Hi from Kajang, Selangor. Newbie with a Satria 4G92 SOHC.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
He coming to us ma. :biggrin:
Yes, but must think of others also.
Maybe first tt in KL, but sometimes got to hold in Mentakab, right?:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Sunday Breakfast convoy to Mentakab, ikan patin lunch treat by John!
Now, You are talking, second this.......hahahahaha:rofl:

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
bugger!! that post was for tingtk23 ma since he is here in temerloh.:banghead:
anyway, you guys come oso can come wat. i treat ABC only lar:rofl:
then i can steal all of the sifu's knowledge in car oso:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Excessive turbo pressure if you mean over the boost level goes out the waste gate. If you mean on deceleration then it actually also releases the pressure thru' the waste gate, but since most want to hear the pssst pssst, then they install the blow valve....
I want to ask one question, does the wastegate produce any sound like BOV? Sorry for asking such question... I still have a lot more to learn..

let go out for TT la, i'm in mentakab ma.
I just got to know a new classmate from mentakab. According to my classmate, the journey from mentakab to where I am now will take 5 hours if travel by car. :banghead:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I want to ask one question, does the wastegate produce any sound like BOV? Sorry for asking such question... I still have a lot more to learn..

I just got to know a new classmate from mentakab. According to my classmate, the journey from mentakab to where I am now will take 5 hours if travel by car. :banghead:
Wastegate no sound if I rmbr correctly.
Normally when U hear FI cars decelerate, they will make 'chu chu' or psst sound, thats BOV.

Ultimate Turbo and Blow Off Valve Sounds - YouTube

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Normally when U hear FI cars decelerate, they will make 'chu chu' or psst sound, thats BOV.

Ultimate Turbo and Blow Off Valve Sounds - YouTube
I know about blow off valve but I'm just not too sure of how wastegate works. And some turbo cars I saw at street, they have a trumpet-like thing protruding out infront of their bumpers. Is that the wastegate?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur

Ipoh-Mentakab is 3.5hrs only if you don't travel in a Kancil.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I know about blow off valve but I'm just not too sure of how wastegate works. And some turbo cars I saw at street, they have a trumpet-like thing protruding out infront of their bumpers. Is that the wastegate?
Bumpers? Post a pic? I have no idea what are u talking about without a pic.
A wastegate is the pressure controller. Some are electronically adjust.
Main purpose is to regulate boost pressure.
Normal wastegates came with the Turbo itself.
U should watch MightyCarMods on YouTube. They explains a lot of things. "Chu chu" FTW!\

A better explanation:

Wastegates bypass exhaust around the turbo bades so that the turbo will hold at a certain psi (say like 15 psi). The wastegate opens and closes to bypass more or less air to keep the psi the same.

Blow off valves open up when you close the throttle body (let off the gas peddel) to "blow off" the psi that has built up in the system. Otherwise the pressure build up would get so great that the turbo could no longer support the psi that has built up and the air would push it's way backwards threw the turbo exiting out you air filter. If that does happen is does several thing, 1) is can shatter/break you compressor fins on the tubo or break the shaft in the turbo 2) cause reversion where the turbo starts to push air into the exhuast and suck it out of the intake 3) makes your turbo very "laggy" this is because the turbo has to start spinning for 0 rpm again. A BOV when it releases the pressure will allow the turbo to continue spinning in the same direction and take the big pressure load off of it, this is much easier on the turbo itself and also helps you spool up faster once you step on the gas again.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
bugger!! that post was for tingtk23 ma since he is here in temerloh.:banghead:
anyway, you guys come oso can come wat. i treat ABC only lar:rofl:
then i can steal all of the sifu's knowledge in car oso:biggrin:
I know the famous ABC is in Bentong not Mentakab.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Waste gate no sound because it releases the pressure back into the system. BOV releases out to atmosphere...

From KL to Mentakab not that far,,,,:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

F1 now got no turbo why got BOV?

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Trumpet? For Air suction?

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Waste gate no sound because it releases the pressure back into the system. BOV releases out to atmosphere...

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I think he mean't Fi not F1. HAHA! From reading and watching MIGHTY CAR MODS video on BOV, I have learn't that the BOV has its function. A properly set up BOV can actually maintain a certain of pressure in the system so that the turbo spools up faster causing less lag. A factory one kind a just releases everything which means the turbo has to start spooling from a lower pressure, the BOV controls the amount of pressure is let go to prevent massive turbo lag. Sifu sifu correct me if I am wrong >.< I just compile information from the internet one XD

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bumpers? Post a pic? I have no idea what are u talking about without a pic.
A wastegate is the pressure controller. Some are electronically adjust.
Main purpose is to regulate boost pressure.
Normal wastegates came with the Turbo itself.
U should watch MightyCarMods on YouTube. They explains a lot of things. "Chu chu" FTW!\

A better explanation:
I don't have a pic of it. I just often saw one Kancil turbo with a large intercooler. Beside the intercooler, there is a round hole like exhaust and I am not too sure one is it. It's not the intercooler piping.

He meant FI for forced induction. At first I am also scratching my head for thinking it is F1. LOL

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I don't have a pic of it. I just often saw one Kancil turbo with a large intercooler. Beside the intercooler, there is a round hole like exhaust and I am not too sure one is it. It's not the intercooler piping.

He meant FI for forced induction. At first I am also scratching my head for thinking it is F1. LOL
FI FI FI! Hahahahhaa. Oh that's CAI bro. Cold Air Intake. Its just the normal air intake but the divert the hose to take on outside air, not in the engine bay air(hot air ma, not good for performance).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was really upset when I see my Nissan Sentra roofing started got rust,it form a small bubbles(pimpers) shape like before got rust water came out from under the coated paint....Does anybody know how to get it fix?..Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience