Honda Accord Variants Owners Club ( HAVOC )

farisi

May 9, 2004
The CF4 tiptronic gearbox...is it lsd or normal gbox?

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
aja, haha, i hope to make that a reality too! S"F"4 DOHC VTEC...wuahahaha..:p

but im really takut about the tiptronic gearbox la...even my mech advise me against it. Sato also faces problems. somemore less pickup, more FC, etc. :confused:

thats y now im trying to check if the F20B can fit a H22A manual gearbox or not...an alternative to the scarce F20B manual 200ps version. but if i can get my hands on the f20b Manual, i dun mind paying a higher reasonable price! :rolleyes: its better to get something good one shot, rather than getting something slightly cheaper and fast, then pay for the consequences later, and be less satisfied. :(
well, i'll be going outstation soon, wun be back til 23th May (hopefully i can go online in Tong-San!)

Enjoy yr TT guys!

cheers

hky

Known Member
Mar 13, 2005
KL
Cf4

Sato, u from ipoh r? me too.

dunno whether the cf4 tiptronic is same as BB6 tiptronic.

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Yeah, go got CF4-t version gearbox. Manual tranny that can withstand higher power.

I bought this option fans...old issue.....newly released one.....RM8 per copy. It got this CF4 auto tranny converted to manual.

Last week in KL, after the LDP toll going back to taman sri sinar.....was driving normally, but keep on the far right lane juz to avoid slow moving car....there was an altezza RS200 from behind suddenly tailgate me.....i floor the pedal la.....smokes come out from exhaust...hahaha....smoke him.....but really not enough la.....altezza really fast car.....can't even drag away from him.....i lost..... then he purposely slow down....dunno y.....and let me pass......i also purposely slow down.....see his car......wua.....his car really lightened already la....front and rear carbon fibre bonnets with gt wings so on.....forgot his registration number..hahaha....

Maybe AJA ER can win his car..hahaa

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Sato said:
hky, i'm not sure if every cf4 tiptronic the same la....but for my car....there's some kind of problems.

From experiences, when i was driving...the car is not idle la....moving....and once u kickdown the car, the gearbox become very very blur.....thinking what gear to shift to.....so there will be a blink of a seconds that it will not engage any gear.....u got my meaning ? Suppose u kickdown.....should straight a way it will find the rite gear and move ma.....but my car....no......it needs to think a seconds or two before making the car rev....hahaha....

The other thing is....constant speed.....i can feel some jerking.....very very small la.....not often also...maybe mine is lemon......

Other than that.....it should be good....ohh......the cf4 tiptronic gearbox.....it has to use honda gearbox oil. If not.....the gearbox is even slow at changing gear. I've tried once.....using shell gearbox oil......terrible.

When tt ? I dun think i can.......i've juz back to ipoh ar......staying here for a week or two b4 going back to KL.

U guys enjoy the TT session.
hi sato,

mine original SV4 2.0 auto gearbox also will need to "think" around 1 second before it pick up when i totally floor it... -.-"...

and i thinking does the original honda ECU not doing the best job to analyze the gearshifting? does after market ECU can solve this?

cause next time when i transparant to H22A, i thinking to get auto also, cause a bit fedup with klang and KL traffic, jam like shit!!!
but then auto will "blur" and need time to "think" before change gear, hahaha, so dunno a good after market ECU can overcome this problem or not...

hehe...

McBryant

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
KL/JB
Halllo Ha!!!!!

Hey guys!!!

Im a new member here hah......:cool:

Im actually dosent own any car yet. So, im in this forum to discuss about my brother's car SV4 year 94 with a H22A manual transmission engin.

He is facing a problem where when he drive until 185km/h then the car wont go anymore. It is like the speed cut off. he is suspecting that the ecu of his engin is the previous 2.0 engin ecu. So, do u guys now anywhere or how to modified the ecu ?? or maybe do u know what is the best ECU that he can replace??? (maybe the h22a actual ecu) and what is the price.... :)

hky

Known Member
Mar 13, 2005
KL
McBryant,

That's becoz the japanese ecu still have the 180 speed limiter intact. get it by pass lor.

Nicky7,
same problem with mine lar, if i wan sudden acceleration, the gearbox suddenly become dumb. mine even worst, the 2nd gear no power, mech said due to the previous owner only drive very very slow. my car will be revving like mad without engaging any gear.
like you, me also not keen on manual, coz of the jam. i read at the japanese website, that the BB6 S-matic changes gear in 0.4s. dunno true or not. Anyone driven a BB6 auto b4?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
McBryant said:
Hey guys!!!

Im a new member here hah......:cool:

Im actually dosent own any car yet. So, im in this forum to discuss about my brother's car SV4 year 94 with a H22A manual transmission engin.

He is facing a problem where when he drive until 185km/h then the car wont go anymore. It is like the speed cut off. he is suspecting that the ecu of his engin is the previous 2.0 engin ecu. So, do u guys now anywhere or how to modified the ecu ?? or maybe do u know what is the best ECU that he can replace??? (maybe the h22a actual ecu) and what is the price.... :)
Mc,
Speed cut la tu, around 185 kmh. (i wonder why not 180 kmh). Anyway, the instant solution is to buy the Apex'i RSM & install. Me in the process of installing it, cause no diagram. Don't know when can get the wiring diagram..

Sato,
No la. My car slow2 only. :)

hky,
May be u can spent your time to call all the kedai potongs that i've listed in HAVOC Forum.:p

hky

Known Member
Mar 13, 2005
KL
I have actually inquired about the transplant. BB6 tiptronic, h/c plus workmanship - sell old engine, roughly about RM6000. still thinking whether to go ahead or not.

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
hky said:
I have actually inquired about the transplant. BB6 tiptronic, h/c plus workmanship - sell old engine, roughly about RM6000. still thinking whether to go ahead or not.
6k is good price wo

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
Sato, yeah, i know about the CF4 SiR-T version, that comes with manual tranny and a whole 20 horses more than the tiptronic. i've been asking about it, but no one seems to have it.:confused:

if anyone does have any idea where to find it, please tell me. i belanja TT k? :D

honestly, im not a fan of auto. moreover, melaka roads not so much jams, and auto will "chiak yiu" aka Makan Minyak!

cheers

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
kennji said:
aja...i think i got the wiring diagram la...but in jap gua...hahaha

hky! rm6k for bb6 transplant seems to be a good price u know...hehe...
Kenji,
It's ok now. My mechanic told me that ER wiring can use EK9 punya. So, this morning going to install it.

yer la. RM6k for BB6 considered a good price already.:p

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
farisi said:
The CF4 tiptronic gearbox...is it lsd or normal gbox?
farisi,
I'm not so sure whether CF4 F20B DOHC Tiptronic tu LSD or not. My opinion, normally most LSD use for manual car only. Donno also. May be sato can explain further. But, i did asked Speedwork few days back, regarding dynoing my ER. they say they can't do it for ER, due to this helical lsd or traction etc. Got limitation somewhere where the wheel tend to lock at certain speed, bla.. bla.... Same goes to CF4 F20B DOHC also. They also told me that prior to this they tried to dynoed the F20B DOHC also, but can't. Is it means that F20B DOHC also got helical LSD etc?.

Anyone can explain?.

p/s : Helical LSD is different from cluth/normal LSD. Normally for normal LSd, if u spin left front tyre, the other will also pusing right. This method is not working for Helical LSD. the only thing to check is by jetting your car, & start the engine. As for Normal car, both/either r one front tyre will spin. But for helical LSD, both front tyre won't spin. That what i've been told.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Toyota FT-86 G Sports concept
debuts in Japan

by Mashfique Hussain Chowdhury

A new version of the Toyota FT-86 concept has been revealed
at the Tokyo Auto Salon, a motor show of sorts. Dubbed the
FT-86 G Sports Concept, it is also featured in the new trailer
for the upcoming PS3 video game Gran Turismo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience