hi guys just bought an altezza

bollinger

Jul 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sxe version , anyway i plan to transplant 1jz with smaller single turbo / 3s-ge 4 trottle ? or 3sge bolt on turbo ? i was wondering which one would be more advisable ? i dont plan to go fast on hiway , just want a nice setup for genting hill road drive . thanks

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If you don't want to go fast on highway, 3SGE + turbo sounds reasonable. The larger displacement of the 1JZ makes it formidable for highways.

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
i dont plan to go fast on hiway , just want a nice setup for genting hill road drive . thanks
Since you are not into top speed on the hway and only looking at some up hill "touge" drive...I would suggest that you stick to a 6MT NA configuration with some exhaust and ECU mods plus a good set of adjustable absorbers, aftermart antiroll bars, a good set of front brake disc and pads...and go from there.
No point rushing in without actually testing your car in NA mode first. This will help you from wasting money on something you might regret later.
Most of us that does hill climb to genting are 6MT NA Altezza..and we always end up having loads of fun driving up and down. Just my opinion though.....

bollinger

Jul 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thats what i tought also , anyway i just got my altezza yesterday . lol i was thinking of bolt on small turbo with with ecu setting it at 4k rpm instead of doing na mods which might cost a bomb . or should i maintain na for quick respond for genting drive ?

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Congrats and enjoy your ride bollinger :biggrin:

Still settling out my priorities first before getting a tezza. Seems like nowadays tezza are slowly disappearing in car sales websites lol. What year is your tezza and how much you got it? If you didn't buy cash, what bank you manage to get the loan? sorry for asking and diverting a bit from the originally asked hahaha...

Even though I don't own a tezza (hopefully one day. Been dreaming of owning it since 1999 lol) and the temptation of putting a 1jz in it, I do agree that you should utilize the current engine first before thinking of putting a 1JZ. Get to know the car and engine characteristics, its strengths and weakness.

If I may ask further, how frequent you will be driving your tezza to genting? Every day? Every week? A few times a month? Or once a month?

By the way, those who drove the 6MT, did you guys originally purchased the 6mt or did a conversion of AT to 6mt? just wondering.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Congrats and enjoy your ride bollinger :biggrin:

Still settling out my priorities first before getting a tezza. Seems like nowadays tezza are slowly disappearing in car sales websites lol. What year is your tezza and how much you got it? If you didn't buy cash, what bank you manage to get the loan? sorry for asking and diverting a bit from the originally asked hahaha...

Even though I don't own a tezza (hopefully one day. Been dreaming of owning it since 1999 lol) and the temptation of putting a 1jz in it, I do agree that you should utilize the current engine first before thinking of putting a 1JZ. Get to know the car and engine characteristics, its strengths and weakness.

If I may ask further, how frequent you will be driving your tezza to genting? Every day? Every week? A few times a month? Or once a month?

By the way, those who drove the 6MT, did you guys originally purchased the 6mt or did a conversion of AT to 6mt? just wondering.
Nowadays altezza owner appreciate the car more, hence decided to keep it and not selling it.
hahaha... right or not all the Altezza Taikos ?

1JZ or not, some say good, some would advise you to avoid.
it just your preferences.

On your 6MT question, some are stock 6mt, some are converted. either way, it does not matter.
you will not get big issues on 5AT to 6MT, be it the processes or the result.
Due to some degree of power lost on torque converter of 5AT, i do reckon that 6MT power delivery is 'quicker' .. perhaps gear ratio and the limit by 5AT autobox-ecu factor to that.

bollinger

Jul 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i paid cash rm 50k no loans ( tired of loans de , pay pay pay at the end of the day car depreciate and u get nothing back ) , really good deal i tot of looking around but when i saw this altezza and it's superb condition with price tag of 50k otr next day buy de lu .

anyways to all taikos here , i've changed engine oil 5L 5w40 , gear box oil , power steering oil , lsd oil , air filter , spark plug denso ik20 . what else m i missing ?

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

next servicing list
1) all the belts belts thingy .... going 100k km de
2) clean injectors
3) some one told me bout changing the fuel filter thingy ( is it necessary ?)
4) decarbon and replace oil seals ( or should i wait till it leak oil ?)

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

oh yeah one more thing i suspect my exhaust sensor is damaged . is there a place i can buy one ?

mrs88

Dec 25, 2006
Wow..spend a lot 2 ah...

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Me 2 a fan of tezza"...loves her tail lamp...so Japanese..

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Welcome to the club.... Pls do join the FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/74645600649/?ref=ts&fref=ts

This coming Saturday the Altezza Guys will be in Sepang 9am-11am... Do come if you want to meet the kakis.... Doing a phootshoot as well...

:biggrin:

To answer some of of the questions raised:

1) Drive the car for a while then decide what is your need... 3S Turbo, 1J, 2J, 1UZ etc...
2) Many have converted from 5AT to 6MT...without any issue...
3) Many owner choose to keep the car.. FR layout with decent power and fuel economy
reasonable maintenance cost and practical 4 door. Beside there is no similar characteristic car in market.
The abundance of used parts also another reason people keep the car.
4) Make sure you clean the throttle body and MAF Sensor.
5) Change the fuel filter. Flush the radiator.
6) Exhaust sensor... I am assuming 02 sensor rite.... Get it from ST Auto or Wing Hin..
7) 6MT has enough poke with Panel Filter, Exhaust(Extractor and muffler) and ECU mod...
Spend ur money on handling(coilover & anti roll bars) + Rim (wider width\offset) +
Tyre (around 200 threadwear) .

Come and speak to people on the trackday to learn more... :biggrin:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My bonet got some stain like super glue, and I can't wash it off. It sticks and I am having a headache.

I think it's from the trees or some plants...anyone know how I can clean it off without scratching my car or pouring acid ?

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience