Hi everybody, I'm new here...

vincentho

Feb 8, 2007
Hello to all sifu here, I'm Vincent, mid 30, married with 1 kid. Just joined this MR2 club and reported here as a newbies :)

I'm been thinking so long to get a MR2, thus wishing to get more info before I make my move to get one...

I see a blue veilside yr91 which the owner upgraded the engine from NA to turbo, asking 42k, wonder is it a good buy???

Hope to get more feedback and advice from all sifu here... thanks!

max3821

Known Member
Jul 23, 2008
MR2 turbo 225 or 245?? i think the price not bad lor,coz i buy NA oso 33k,but my car too many problem,repair n modify abit already 22k,so u have to check 1st lar,see the car got acident serious before anot:nurse:

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
vincentho, max is right. the big issue is getting a good car right off the start. 42k is acceptable, but make sure the car is well kept and not having issues already. Your repair bill can get pretty hefty if you don't know where to go and who to buy parts form or buy a lemon of a car.

Fortunately there is a supportive club for MR2. We meet almost every week in Aman Suria (PJ) and everyone is glad to share and help each other out. This will help you save time and money.

Welcome to the MR2 world!

P/s Take you time to search, don’t be penny wise pound foolish and meet the drivers of the MR2 club before purchasing your future car. Many of us are married old man so don’t worry about the age gap :P

lil_piggy2

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Yeah.... take your time and buy man... 42k is ok pricing if its complete with the veilside kit lar... hows the body??? paintjob?? good?... lol... most important is actually any potential probs u can find... like lose body panels... etc etc... as iexit has advised me before.. make sure u take out the spare wheel to look under to see if any accident scars on it or not.. Tom's or MR2Mic are 2 very helpful member here that knows almost every MR2 for sale... they help my find my MR2 wan mar

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi Vince, 42k with upgraded motor seems OK. I paid lot more than that and added alot more to upkeep. MR2 is a collector item now so either you love it or hate it. Welcome to the club.:biggrin:Enjoy the ups & downs together.:hmmmm:

vincentho

Feb 8, 2007
thanks for all the warm welcome... actually i get to know this family tru a fren of mine, sivaworld, haha... he just got his new ride, drove out n shown to me last everning, when for a spin as well... feel great :)

he bring me to ah kang shop at sunway yesterday, so, if the car is ok, will bring to ah kang shop for him to do inspection somewhere next week. btw, i haven't seen the car yet, have arrange the appointment this coming sunday, hope it will be a good one... hihi...

eh... what the different between turbo 225 & 245 r? really paiseh to ask... hihi...

anyway, there lots more to learn in this MR2 world, wish to meet u all soon, cheers ya, have a good day all... :p

Last edited:

Ashburton

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
the metalic blue veilside MR2 must be Kim Leng's car... its a good car.

vincentho

Feb 8, 2007
yupe, the owner is Kim Leng, i talk with him over the phone d, nice person... so, he is a member from the club as well? Any comment on the ride? Can't wait to see the car this sunday... hihi...

vincentho

Feb 8, 2007
yupe, the owner is Kim Leng, i spoke with him over the phone, nice person... is he a member in the club? any comment on his ride?

lil_piggy2

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
225 and 245 is the Horsepower of the car... 225 is the older generation engine, where else the 245 is the upgraded engine.... its probably the same engine as the Toyota Caldina now(not too sure.. only guessing since its the same engine model and same horse power).

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
piggy, not the same loh...

vince, there are plenty of difference between both engines, but too lengthy to mention. Just know that the 245 is better in almost every way except for price ;-P

Join us for TT this friday we can discuss more :-)

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Welcome aboard vincent....yeah join us for TT this Friday, you will get to see all the wonderful cars there.

I'm still searching for my rims, bodykit and CF's once done of to a much needed paint job hehehe

vincentho

Feb 8, 2007
hahaha... siva bro, at least u r a happy man doing all those hassle searching ma... fast fast mod 99 ur car la, then can bring out everyday liao lor... hihi

This friday nite r, not sure yet leh, if free sure will drop by TT :p

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
ask the seller to bring out the car friday nite....we all bring torchlight help u check out the car.....wanna see another veilslide mr2 too.....hahhaahah

soff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
ask the seller to bring out the car friday nite....we all bring torchlight help u check out the car.....wanna see another veilslide mr2 too.....hahhaahah
Yes you will get more accurate assessment with so much experience around

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello ZTHian ,

This question is kinda general but i've searched using the search function but my answer never came out . So i decided to open a new thread about it .

Actually i want to know -

How to diffrenciate between MMC Ecu and Siemens ECU for SATRIA GTi . Coz im planning to get one ASAP .

If i want to buy a GTi , which ECU produces more power for stock GTi .

And which one more easy to mod without any hassle ? sorry for asking that much and thanx in advance .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience