High speed stability

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
All sifus,

Suspension of Gen2 CPS was claimed that tuned by Lotus.
However, still encounter floating feel when go for 130km and above.
If would like to improve my car stability, should I go for front canards or lower spring?
Please advise.. Thx. :driver:

Attachments

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
All sifus,

Suspension of Gen2 CPS was claimed that tuned by Lotus.
However, still encounter floating feel when go for 130km and above.
If would like to improve my car stability, should I go for front canards or lower spring?
Please advise.. Thx. :driver:
maybe go for a set of heavier rims or bigger rims

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Floating feel at high-speed?
I guess the suspension setup is too soft. Maybe, you should consider to change the spring to stiffer one. If budget permitted and can tolerate to sacrifice some comfortability, a decent set of adjustable suspension would be a good solution.

Just my 2 cent :biggrin:

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
I guess the suspension setup is too soft. Maybe, you should consider to change the spring to stiffer one. If budget permitted and can tolerate to sacrifice some comfortability, a decent set of adjustable suspension would be a good solution.

I agree with BE5RSK..
I've tried BC coilover, affordable & good performance..
@ 180km/h also no problem..
:driver:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
maybe go for a set of heavier rims or bigger rims
Existing run with CPR, is around 6kg per rim :biggrin:

My car have to carry baby, if I go to hard soft + hi-low kit, will have big impact in comfortability?

I agree with BE5RSK..
I've tried BC coilover, affordable & good performance..
@ 180km/h also no problem..
:driver:
Have baby in- car most of the time, definitely will not hit this number :listen:

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Agree with Danz.

The UR side bars, 4-point front, fender, rear strut, front strut tower, antiroll rear and front and finally a 2-point or 4-point rear.

With that many bars it'll be so heavy it'll be stable on a straight run! :biggrin:

Jokes aside, the side bar really helps with straight line performance. Don't lower the car, it'll be uncomfortable. Sometimes floaty might be an indicator of worn out springs or springs that are bottoming out. After you go over a bump, does the rear bounce a few more times instead of just one time rebound? If so it's likely you need new springs.

Last edited:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
get some stabilizer UR bars....it would help.
Agree with Danz.

The UR side bars, 4-point front, fender, rear strut, front strut tower, antiroll rear and front and finally a 2-point or 4-point rear.

With that many bars it'll be so heavy it'll be stable on a straight run! :biggrin:

Jokes aside, the side bar really helps with straight line performance. Don't lower the car, it'll be uncomfortable. Sometimes floaty might be an indicator of worn out springs or springs that are bottoming out. After you go over a bump, does the rear bounce a few more times instead of just one time rebound? If so it's likely you need new springs.
hmmm.. actually, installing of bars are in my plan as well,
target to have:
- 4 points front stage lower arm bar
- 3 points fender bar
- strut tower bar

Btw, Mid and rear lower bar arms are needed as well?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
have u tried checking your aligment (toe and camber?)

a slight negative camber helps to stabilize during highspeed

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
for high speed stability, a lot of thing u can do. but the most working step is lowered the ride height (or center of gravity). this is the most important. if u can't stand driving on lowered car, better don't drive too fast. why mercedes, bmw, audi, porsche or etc automatically lowering it ride height when it reach certain speed? to look good? hehheehe.... :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hmmm.. actually, installing of bars are in my plan as well,
target to have:
- 4 points front stage lower arm bar
- 3 points fender bar
- strut tower bar

Btw, Mid and rear lower bar arms are needed as well?
Well.. these bars in general give you cornering stability. I think the only one that helps with straight line movement is the side bars.

Check your suspension, toe, camber and alignment la

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
for high speed stability, a lot of thing u can do. but the most working step is lowered the ride height (or center of gravity). this is the most important. if u can't stand driving on lowered car, better don't drive too fast. why mercedes, bmw, audi, porsche or etc automatically lowering it ride height when it reach certain speed? to look good? hehheehe.... :biggrin:
Agree with you.
Boyzone experienced floaty ride at 130km/h, that could be caused by lifting effect of aerodynamics. Install front lip and side-skirting might help if you want to maintain stock suspension.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
Btw, put in front canards will help?
most likely it wont help much...cant depend on aerodynamic alone to stabilize the car at high speed...my best bet for getting high speed stability is suspension setup...

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
most likely it wont help much...cant depend on aerodynamic alone to stabilize the car at high speed...my best bet for getting high speed stability is suspension setup...
The main force at play during high speed is aerodynamic. If the suspension setup is lowering the height that definitely helps, otherwise it is futile when you do not have enough downforce to plant the 4 corners on the road. The idea is to minimising undercarriage pressure by diverting airflow away from the undercarriage.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello people,

I'm driving a 1.6M Hyundai getz. I have a problem.. The stock clutch slips like crazy when changing gear @ high rpm e.g. 5k and above.

Hyundai parts are hard to find, and importing a clutch kit from aussia/korea will cost ard RM1K ++

Is there any way to modify stock clutch to make it engage more agressively?

btw i stay in singapore but frequents in jb.. would like to know if ani places provides such service. Thanks guys~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience