Honda Accord SV 4 to swap with F20B engine.

Tony Yeap

Jun 12, 2009
Dear Sifu,
Instead of SV4 swap with K20 engine as in my previous mail which is costly and a lot of issues. Has anyone swap with F20B Honda Blue top cover for SV4? H22A is the major modification as far as I know.
What I'm concern most is the wiring for the ECU V-Tec and the dash board meters. I saw this half cut in Ipoh last saturday - Accord CF model. This model is using electric motorised steering rack and the interior dash board are using digital display.
One of the shop owner told me , I could use back my SV4 steering rack and the power steering pump.
Any advice on the dash board meters, sifu?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
why not go to H22A with 190ps half cut?
just plug and play.

Tony Yeap

Jun 12, 2009
Thanks for your reply.
I know H22A is just plug and play with the same model - CD. I saw a few of these H22A half cut in Ipoh. Very in demand.
Just that the road tax fee is higher. I wanted to have the 2.0 litre engine for my SV4.
Please advice.

Tony Yeap

Jun 12, 2009
Has anyone out there done before with F20B swap in Accord SV 4 model? This Blue Top DOHC is rare and unique. I saw 2 different model for this F20B. One of the half cut is SiR and the other is SiR -T. One unit is auto transmission and the other is manual.
I saw another half cut which is Euro R spec. in another shop.
My main concern if I buy the F20B auto for my Accord SV 4 auto swap, any issue on the wiring?
As for engine mounting , auto SV 4 swap to F20B auto - no issue. Power steering pump and steering rack can use back the existing SV4.
BTW I'm from Ipoh. Any wiring sifu in Ipoh that could help with the swap.
Please advice, sifu.

Tony Yeap

Jun 12, 2009
Thanks, Boyzone.
Reason why I'm interested in F20B cos my SV4 is 2.0 L and the road tax is cheaper.
This F20B is a unique and rare engine which is quite powerful but slightly less than H22a.
Half cut cost around RM4,500/-

Regards.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Do u have F20B halfcut photo?
Is from CL chasis with Blue head cover right? :biggrin:

Tony Yeap

Jun 12, 2009
Hi , boyzone,
The model looks like our local Accord model 2000 or 2001 model. Sorry , didn't have the photo taken.
The steering is electric motorrised. air-cond in digital.

Regards.

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
Hi Tony, welcome to the magical world of vtec. the halfcut of F20B DOHC VTEC is from CF4 body.. it's designed from H22 and i could say a destroked version of H22. One of my team members (oh ya, I'm from myHAVOC.net) did this swap SiR to SV4 body. No problems so far as it's 90% direct swap(10% -> need to re-wiring). Mostly ppl would suggest to go for H22, but as for me the F20 is sufficient enuff.. if it's a manual version, u can feel the vtec crossover kicks in harder than the normal H22. Eventhough it's rated at 180ps(auto) and 200ps(manual), but it's still considered as powerful compared to other 2.0 cc region engine.

And FYI, u can also swap most of H22 parts into F20B. If you got time, please dropby and say hi to us in myHAVOC.net, the crib of accords.

Tony Yeap

Jun 12, 2009
Thank you, sifu. Yeah, engine mounting is no problem. what , I saw is , need to relocate one of the mounting only . The mounting on the pulley side. The pulley also need to replace with double rims.
Will drop by at myHavoc.net. My SV 4 chasiss is CE 6 body.

Best regards.

Sengz7

Oct 28, 2009
Perak
dear bro tony,
i live in ipoh too...
can u tell me where u find those h22a???
n how about the prices...
i was saving money to buy the h22a for my sm4...
wait for ur reply...

Tony Yeap

Jun 12, 2009
You can view the H22A half cut at Menglembu roundabout Kao Sin - just near the round about you can see a lot of half cut stack up. also at Foo Lean along the way to Menglembu from Ipoh city or Falim.

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Hey Tony,

U staying in Ipoh ? I'm from Ipoh too, driving CF4 SIR.

Which shop u saw the CF half cut ? I know the peanut roundabout there got a half cut, white color ! Forgot the shop name ! Foo Lean...err....i got no idea where is it ! Hehehee...although i'm Menglembu resident too !

I know there's a shop...at Chandran Raya Industrial area....got a CF half cut also....actually adjacent to the road....2 shops.....but one with a CF6 halfcut....i think it's a blue top 2.3 version

Care to share where u saw the Euro R half cut ?

Jun 6, 2010
Sabah
Hello evryone. I have a H22a SV4 manual. Thinking of changing my stock clutch into Exedy 4 puck. Does it will give me a big difference if I still use the stock flywheel? Where can I get it around KL?

Help me vtec master!

laiu_kl

Jan 7, 2012
perak
hi i new b, any buddy know that can f20b fit in civic so4? if any one know please give some commend thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here.. Previously loved to just watch comments & getting information from this site but i decided to register as a member here because i needed to look for an answer to the following questions.

I screwed up recently with my Myvi Extreme 1.5 Manual due to excessive work loads & judging from my current mileage from my due service which is in another 1.2k. The engine was totally dry of engine oil & as a result.. produced noises from the rods & bearing.

Went off to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience