Honda civic fd2 with k20z2 engine turbo installation

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
it was in the 4th gear , max speed with 4th gear is 225 KMPH then I have to change it to 5th gear ! it goes alot faster than this , if u notice from 215 to 220 the digital speedometer skips 2-3 KMPH .

I haven't found any good highway to try the top speed tho :driver:

my car's 5th gear is still untouched ! lool ! I guess there is a little dust on the 5th gear ! haha , I hope to find a chance to go to 5th gear and bring it up to the MAX .

if any of u guys wanna meet up with ur FD2 cars or other , let me know . we'll go for a ride
I think your 5th gear will max at 250kmh & and be a BOT, dont keep such speed to long! Guess u will have a problem while high speed cruising with other K20AR especially with those FD2R/CL7 at their 5th/6th gear is very tall! hehehehe

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
it was in the 4th gear , max speed with 4th gear is 225 KMPH then I have to change it to 5th gear ! it goes alot faster than this , if u notice from 215 to 220 the digital speedometer skips 2-3 KMPH .

I haven't found any good highway to try the top speed tho :driver:

my car's 5th gear is still untouched ! lool ! I guess there is a little dust on the 5th gear ! haha , I hope to find a chance to go to 5th gear and bring it up to the MAX .

if any of u guys wanna meet up with ur FD2 cars or other , let me know . we'll go for a ride
well, if u want u can try using the mex highway (maju express highway) . try keep to the center lane , coz that time the right lane was a bit bumpy , nw i m not sure they got resurface it or not , but bro , u pls becarefull . my personal opinion is dont bother to know the high speed , just enjoy the ride ,

cheers :driver:

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If I'm not mistaken, FD2 got 5-speed autobox, but not sure whether it's "close ratio"

I think he start at 2nd gear (70km/h) and pulled it until max rpm in 4th gear (220km/h). But, I could be wrong..

Never drive FD2 before. Maybe Soroosh-ab can confirm?
well, if u want u can try using the mex highway (maju express highway) . try keep to the center lane , coz that time the right lane was a bit bumpy , nw i m not sure they got resurface it or not , but bro , u pls becarefull . my personal opinion is dont bother to know the high speed , just enjoy the ride ,

cheers :driver:
thanks alot.

it is really dangerous I agree .
thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I think your 5th gear will max at 250kmh & and be a BOT, dont keep such speed to long! Guess u will have a problem while high speed cruising with other K20AR especially with those FD2R/CL7 at their 5th/6th gear is very tall! hehehehe
yeah , you are r8. it will get very hot there if I keep driving at high speed but in the other hand , because of the new carbon fiber bonnet which has holes on it , its temp will reduce as I drive fast . it will be balanced somehow .

does any of you guys know a good and cheap breaking system for this car ? I guess I will have to change it soon .

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

these r the pics as I promised ;) video soon .
my camshafts r stock camshaft, everything is stock . intercooler and oil cooler has been added and ATF cooler soon will be installed.engine mounting can handle it well because the boost is not that high as u can see in the graph .
Wow, cool! Sleeper style FD2T. If some joker never see intercooler from behind then go cucuk cuck sure get a shock when you tapau him. Go get some bodykits to compliment that monster engine man. :adore:

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
does any of you guys know a good and cheap breaking system for this car ? I guess I will have to change it soon .
That's a wise idea.

I'm not sure whether an used unit of OEM FD2R Brembo can straight away plug and play and clear your 17inch wheels. Maybe you might check on OEM DC5R Brembo unit as well.

A good suspension setup, combo with good set of tires, plus decent brake system should be your priority now. :love:

I guess you must be smiling and grinning everytime you take it on the road, right?:biggrin:

Happy motoring:adore:

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
That's a wise idea.

I'm not sure whether an used unit of OEM FD2R Brembo can straight away plug and play and clear your 17inch wheels. Maybe you might check on OEM DC5R Brembo unit as well.

A good suspension setup, combo with good set of tires, plus decent brake system should be your priority now. :love:

I guess you must be smiling and grinning everytime you take it on the road, right?:biggrin:

Happy motoring:adore:
Yeah , suspension and brakes are my priority now . changed tires to continental contisportcontact 5 the best tires ever ! I had Michelin ps3 before which sucks !

DC5 brakes are compatible with my car and they cost 2700 and suspension HKS Hipermax III Sport 4800 .....

I am really happy with the car ! haha, its very fast and smooth and can beat the type r's ass hahaha

May 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Nice mod bro. U should definitely try to bring your ride on the tracks to really test it's power. :)
However I think u should definitely look at changing your gear box to a manual one to take that
enormous amount of hp.Even @ 181 whp you can feel the gear box slipping already. Heck even @ 157 whp there are other fd owners complainin of slips. And maybe u should try to go for ceramico to wrap ur Exos n extractor with that coating cos I'm sure its running hella hot. I'm on NA with js vented hood n it's still running hot.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Nice mod bro. U should definitely try to bring your ride on the tracks to really test it's power. :)
However I think u should definitely look at changing your gear box to a manual one to take that
enormous amount of hp.Even @ 181 whp you can feel the gear box slipping already. Heck even @ 157 whp there are other fd owners complainin of slips. And maybe u should try to go for ceramico to wrap ur Exos n extractor with that coating cos I'm sure its running hella hot. I'm on NA with js vented hood n it's still running hot.

In term of durability, I personally don't think this set-up will last at track.

Just ride and enjoy it on the public road with that kepisssh kepissh sound...! hehehehehe

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hahaha , I'm sure it can last in the track . because my average speed with this car is 150 and average RPM is 5-6 ! it can last ;)

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
In track, it will be totally different scenario compared on roads...

ATF temperature, engine oil temperature and water temperature are the things that need special attention, especially when you drive WOT during the scorching afternoon heat in open track day.

With your setup, I would prefer to enjoy it for road use only, same as Bro Aja mentioned earlier. :top:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
because that is the normal FD2 K20z2 engine, not the FD2R red K20AR engine. There's no Vtec kick in yo in high RPM, Vtec is already in once the engine is cranked up.

saifzwan

Nov 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
ooooooo~ now i know..
it's a continuos vtec..

thanks man..
no wonder the curve doesn't look any other vtec BOT out there..:idea:

happy for u Soroosh-ab :driver:

xenonkuraz

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne
Hey soroosh...

here's my setup as promised...the kit is now fully installed and awaiting a tune.

FMIC

Intake pipe still need to attach AFM adapter

Emanage Ultimate PNP harness

HKS SSQV

Heat shield + turbo just visible (GT28RS)

Perfect intercooler routing

More pics to come. Enjoy...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was at another forum just now before I joined this one. There were probably just as many people frustrated with lost cars and wanting better security systems there. As such, I would just like to produce what I wrote there. I am a newbie to these forums and it was abit unnerving to see so many people loosing their cars. Here is what I wrote there. :shocked:

I have been just catching up on the reading about vehicle security in this forum since I just joined it. I know how trummatic it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience