Honda civic fd2 with k20z2 engine turbo installation

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
what about the management? contacted my tuner yet?
sorry bro , not yet . tomorrow I'll contact him.

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

afew pictures of the turbo. more picture from installation proccess , soon .

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
wat turbine is dat?..size?..

stingg

Known Member
Sep 20, 2005
subang jaya
Check out Hondata K-pro or FlashPro. They should be able to do the job just fine. Good luck on yr build!

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi again,

Announcement !!! Installation process will start on monday ! Stay updated ...

To stingg: i'm really intrested to use hondata , but they cant install it on this car properly. Everywhere i go they say something will have problem after reflashing using Hondata !

But the last place i went , as one of the members here told me to check it out , he is gonna find something out and let me know soon!

alwhitesat

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
nice.....
me also a vtec turbo driver for 3 sweet years

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

Let the installation begiiiiiiiiiiiiiin !!

from tomorrow pictures of the installation process will be posted. Only one thing, I'm still not sure what should I do with the management system. nobody does hondata for this car without any problem! they say its gonna be released next month ! I don't know what should I do . should I go with a piggy back ?

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
This is vital decision that you have to choose. If you planning for low boost pressure application, piggy back could do the job IMO... But, if there is a plan to increase the boost pressure later on, then stand alone would be the only solution. Not to mention your engine internal parts needs to be strengthen and upgrade of fuel supply (fuel pump, injectors, etc)...

Discuss further with your engine builder/tuner and get his opinions on this matter.
Remember, build it once and build it right.:biggrin: Good luck mate

p/s: I was wondering wh:smokin:ether your build configuration will be based on K23A1 configuration found in Acura RDX

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well fuel pump will be changed as well as injectors ;) but its gonna be 10 psi boost only . The problem is that the configurations using hondata is much much more advance and complete . However piggy backs r not that bad too ... This car has a k20z2 engine which is same as acura csx . But this turbo and everything has been installed for the first time in here so i cant say its based on any previous project or not

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
10 psi is almost 0.7 bar. Are you going to retain stock internal?

On the engine management, of course they will be some pros and cons either to choose stand alone or piggyback. Choose according your requirement/needs. I am pretty sure you did a lot of research for your project, and know what's the minimum parts and hardwares required. But if you have got enough budget, opt for standalone. Good platform for future modifications/upgrades.

BTW, Acura RDX is running on 2.3 i-VTEC turbo, came out stock standard from factory. It's a SUV (like CR-V).

Last edited:

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yep , stock internals ! For engine management , my second choice is HKS standalone which costs like 3500 RM . Hondata costs like 3K- 3.4K so its not that much difference . One of the problems i have is the o2 sensor which can be eliminated by hondata only ! With HKS I can just somehow cheat the O2 sensor but i cant eliminate it .

dareMAX

Known Member
Aug 3, 2004
RAMD
Hi Soroosh,

Mind telling us what they send you inside the package? Bigger cc injector, FPR & .. etc...

Coz I think u need to upgrade a lots of things... :)

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
590 cc injectors , fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, oil supply, oil cooler, and rest of the things which is neccessary for turbo installation.

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Guys there is a problem with the package . This package is made for left hand drive cars. Manifold doesnt mach , the power steering is on the turbo's way ! The guy should design one for it an it takes 2 weeks to install . Do u guys know any manifold which has short outlet pipes and with the header more to the left ( if the header is at front of u ) ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone knows where to get Ferodo DS3000 brake pads in KL ?
I know where to get them in Singapore but don't want to travel so far la.
These are for AP Racing 6 pot calipers. Do let me know asap..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience