help me

Devilprince

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
hi guys,

it may sound stupid but i've to admit that im a noob in these area and need your advice.

i have a budget around 30K max toget a good car. some of the car i'm currently considering is Honda Prelude 2.2 VTeC, Honda EJ, and proton perdana.

just a couple of question, how was vtec 2.2 fuel consumption? is the spare part hard to get? expensive? gearbox ok compare to perdana?

i like prelude but im open to any suggestion for now. please advise me. i need help by this week before i made my decision.

thanks.

Devilprince

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
honda prelude 2.2VteC.. thats why i ask if you have experience of having this car. what kind of normal problem do u have..?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
dont drive a prelude but in general...honda's have pretty high maintenance costs and the older it gets, the harder it gets to maintain in terms of costs n parts availability.

the prelude is also quite rare but i think the engine parts should be ok. the EJ is newer but i've heard suspension parts are a bomb.

cheapest to maintain would be the perdana. lots of halfcuts and u got the almighty 6a12tt! just ask DanzEterna or go to the PPC thread n ask them...not many prelude owners here n none that i know off so cant help in recommending u to owners for their opinion.

Devilprince

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
thanks bro. if others have opinion let me know ok? ASAP. thanks.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I drive an EJ7. Just got it this earlier this year. Spend quite a bit in maintenance (and upgrade/modification :wink:) after purchasing the car but now it's running smoothly. There's abundant spare parts available for this model, original (best to avoid unless U have deep pockets) halfcuts or Thailand OEM. I always chose Thailand OEM bcoz the quality is not far off from original (Japan) and the price is 1/3 only. FC is not bad too for a 1.6l car, RM70 can get me 500km (25% town/75% highway).

Flam3s

Oct 1, 2010
PENANG
Just talked with my fren who owns a prelude.. Full tank RM100+ can travel around 400km..

I'm in same dilemma as you..:bawling:

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Just talked with my fren who owns a prelude.. Full tank RM100+ can travel around 400km..

I'm in same dilemma as you..:bawling:
How much is your budget? You can always get a DC2 or cars in that range.
I was in your shoes and buying a Prelude a few years ago. But I bought other car instead.
Let me know if you need more guideline. I'm from Penang too.

Flam3s

Oct 1, 2010
PENANG
How much is your budget? You can always get a DC2 or cars in that range.
I was in your shoes and buying a Prelude a few years ago. But I bought other car instead.
Let me know if you need more guideline. I'm from Penang too.
My budget is around 40k.. i've some choice in my mind but just thinking prelude is cheaper..
What car you get in the end?
Mostly of the ppl worried for the used car are maintanance, spare parts and fuel consumption..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
My budget is around 40k.. i've some choice in my mind but just thinking prelude is cheaper..
Mostly of the ppl worried for the used car are maintanance, spare parts and fuel consumption..
i say DC2 better than prelude mainly coz of maintenance is cheaper in general for the parts
but actually its beats the prelude even in speed and handling and not to mention the looks that can kill
but anyways the looks part is pretty objective coz many people will have different opinions
oh yeah and the b18cr got lots of performance parts for upgrade :biggrin:

Flam3s

Oct 1, 2010
PENANG
i say DC2 better than prelude mainly coz of maintenance is cheaper in general for the parts
but actually its beats the prelude even in speed and handling and not to mention the looks that can kill
but anyways the looks part is pretty objective coz many people will have different opinions
oh yeah and the b18cr got lots of performance parts for upgrade :biggrin:
yea.. depends on which car i could get 1st..
the price is stightly higher than prelude, but if i found a nice DC2 within my budget i'll consider it..
it's kinda hard to find a nice 1 without moded..
but i'm still prefer FTO anyway..

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i agree on the idea of the DC2. it'll turn more heads compared to the prelude. here's another option. a delsol is also within that price range. i just saw an orange one going for bout 35k the other day. pros - B16a manual is always fun to drive while still being a very frugal FC car. extreme head turner. spare parts are abundant for the front end; different story altogether for the back end. is a transtop(means electronic hardtop; but operating it is complex. i counted at least 7 steps just to get the roof either up or down.) cons - 2 seater only. very little luggage space after the roof goes down. is at least 15 years old this year...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
I preffer the prelude though. Its always overlooked compared to the integra... would be nice to see a prelude for a change haha :love:

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
What about a Celica with Turbo engine? 1litre = 10km in normal drive.
pm me so that I can hook you up in the scene.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

yea.. depends on which car i could get 1st..
the price is stightly higher than prelude, but if i found a nice DC2 within my budget i'll consider it..
it's kinda hard to find a nice 1 without moded..
but i'm still prefer FTO anyway..
Don't even think about FTO.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if u planning to stay single for a couple of yrs...
y not go for a sports car of 2 door cars.....
fiat coupe 16VT, bout rm30k.
satria gti with evo 3 engine
or satria neo wid evo4 engine ...
honda EG / DC2

if getting married soon
perdana with 6a12tt or 4g63T engine with manual tranny.
cefiro with rb20 dett

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

One of my favourite jobs is headlamp restoration. Though it is hardwork and time consuming sanding with precision, the small area of work allows for undivided attention to perfect the process.

Headlamps turn yellow with age due to deterioration by the sun's UV rays. This is especially severe for most JDM and euro cars. This not only spoils the look of the car, but also reduces light output.

This time, the Evolution VIII MR

Note the blurriness and lack of clarity of the headlamp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience