Hicas and tyres

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
thought i'd ask around to see what tyres gtr owners run on their cars and how long between changes

Also, anyone removed Hicas? Yay or nay?

Thanks guys

russwestwood

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2006
ofloveandcarbonfibre.blogspot.com
Falken Azenis.. depends on how often and hard u drive I guess! Mine are almost due after 1 year, but need to take it to the track before binning them.. hehehe.

Dont think i'll ever remove the Hicas, but since we're on the topic, has any R34 GTR owners have a problem with Hicas when Bass Woofer is blasted loud? Ive heard it happens with R33s...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
ok, so we have the same tire. Used to have RE55S which were great in the dry were hopeless in wet weather.

Would have thought you were more a candidate for Nitto hahah

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Same tire? Mine are 275.. a little wide for my liking, tramlines quite a bit, gotta always keep them well inflated, gonna swith to 265 next time.
Sorry tyres then. Mine are 265 though. Was gonna go for 285/30s but didnt fancy Falken FK452 as I already run those on my Z33 and they are only so-so.

Might get wider rims but too attached to my forged TE37s

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
200 sets of Black LM GT4 were available sold separately to end users which 20 of them were available via the 20 units of Z-Tune.

Some of the LM GT4 may have been painted and some are original. Its hard to tell unless the information stickers are still attached to the inside of the wheel.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Is it Tire or Tyre now? Im confused.. :P
TE37s are nice.. but i really like the look of Black LMGT4s on blue beasts.. hehe.. maybe later.. too much financial comitment now!
sorry dude, im a banker.. its hard enough having to know how to count you cant expect me to spell correctly as well :biggrin:

anyways, happy with the TE37s and like you, too many financial commitments too, just took delivery of my new hse last week (well not quite cause final payment due then only its mine haha)

Liner

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Normally hicas is disabled to have better predictability. But i kept mine on all the time.

zephuros

Known Member
Apr 16, 2004
Malaysia
Don't remove the HICAS!!!!! Get it recalibrated... the main and aux position sensors on the rear steering rack should be adjusted to read 2.4V. Do this and you'll find that the HICAS works really well!

A voltmeter and some crawling under the car should sort this out for you... better if you can get hold of a Consult handheld...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

TGR Street Race to hit Terengganu first weekend of August for Season 2!

After a sensational first season of Toyota's Gazoo Racing Festival, the much celebrated Street Circuit Racing series now moves into its latest season 2, with 2 new racing venues to be expected this year...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience