Honda Civic FD2 VS Toyota Camry VS Honda Accord

kenvy11

May 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i am considering to buy 2nd hand car, the 2nd latest batches for these cars.

i am well aware of comparing these cars are incorrect as Civic is not as same class as Camry / Accord.

Well, i thought about these car as i am budgeting my monthly commitment is around RM1k-RM1.2K, thats my first requirement.

the reason i choose these cars:-

Civic FD2 (not FD2R) : sportier
Camry XV40 / Accord 8th Gen. : Spacious.

i drive mostly in the city, but may travel frm KL - Penang occasionally to visit in-law family.

the advise i am seekings:-

1) maintenance cost
2) fuel consumption
3) problematic frequent

*if you think the maintenance cost for civic FD2 is highest whilst accord 2.4 lowest, you may write CIVIC > CAMRY > ACCORD

and also, for camry & accord - are CC 2.0 and 2.4 are contribute big difference as per the item 1~3? forget about top speed / acceleration, i am not really concern about that, as i knew these issues may bring impact to items 1~3 eventually.

Your kind advice for this issue is really appreciated.

Please..

Thanks!!!

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
with all the things taken into consideration, i would say:
civic > accord > camry

apart from that, test drive those machines would help u to decide. good luck!

Acer1810

Jul 29, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I can only compare between Camry and civic as my family had those two rides, not mine but I do the driving every weekend.
You will be surprise that Camry has a lower maintenance cost compared to the civic and hassle / problem free.

The civic seen more mechanics than me seeing doctor over headaches and fevers!

If you are looking for a reliable and comfy car, go for Camry! however having said that,
do give accord a test drive as it wouldn't hurt you anyway!

I would like to stress again that it's my experience with this two cars not a absolute answer.

Do update us your opinion before you purchase and after you purchase to give people with similar problem a chance to enlighten themselfs!

Regards,
Acer1810

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I would go for Camry. Toyota would suit your requirement. Not into top speed/acceleration means u r not into performance. More into comfort. Is either the Camry or Accord.

But I would choose Camry over maintenance cost and reliability and FC :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For maintenance : Camry > Civic / Accord.

But this is highly dependent on whether you're buying completely new cars. If all new then your 1.2k per month may not be enough for all 3 cars unless you have a high down payment. If used car then the above is true. If new car then it's more like Camry > Accord > Civic. The civic is generally a very problematic car.

Personally looking at what you're using the car for, I'd choose the Accord (assuming you're talking about the latest 2014 model). Purely because it's more kitted out than the Camry and is very much a better car to drive.

Also, the Camry is very very high in the "stolen car" list. In fact it was #1 in 2013 so I would be spending a LOT on security for the car if you decide to buy the Camry.

Lastly Camry is running on a very old technology engine. It hasn't changed much at all since the 2nd model Camry, only exterior upgrades.

But Toyotas will forever conquer the resale value market as the best value so if you're not planning on keeping the car long, Camry is better. A 5 year old Camry right now can still command 100k which is stupidly ridiculous if you ask me.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I remember flipping through a friend's Camry service booklet. Seems to have LSD. :o
No wonder couldnt lose the camry behind me at one time. He tail kaw me lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No wonder couldnt lose the camry behind me at one time. He tail kaw me lol
Nothing to do with LSD or whatever. I'm highly tempted to say driver problem.. but I know there is no replacement for displacement and since I'm driving a 2.0 as well, I know it's got one helluva lot of power. So if that Camry was a 2.4, then you better give way cuz there's no way either one of your cars will be able to outrun it.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Nothing to do with LSD or whatever. I'm highly tempted to say driver problem.. but I know there is no replacement for displacement and since I'm driving a 2.0 as well, I know it's got one helluva lot of power. So if that Camry was a 2.4, then you better give way cuz there's no way either one of your cars will be able to outrun it.
Could be the balls' material problem. :rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
For maintenance : Camry > Civic / Accord.

Lastly Camry is running on a very old technology engine. It hasn't changed much at all since the 2nd model Camry, only exterior upgrades.
Because its based on very old technology, it is mature and proven to work. A good example is Airbus A320.. you know, the fleet of planes by AirAsia? The A320 uses an Intel 80186 and a Motorola 68000.

What is a 80186? It is a 25mHz processor based on its fastest iteration. In other words, its a gazillion times slower than the processor in your mobile phone!

But who cares if its old and slow? It works! Just like how Toyota cars just work despite having very old technology.

Whereas companies like VW that introduces twin charging on mass market vehicle & dry dual clutch..all flawed. Cause its new, it may or may not work.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
no la camry no LSD, could be other meaning:biggrin:
Normal daily cars where got LSD? This will bring up the cost too.....

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

That day a New Toyota Altis 2.0 Dual vvti try to show his power, squeeze here and there and tried to be fast, so I tested him out. He went fast lane on kesas so I tailed him. Can say I tail gate him.....kakkakakakka :biggrin::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup it is, IINM. I pedal to metal that bugger still so near behind me. Couldnt even pull away an inch haha! Just testing. So, die la I 1.8L sure lose to your 2.0 during drag haha :rofl:

Normal daily cars where got LSD? This will bring up the cost too.....

That day a New Toyota Altis 2.0 Dual vvti try to show his power, squeeze here and there and tried to be fast, so I tested him out. He went fast lane on kesas so I tailed him. Can say I tail gate him.....kakkakakakka :biggrin::biggrin:
Seldom got Altis try show power one wor...usually Vios haha! U bully NA cars la haha!

cos its an unker's car right? I almost bought the camry 2.4V. :biggrin:
Lucky u didnt if not hard to catch up with VR's Galant.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
cos its an unker's car right? I almost bought the camry 2.4V. :biggrin:
Wait a few more years you will be like bro. Izso (he got unker car dy):biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Yup it is, IINM. I pedal to metal that bugger still so near behind me. Couldnt even pull away an inch haha! Just testing. So, die la I 1.8L sure lose to your 2.0 during drag haha :rofl:

Seldom got Altis try show power one wor...usually Vios haha! U bully NA cars la haha!
Aiyah! you think your 1.8 very powerful meh! go run with 2.4? He already 600cc more then you, newer technology also....:biggrin:

You know me, where got bully NA one. He zoom left and right, cut here and there then I only try him out since he show he was fast, but actually not....hahahhahahah:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, in this post I will show you what is the culprit when side mirror cannot auto-flip.

First we need to remove the mirror by pry from below. Do it carefully

Then remove 4 screw that hold side mirror cover.

Here what it will look like...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience