Honda DC5 ,DC2 , Honda EP3 which one should I get ?

Discussion in 'Car Talk' started by jasontan8338, Feb 3, 2014.

?

Honda DC5 ,DC2 , Honda EP3 which one should I get ?

1. DC5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. DC2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. EP3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jasontan8338

jasontan8338 New Member

So I am already tired with my Wira . and now im planning to move to the another car . Do DC5 ,DC2 adn EP3 suit for daily drive ? And it only can use RON97 petrol ? Besides , DC2 spareparts is hard to find or not? Because this car is too old , but the sound of the engine attract me ! For the DC5... The sport exterior look really attract me too . But DC5 is totally over budjet . 03/05 need rm90000 + :bawling:
    So DC2 still the best choice for me? Any DC2 / DC5 Owners here?

2. yeehau86

yeehau86 Moderator
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Regarding your inquiry on DC2
    - Parts for B-series at the moment still reasonably easy to source as you can check at ZTH, mudah, etc.
    - Power wise not as powerful as K-series on stock to stock comparison but many opted the B20 block for more hp
    - RON97 if you want a peace of mind

3. jasontan8338

jasontan8338 New Member

Ehrm..... DC2 not sharing same engine with DC5? Like the K series K20a ? Actually I don't know anything about dc2 much .. I just know it ytr ... When I "yam cha" with my friend at mamak stall . Its sound really nice !Vtec Screaming? !:biggrin:

4. yeehau86

yeehau86 Moderator
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Nope, DC2 and DC5 both don't share the same engine on stock basis (B18 vs. K20)

5. jasontan8338

jasontan8338 New Member

Do the B-Series engine "kacau" ? And price of dc2 is around 30~40 right ? I can't find it on mudah or others . I just saw many EG6 and other convert type r

6. dincl7

dincl7 5 Year | Silver

Dc2 sound l7ke a good choice light and superb b18c engine

7. jasontan8338

jasontan8338 New Member

That's why I like it . One of my freind told me , dc2 sparepats is easy to find . But if u want to find DC2 it's hard... Besides , most of the dc2 we can find in nowadays re four door ('AT) version one . But i just want the dc2 eith two door one !

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

with*

8. yeehau86

yeehau86 Moderator
    Helmet Clan Moderator

the 4 door is not DC2, it is called DB8

there are a few DC2 in mudah, it is still easier than finding a DC2R (comes with B18C-R engine stock instead of B18C-GSR in normal DC2)

9. jasontan8338

jasontan8338 New Member

Oh thanks for correction :biggrin:
    But what i want the most is the dc5 ! The sporty look really attract me ! :banghead: . And its hard to find good condition dc5 now...

10. DeaconFrost

DeaconFrost Senior Member

Please seriously consider newer Hondas just for the sake of K20A brother. Square engine.

I've spent fair amount of money modifying B18C Type R. I still wish I have a K20A Type R.

11. dincl7

dincl7 5 Year | Silver

Yeah u cant go wrong with k20,great fuel eco n nice revvy screamy vtec when u need a blast

12. RENESIS VIII

RENESIS VIII Senior Member

If you really want, K20A can be transplanted into DC2. There are already people doing this transplant on EG and EK Civic.

13. DeaconFrost

DeaconFrost Senior Member

That's gonna cost another RM30k? In the end, probably TS will wonder whether he should just bought a DC5 straight away.

14. mADmAN

mADmAN Senior Member

if u wanna buy a honda... id recommend the DC5... not only is it the best choice amongst the 3 cars u posted.... but also theft rate for the DC5 is still pretty low... i think so far only 2-3 cases only in the past 2 years....

DC2 is getting stolen left right and center... EG, EK , EF even worse... 1 week minimum 1 case... at one point, 1 case a day. at another point 3 cars stolen in Kuantan on the same day!

even with DC5 ud still have to take some serious security measures.... my friend's car was broken into right in front of his house...meters stolen, seats stolen and cant remember wat else.... and afaik the stolen DC5s have totally disappeared... never found.

EP3 is pretty rare... good car, but since its rare, parts may be a bit tough in case of anything.

moral of the story... just avoid the hondas la... its pretty dangerous to own one now... and im telling u as a honda owner myself. my car oso i barely drive out anymore....

shove in a 1.8 GSR into ur wira and mod it proper and u probably can makan all those NA hondas power wise. if still wan that sound, i guess the closes u can get is the MIVEC. also a good choice.

15. RENESIS VIII

If about lighter weight, DC2 will be better.

Wira can't handle as well as Honda. :banghead:

16. meonster

meonster New Member

me oso simpan rumah car... im still considering go for K's or ej25... haiya.... my honda oso panas to parking for yamcha-mamcha liao... :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

17. punk

punk Senior Member

No poll ah?

i vote for the newer DC5 version, the backlight and headlamp straight version one.

Really damn fast man this car.
    Saw twice at traffic light, really power plus the exhaust sound nice :top:

18. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Threadstarter : Since you're currently driving a Wira, I'm assuming you'll be selling it for perhaps 10k thereabouts. Do you have about 35k cash? If not you can forget about owning a DC2.

Do you have a good bank record to get a 90k loan? If not you can forget about the DC5 and EP3.

And no offence, but if you have to take a 90k loan just for the DC5 / EP3, I really think the maintenance of the car will kill you.

I'm not trying to dampen your Honda spirit, I'm looking at Hondas too. But at the super cheap EF range cuz I can't afford anything more than that. Reality sucks.

19. jasontan8338

jasontan8338 New Member

So I did go mudah for some price research . I found that those 05/08 need almost 102~105K ...Look like over my budget. So I look at the older one 03/05 ... it's around 88-95K ... Seriously I think DC5 is quite expensive . Abound 10years old cars still selling 80K+ , as i know 10 year old car hard to loan right ?(Correct me if my research got wrong)

20. RENESIS VIII

Performance oriented Honda cars are like that. You should take a look at those 2 door Civic EK. They are priced at around 50k to 70k even when they are not original EK9 Civic Type R. These EK are well above 10 years old.