Honda Fit - Xtreme Makeover

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
Hi friends

This is a Honda Fit, less than 10 years old, nice looking with the sporty Advan Racing wheels.

engine was cleaned first

From

To

Then, the ride was washed and decontaminated, ready for an extreme makeover.

Letting the pics speak

Close inspection of defects, action and transformation

The roof

After

During

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAACHo/tl9fpCQzTVw/w807-h605-no/012.JPG

More

During and after

The Hood

Close-up

50/50 on the hood

Close-up

Remember

After

The vertical panels

Before

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

extreme close-up

During

After

Remember

Now

Headlights

After

Some finishing shots

and time for some water pebbles

Thanks for reading. Your thoughts will be most welcome as always. Cheers

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Misleading, this is not an "xtreme makeover". I was expecting bodykits, nice wheels, scissor doors, etc. for a makeover. This is more like, showroom condition. Don't mislead ppl le.

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Misleading, this is not an "xtreme makeover". I was expecting bodykits, nice wheels, scissor doors, etc. for a makeover. This is more like, showroom condition. Don't mislead ppl le.
ixeo, we're talking about work not about the car. car is just a object and work is the key. Zckid means transform the whole car to a new level.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Nothing misleading. This is detailing section. Not accessory section.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Nice job there bro... Being able to transform grey colour into a mirror is no easy task. And it's a Honda paint..

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
Nice work, brother.... Your water beading like on alien planet.....:biggrin:
wat did u use for the headlamp??...i got similiar problem for my headlamp....
ixeo, we're talking about work not about the car. car is just a object and work is the key. Zckid means transform the whole car to a new level.

Nice job there bro... Being able to transform grey colour into a mirror is no easy task. And it's a Honda paint..
Peace n greetings brothers!

First of all, thanks so much for kind and encouraging words n cheers. most appreciated

@Muyo and @Veloc, thanks for clarifying.

So here is the process:

Wash
- Car washed using a mix of local APC and car shampoo using the 2 bucket-method.
- Car clayed with Bilt Hamber clay, then rinsed off (key here was to use warm water to get the best out of it)

Wetsanding:
- Mirka 2000 grit, followed by 2500 grit. (in some places, i had to use 1500 grit and refine) with Megs sanding block
- (same for headlights)

Compounding & Polishing
- Makita rotary
- Optimum double-sided wool pad and Optimum hyper compound (it slings a lot :x )
- LC white pad with Menzerna 203s for polishing and finishing

Wax
- Collinite 476s

Glass:
- vileda suede type cloth and Detailer's Pro High Performance glass restorer to remove all water spots. (this i did by hand)

Hope it helps

i miss u all so much, :wavey: cheers :wavey:

Zaid

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

I think both of you gentlemen are missing the point. Let me illustrate it with 1 picture, since it tells a thousand words.

If the picture wasn't clear enough, let me elaborate.

What I see in the pictures above, is a car simply neglected of tender loving care. It's just a dirty dirty car. Thereafter, the kind gentlemen who is the thread starter proceeds to shower it with chemical love, probing every nook and cranny you can think of, shafting his brush into crevices that the sun don't shine, and getting the car so wet that it drips all over the ground, and now the car as clean as it was new, like a showroom shine

What did I expect, when I clicked on Honda Fit - Xtreme Makeover?
1. Scissor doors, super big wing, super big bodykits.

OR

2. Something XTREME

Like for example
From THIS

POLISHED/CORRECTED/DETAILED
TO THIS

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Haha...i was with ixeo initally but since I'm no detailing guru, I guess this is an extreme makeover?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I think both of you gentlemen are missing the point. Let me illustrate it with 1 picture, since it tells a thousand words.

What I see in the pictures above, is a car simply neglected of tender loving care. It's just a dirty dirty car. Thereafter, the kind gentlemen who is the thread starter proceeds to shower it with chemical love, probing every nook and cranny you can think of, shafting his brush into crevices that the sun don't shine, and getting the car so wet that it drips all over the ground, and now the car as clean as it was new, like a showroom shine

OR

2. Something XTREME

Like for example
From THIS

TO THIS

Thanks for the long and pictorial bark :smokin:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Awesome thread subscribe
Congratulations you make the world talk about your work again

I love seeing yr passion and reading autogeekonline.com autopiaonline.com forum
Speak of your extre work is fantastic
Thank for inspiring us

A superb dad
Loving husband
Wonderful man
Awesome teacher

Tqs sir for yr extra ordinary passion

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya

OR

2. Something XTREME

Like for example
From THIS

TO THIS

this is detailing thread, you wanna see those kinda extreme make-over you can go to another thread.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
this is detailing thread, you wanna see those kinda extreme make-over you can go to another thread.
I go where I like. Who made YOU moderator?

Nothing XTREME about THIS detailing task. Like I said, its showroom shine at best. Calling it xtreme makeover is like tooting a non-existent horn.

Considering you guys lack the basic understanding of the English language I have nothing else to add. Maybe you can consider going to the English Council for some lessons.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Thanks for the long and pictorial bark :smokin:
I was bored. :thefinger:

And this is what's called an xtreme makeover

Attachments

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Nice job done, TS! Love to see car being brought back to shine.

Btw guys, you don't have anything else better to do?

To ixeo: in the eyes of detailers, this is an extreme make over because they can zoom into microscopic level. That's is why it is called Detailing and not 101 layers wax and polish.

To Veloc n muyo: ixeo is not a detailer fan thus his perception towards makeover is only about modifications. Since he isn't a fan, any explaination is very useless. E.g, I'm not a football fan so i would not give an F even if David Beckham wants to kiss me.

To myself: yeah I'm pretty much got nothing to do at this moment so I dropped a reply. ^.^v

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys!

I noticed that my car (iswara. yes bear with me.) is taller on one side. I'm referring to the front suspension where in this case, the passenger left side is taller than driver's right side. I checked the absorbers for leaks and i found none. what could be the reason? Also, I'm curious to know where should i place the floor jack (i have a 2 tonne floor jack) when jacking up the car? I want to place the car on jack stands. I lost the car owner's manual and googling for the answers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience