Hi people, I jumped from lowyat to here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Depends brother. Lower end where got much safety features added??
Just buy Kelisa. Easy to park, easy to drive, good fc and easy to maintain. Lots of parts to mod.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Kelisa stop production dy, Easy to find 2nd Hand?
2nd hand lots of them actually. Some are still in good condition like mine haha! But will never sell it haha!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
New car also faster than the equivalent old car.
New Proton Saga is faster than old Proton Saga
etc. etc.

Faster not necessarily good, could mean faster into the divider.
So, what you're saying is new cars are faster = more dangerous. Older cars slower = less dangerous?

Depends brother. Lower end where got much safety features added??
If like that, better make sure to improve your own driving skills to reduce the chances of getting into an accident. People during the olden days can live without many of these. Sometimes I think if overly dependent on electronic assists is not really a good thing like 100% depend on reverse sensors or cameras to park a car. Sure, it is easier but what if one day you are told to drive a car without those electronics or the sensors/camera in your car had broke down. Don't tell me that the car cannot be driven anymore because these assisting electronics are not there.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So, what you're saying is new cars are faster = more dangerous. Older cars slower = less dangerous?

If like that, better make sure to improve your own driving skills to reduce the chances of getting into an accident. People during the olden days can live without many of these. Sometimes I think if overly dependent on electronic assists is not really a good thing like 100% depend on reverse sensors or cameras to park a car. Sure, it is easier but what if one day you are told to drive a car without those electronics or the sensors/camera in your car had broke down. Don't tell me that the car cannot be driven anymore because these assisting electronics are not there.
Maybe new drivers thinks with all the electronics they are safe to speed, and end up more accidents nowadays.....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Me no. My fish and deer, both depends on driver. Yet fish controls like it has traction control haha!

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Maybe new drivers thinks with all the electronics they are safe to speed, and end up more accidents nowadays.....:banghead:
Stop Viva/Myvi production then less accidents.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I don't see the point in doing that. Last two years ago already proven at Kuantan with that 2 R35 crash. We all know R35 is highly computerized with the ECU controlling things like suspension and all that. But still crashed at the end due to lost control. If something like R35 can lost control, those usual budget or common cars no need to say already. :biggrin:

Me no. My fish and deer, both depends on driver. Yet fish controls like it has traction control haha!

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Stop Viva/Myvi production then less accidents.
Your fish no power steering right? Eh, learn manual also then got one more skill. :biggrin:

Viva for city driving only then maybe okay. Better not exceed anything more than 80kmh if the car is stock. :rofl:

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
I don't see the point in doing that. Last two years ago already proven at Kuantan with that 2 R35 crash. We all know R35 is highly computerized with the ECU controlling things like suspension and all that. But still crashed at the end due to lost control. If something like R35 can lost control, those usual budget or common cars no need to say already. :biggrin:

Your fish no power steering right? Eh, learn manual also then got one more skill. :biggrin:

Viva for city driving only then maybe okay. Better not exceed anything more than 80kmh if the car is stock. :rofl:

My friend.. E-aids is to correct 'slips' not preventing an accident. Any sport/super cars is not build for safety purpose :rock:

Just like the misconception of 4wd, it's easier to gain traction, not more stable during cornering.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Kelisa 120km/h still stable :biggrin: Stock. Oh Kelisa got power steering. The real old skool car is the Deer...no power steering..nothing...aircond also cannot adjust temperature. Only can select eco or normal mode for air cond haha!

If only the air cond switch is for performance. ECO or Sport Mode :laugh:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
My friend.. E-aids is to correct 'slips' not preventing an accident. Any sport/super cars is not build for safety purpose :rock:

Just like the misconception of 4wd, it's easier to gain traction, not more stable during cornering.
I din't say it was to prevent accident. What I meant was, even with so much electronics to aid stability and increase traction, accidents due to lost control can still happen easily.

Kelisa 120km/h still stable :biggrin: Stock. Oh Kelisa got power steering. The real old skool car is the Deer...no power steering..nothing...aircond also cannot adjust temperature. Only can select eco or normal mode for air cond haha!

If only the air cond switch is for performance. ECO or Sport Mode :laugh:
I thought Kelisa don't have power steering as I know someone is using auto Kelisa but without power steering.

Deer can't even adjust temperature? Sounds quite bad.

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

Driver problem. Definitely driver problem.

Send from my ME173X using Tapatalk

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Basic, basic, basic model.......:biggrin:
Lowest spec? Like those in car learning centres?

Driver problem. Definitely driver problem.

Send from my ME173X using Tapatalk
Definitely. At the end, it all comes down to this, the driver itself. No matter how sophisticated the electronics and safety features are inside a car, if the driver is stupid, accidents still can happen. Unless you are saying about those new auto driving cars. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Castrol, the proud sponsor of the UEFA EURO 2012 tournament just concluded their first phase of their "Castrol Ada Kick" contest where thousand of participants have been filtered down to a final 20 in order to do battle in the next phase, just to stand a chance to win an all-expense paid dream trip to watch the UEFA EURO 2012 live in Poland in June 2012!

<!--more-->Designed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience