HELP!!! My MRS gearbox problem~

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!

My car now have this warning light...i know is about gearbox problem
but i hv check my gear oil is ok...so who can help me know about this problem??
the problem now is sometime when i masuk "R" or "gear 1-5" is without any function,no running at all...jz the "N" led light is bling it only~

Ya,my MRS is "auto-tiptronic" midship runabout~

or who can help which workshop is more pro for MRS??

Thx...Thx...Super thx x100000000 !!!!

jsboy

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
selangor
HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!

My car now have this warning light...i know is about gearbox problem
but i hv check my gear oil is ok...so who can help me know about this problem??
the problem now is sometime when i masuk "R" or "gear 1-5" is without any function,no running at all...jz the "N" led light is bling it only~

Ya,my MRS is "auto-tiptronic" midship runabout~

or who can help which workshop is more pro for MRS??

Thx...Thx...Super thx x100000000 !!!!

have u try 2 diagnose on the ecu anot?
maybe is the sensor problem
normal workshop mostly got the diagnosis cpu 2 check 1

Last edited:

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
Oh...some ppl tell me also mb is the sensor problem.
The sensor if change new around how much u know??

Thx...:adore::adore::adore:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
get to a proper mechanic shop to look into your SMT. hopefully only need to top up your SMT oil. worse senario is the accuator is leaking. only complete remedy is to change the whole unit. (for long term problem solution) Can't repair the unit as its built in germany (LUK) for toyota. (same supplier as BMW SMG).

O2 sensors fault is CEL (check engine light) that comes one. your attached image is not CEL.
sorry.

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
Ya~the O2 sensor i already change it not longer.
tat mean if accuator leaking,need to change a whole gearbox??:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Market now can get recond manul gearbox fullset??Around wat price??:adore:

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Ya~the O2 sensor i already change it not longer.
tat mean if accuator leaking,need to change a whole gearbox??:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Market now can get recond manul gearbox fullset??Around wat price??:adore:
go around to get quote. though i can put an estimate (be prepared to fall off your chair).
another long term solution is to opt to go manual. there are 6 malaysian MR-S who has opted to this route. Others did change to new SMT accuator. a used accuator isnt the best long -term option. it might help temp. repairing your current SMT is possible, depending on severity of fault (minor leak hence not adequate pressure to change gear) & usually short term but try this first.

unfortunately both solutions (new SMT or going manual) is still $$$$$.

Last edited:

David_KIA-Racing

3,000 RPM
Feb 15, 2005
Pahang~KL
www.mynazakia.com
My fren told me mb is my clutch problem or mb is hydraulic auto clutch petal...izzit got this problem for SMT user??
How kilometer need to changing the clutch and using wat gear oil for SMT??

Thx...

ashcool

Jan 23, 2006
I happen to experience this too.

1) It might be the SMT problem. Your solenoid might have ran out. Thus, you need to change the whole set. I have surveyed all lot of places around KL and the cheapest you can get is through Wing Hin. The price not including shipment maybe around 5.5k.

2) Try go to a Toyota mechanic and check using the computer. It might also be you ECU problem.

Hope your problem is no that too deep.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
as explained to david via pm.

the problem as in most SMT owners dont know SMT oil is different from gear oil.
i suppose its because they been drummed that SMT=tiptronic=quasi Auto. which is not.

ashcool

Jan 23, 2006
True, so dont just go to any workshop and ask them to top up your SMT gear oil (:.

Cars

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
Actually I very curious to know is it MRS SMT gear box are so problematic? I planning to get a MRS and I so worry about the gear box. Btw, hope that David_KIA-Racing get to solve the this problem asap. :wavey:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Actually I very curious to know is it MRS SMT gear box are so problematic? I planning to get a MRS and I so worry about the gear box. Btw, hope that David_KIA-Racing get to solve the this problem asap. :wavey:
most importantly is know what one is buying. alot of saleman DONT know the jack difference SMT/tipronic/auto. they only confuse potential buyers. hence the problem, also with half pass 6 mechanics of todays electronics.

problematic? no if you sent & make sure regular check ups AND dont use wrong oil. mechanical parts are wear & tear. End of life, change them ; can be serviced , service it.

SMT = sequential manaul transmission ; meaning its a manual car WITH hydraulic accuator to change the gears. Changing gears are still from the driver via the shift or the pedal. There is NO auto ie it doesnt change/upshift gear by itself.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience