the same as HMMF? I'm too lazy to google atm.
After checking with them they say is the same spec. Now need to check the spark plug also,maybe is missfire due to the sluggish issue.
But thank you for the advice

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings to all, *
If any readers are contemplating a BMW or already owning a BMW, please allow me to share my experience. Below is my email to BMW Malaysia.. *

-Quote- *

I purchased the above vehicle as pre-reg unit from Ingress Auto early 2012. I was initially sceptical on buying a used vehicle *but after the salesperson convinced me that the vehicle comes with a 5 year warranty and free maintenance, I went ahead with the purchase. Additionally, BMW's distinction in its Customer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience