High speed stability

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
Existing run with CPR, is around 6kg per rim :biggrin:

My car have to carry baby, if I go to hard soft + hi-low kit, will have big impact in comfortability?

Have baby in- car most of the time, definitely will not hit this number :listen:
Ahh.. u didn't mention these preconditions b4.. U can try low profile tyres.. they improve the ride handling.. since it's family car.. Best for should be eg.. 195/45/16'' .:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
I think will go to lower sport spring.
Plan to hotbit sport spring (maybe + Improve absorber) ... any advise?

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
getting a correct set of dampers AND springs with proper height adjustments;rims with correct offsets and tyres with just the correct profile and width(to fit the rims) would solve your problems.Not too hard not too soft.....cheers

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Bro boyzone,

If you really made up your mind for sport spring, I would suggest go for Eibach (if it's available for your car model).

Me myself has experienced using it on my previous Proton Satria, and I would say it is the best for overall. Not so lowered, not so stiff and still maintained decent level of comfortability, and quite stable for some "naughty" driving style. Overall, it's best for family setup.

The price would be on higher side compare to other japanese brand or made in kepong/sungai buloh. But, what the heck... You pay once, and you pay for satisfaction guaranteed... Plus, it's compatible to match with your OEM damper/absorber (if you are on budget)...

And NO..I'm not Eibach salesperson...hehehe..just trying to help you...

All the best bro...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Bro boyzone,

If you really made up your mind for sport spring, I would suggest go for Eibach (if it's available for your car model).

Me myself has experienced using it on my previous Proton Satria, and I would say it is the best for overall. Not so lowered, not so stiff and still maintained decent level of comfortability, and quite stable for some "naughty" driving style. Overall, it's best for family setup.

The price would be on higher side compare to other japanese brand or made in kepong/sungai buloh. But, what the heck... You pay once, and you pay for satisfaction guaranteed... Plus, it's compatible to match with your OEM damper/absorber (if you are on budget)...

And NO..I'm not Eibach salesperson...hehehe..just trying to help you...

All the best bro...
yo..bro BE5RSK,

no long no hear from u.

yes, I'm also received a lot of positive feedback about Eibach... Especially for Japanese car model.
Just have to confirm that is the spring ready for Gen 2 or not.:biggrin:
Btw, what is the market price for this spring today?

adlans

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
Bro, since u're carrying along your baby, drive carefully. Speed is fun but family safety should comes 1st. After this you'll modified a bit of your car to maintain stability, then later syiok comes in and you might be going 150 - 170kmh! Brakes is also important...do upgrade it.

- Just my 9 cents, not my nonsense -

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Bro, since u're carrying along your baby, drive carefully. Speed is fun but family safety should comes 1st. After this you'll modified a bit of your car to maintain stability, then later syiok comes in and you might be going 150 - 170kmh! Brakes is also important...do upgrade it.

- Just my 9 cents, not my nonsense -

Uncle drive, 130km/h will be my max speed :biggrin:
Thx for the advise..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well boyzone.....as for easiest,cheapest and quick fix for you i think u can try a bit more negative camber in front....(don't do too much -ve camber else tyre "makan sebelah" quickly)...

try that first and see if u like it or not.....plus...alignment+camber adjust not really expensive...less than 1/2hour can settle.....

and that would not hurt comfort/harshness on bumps etc etc....nor add more weight to your car...

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
bro. just go for utr bars... front 4 point and side fender 3 point bars if ur max speed would be 130 to 140... no need to change spring no matter what sport spring is not the same as ori wan... comfort will be diff... and yes check ur camber and so on its help...
but if u can get ur hands on the gen2 cps r3 springs then go for it.....

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
bro. just go for utr bars... front 4 point and side fender 3 point bars if ur max speed would be 130 to 140... no need to change spring no matter what sport spring is not the same as ori wan... comfort will be diff... and yes check ur camber and so on its help...
but if u can get ur hands on the gen2 cps r3 springs then go for it.....

R3 spring? comfort?
Btw, stock clearance is around 4 fingers gap from tyre to fender.
If put in R3 spring, what is the clearance?

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
yo..bro BE5RSK,

no long no hear from u.

yes, I'm also received a lot of positive feedback about Eibach... Especially for Japanese car model.
Just have to confirm that is the spring ready for Gen 2 or not.:biggrin:
Btw, what is the market price for this spring today?
Sorry bro, lost track on marketprice nowadays... I paid around RM 800 (in 2005) with installation last time.

Some Gen2 owner said that they use sport spring that meant for waja/wira/satria/putra configuration in their Gen2 setup. They match it with OEM Gen2 absorber without issue.

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
well boyzone.....as for easiest,cheapest and quick fix for you i think u can try a bit more negative camber in front....(don't do too much -ve camber else tyre "makan sebelah" quickly)...

try that first and see if u like it or not.....plus...alignment+camber adjust not really expensive...less than 1/2hour can settle.....
Agree. Try this first, noticeable difference.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
get tein with edfc....while with baby, make it soft....when driving alone, make it hard.... :-)
I have Gab SS in my old junk, so interm of comfort, still have a gap compare with lower spring. :biggrin:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Installed R3 lower spring after grab from ZTH member@netracer.
Also, -2deg camber at the front and -1deg at the rear.
Cornering have significant improve after set up... while have to wait until weekend then only have chance to test on high speed stability.
Fender clearance: 2 fingers gap at the front, 3 fingers gap at the rear.