Help! HICAS Boss - Part Number?

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
My 4 wheel steering (HICAS) is not functioning due to broken wires in the Boss kit (between the steering wheel and dashboard). I tried to fix it but failed. :sad_smile:

Also my horn and the +/- shift level knob are not working at all. HICAS and Airbag warning light comes ON.

Is this thing called HICAS Boss kit? and I do need the part number very urgent. Anyone could help very appreciate.

Oh yea it is for R34 GTT (M-ATx) facelift model (08/2000).

Million Thanks in advance.

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Anyone here got nissan OEM part number catalogue? or any web links???

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
RERider, NISMO made a HICAS Boss kit (Part No. 48416-RS020) but will not be useable if yours is a M-ATx transmission.

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
V-Spec- Bro, many thanks for the info.

Is it safe to drive the vehicle? What I feel is the steering now is a little bit hard. Are those wheels back to normal position? :confused_smile: Worry abt safety if those wheels out of range...

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
This is a good question.

With aftermarket steering like Momo etc, most installers would use HKB boss-kit (coz Momo does not make for Skylines). Would that have an effect, or a different boss kit for Skylines with HICAS (and airbag)? What are your thoughts, or recommendation?

Appreciate in advance.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
RERider, have you checked your Power Steering Fluid Level? Low levels will light up the HICAS warning light too.

If all else fails, get a Tomei Lock kit. :_:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
V-Spec said:
RERider, have you checked your Power Steering Fluid Level? Low levels will light up the HICAS warning light too.

If all else fails, get a Tomei Lock kit. :_:

Plus there is some sort of HICAS sensor at the bottom column ... You may want to clean that out too ... :shades_smile:

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
V-Spec- I did checked the PS fluid level. It is fine. Will check the sensor next. Cheers bro.

eyong- U still can use an aftermarket boss kit, but make sure u attach with the original HICAS boss too. Ur HICAS light will come ON after 5 mins of driving if u didnt do so.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Thanks RERider ... So I understand that the aftermarket boss kit has no specific wiring onto the HICAS unit/wiring.

Appreciate your help very much ...

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
There was a broken wiring harness (very thin & flat) inside the HICAS Boss when I took out. It is impossible to fix it back.

I dont know whether I'm running on a 2 wheel steer now or 4 wheel steer since I took out the whole HICAS boss kit. The HICAS light comes ON after 5 mins of ignition or after driving a long straight road. Does it safe running it without the HICAS boss kit?

Anyone could help me to find the part number? anyone know is there any chopshops selling R34's halfcut?

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Pic

The pic shown the HICAS Boss kit that I've been looking for. The one on left is the Tiptronic type and the right one is Manual type. The difference between manual and tiptronic are the socket (red circle). I need to know the OEM part number for tiptronic ASAP. Anyone?

Last edited:

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
e-yong- Thanks for ur free bump.

ANyone?

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Dino- any news from SG?

Tom - any luck?

Cheersm8.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan latest compact release? This has not been official yet but these pics are circulating around the world of email and just post here to share with you.

Need someone to translate into English please...:_:

The rear look merely like Hyundai Atos...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience