Help with C56 LSD?

guile_mrd

Apr 25, 2010
Amman - Jordan
I want to replace the C52 that i have with a C56 LSD and I need help with the following questions:

1- how can i tell if the C56 have LSD or not? i tried placing the two axels and move one while holding the other and both of them moved in the same direction, does that mean that it's LSD?

2- which oil should i use for the C56 LSD and how much oil do i need to fill it?

3- the C52 gear ration is very long, 1st 80KPH, 2nd 120KPH, 3rd 180KPH (4th and 5th I don't know since my car max speed is only 180KPH) , what's the speeds for the C56 LSD 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear?

4- do i need to replace any other parts (axels, clutch .. etc) for the C56 LSD?

5- There's a flywheel with the C56 LSD that might be lighter than the OEM BT flywheel, is it better to have a lighter flywheel? the OEM BT flywheel is around 6KG if this one is 5GK or less, should I use it or keep the OEM one?

6- Is there a noise for the C56 LSD even if i use the proper LSD oil? is it a loud noise? is there any video that shows what's the normal C56 LSD noise?

thanks for your help,

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
I want to replace the C52 that i have with a C56 LSD and I need help with the following questions:

1- how can i tell if the C56 have LSD or not? i tried placing the two axels and move one while holding the other and both of them moved in the same direction, does that mean that it's LSD?

2- which oil should i use for the C56 LSD and how much oil do i need to fill it?

3- the C52 gear ration is very long, 1st 80KPH, 2nd 120KPH, 3rd 180KPH (4th and 5th I don't know since my car max speed is only 180KPH) , what's the speeds for the C56 LSD 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear?

4- do i need to replace any other parts (axels, clutch .. etc) for the C56 LSD?

5- There's a flywheel with the C56 LSD that might be lighter than the OEM BT flywheel, is it better to have a lighter flywheel? the OEM BT flywheel is around 6KG if this one is 5GK or less, should I use it or keep the OEM one?

6- Is there a noise for the C56 LSD even if i use the proper LSD oil? is it a loud noise? is there any video that shows what's the normal C56 LSD noise?

thanks for your help,
1- Most probaly yes! Either 1.5way or 2way(some called full-lock).

2- Use only those indicate comparable to Limited Slip Differential(LSD) on box or btl.

3- A 5-Speed Manual Transmission for FWD and mid-engine cars.

Gear ratios for this transmission.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Reverse Final
3.166 1.904 1.392 1.031 0.815 3.250 4.312

Differential Options:

C56-01A: Open Differential
C56-01B: Limited Slip Differential (LSD)

4- usually only those driveshaft seal... check with ur mech.

5- All depend on ur habit, lighter= good for high rev but no torque.

6- Depend too, vibration sure got! cause LSD will force another wheel to spin together. Video... go Google lah:driver:

guile_mrd

Apr 25, 2010
Amman - Jordan
Thanks for your response, how can i convert the gear ratios into actual speed for each gear in KPH? , we don't have a lot of options for LSD Oil here in Jordan ... can i use Liqui Moly (GL 5) LS SAE 85 W-90 for it ?

The LSD noise that i'm asking about is the one that happen when you make a U turn, is this noise normal even with proper LSD oil?

Last edited:

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Hi. Just to let you know that only clutch type LSD requires LSD fluid in it. Helical or gear type LSD only requires normal transmission fluid.Iin many cases, like Toyota S54 Helical LSD found in the ST202 Celica and SW20 MR2, using LSD gear fluid will cause a clunking noise wheareas there will be no noise at all using normal transmission fluid ( it is stated in the user manual that it requires 75W90 GL-4 fluid ) .. so maybe you should not use LSD fluid in your gear type LSD :)

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
the clunking sound is depend on what type of lsd u are using...

guile_mrd

Apr 25, 2010
Amman - Jordan
Hi. Just to let you know that only clutch type LSD requires LSD fluid in it. Helical or gear type LSD only requires normal transmission fluid.Iin many cases, like Toyota S54 Helical LSD found in the ST202 Celica and SW20 MR2, using LSD gear fluid will cause a clunking noise wheareas there will be no noise at all using normal transmission fluid ( it is stated in the user manual that it requires 75W90 GL-4 fluid ) .. so maybe you should not use LSD fluid in your gear type LSD :)

how can i be sure which oil is the correct one for the C56 LSD? can anyone who has a C56 LSD share some info about that? some posts about LSD gearbox say that using normal gearbox oil with LSD gearbox can damage it!

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Hi, hope this can help. U may search on the bottle, boxes or catalog for specification.

*Specification taken from VOLTRONIC 75W90 HCLS Fully Synthetic:)

So u may use it with/without LSD! Hassle free!!

Attachments

Last edited:

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
how can i be sure which oil is the correct one for the C56 LSD? can anyone who has a C56 LSD share some info about that? some posts about LSD gearbox say that using normal gearbox oil with LSD gearbox can damage it!
Unless you're using a clutch type LSD which requires friction modifier substance in the transmission fluid, else you will be needing only normal transmission fluid for gear type/helical/torsen LSD.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i got this tip from a police friend this morning......

an ops being conducted with police and jpj

to crack down iligal car mod and racing....

is just launched secretly a week ago.....

so those who are coming to sungi besi ,upm,seri kembangan ,serdang area....

be careful....my friends wira/vr4 was caught yesterday night.....

it seem that thay are not setting up road blocks but......

undercover in normal cars thay aprouch u from behind and block your car in the front....

my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience