Help! Help! Help!!! Anyone Know How To Install Ae86 Into Ke70 Station Wagon?

BH9

Known Member
Oct 21, 2004
If want to implant AE86 eng into a KE70 station wagon but just not to sure whether will be a perfect fit because so far I am not able to get info for it.Hope anyone could share some knowledge as to help me get the pros and cons before making any decision.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
If i'm not mistaken, KE70 sedan and wagon have the same wheelbase. Only difference is leaf springs at the back. You could do a transplant like a normal KE70. Resources are available (like ages and still available) in the internet. Don't make excuse you cannot find resource for KE70 4AGE engine transplant. Don't be lazy. Below are 2 resource from local people. There are more. But i won't be the guy feeding you with silver spoon. The rest, go find it.

http://www.drift.com.my/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

http://www.my-acoustic.com/Car/car_section.htm

BH9

Known Member
Oct 21, 2004
he he he!!!!

:smile: netmatrix, tqs bro i don't seem to get the source as so far I only found conversion done on sedan body. some of my sources said it can be done but they don't provide they technical side of story.

Anyway I appreciate your input and maybe will help what I am looking for. :cheers:

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
1st of all, pls check whether do you have a complete stuff in order to install 4AGE 16V (from 86) to that car.

Necessary parts:

1. 4AGE 16V engine
2. T50 gearbox
3. AE86 complete crossmember
4. 4AGE 16V engine wiring
5. 4AGE 16V ECU
6. AE86 longshaft
7. AE86 axle (can use back ur stock axle also but you have to custome ur original KE70 axle to fit in)

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Converting AE86 engine into KE70 wagon is as the same as KE70 sedan,just follow what the KE70 sedan ppl are doing,except for the rear axle.For KE70,it is almost a direct swap from AE86 halfcut.Do not get head ache ya

BH9

Known Member
Oct 21, 2004
EG9 & cuscostrurbrace tqs bro!

I am still reading & learning from the site & link given. So many technical abreviations & bombastic words used that I don't understand,I had to re read and had to do it again plus need to look for my missing dictionary now. Is time to go to school, I thought I will never read so much since I left the school ages ago @ stoneage time. I think my brain is so thick that even harder than mother earth...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what to do need to be done or else I will not get what I wanted to know,right!

magua

500 RPM
Jul 8, 2004
thru my experience put it 2T Carina engine in my ke70 station wagon, the only major issue is.... the crossmember. 4K and 2T crossmember is not same in size. the length and the screw hole......resulting have to custom the 2T crossmember

and the T50 gearbox will hit the firewall around starter area.have to knock the firewall abit.

also custom the longshaft, becoz....u can't put in 4AGE's rear axle into your wagon.have to use your stock 4K coz the come with leaf spring. so far i found none expert can modify leaf to coil spring modification.

even though 2T and 4AGE are different,but the basic thing that u need to know is....

1. can the 4AGE crossmember fit your wagon without any problem? or have to modify it?

2. does the T50 gearbox hit the firewall?

3. does the 4AGE longshaft is kind of plug and play to my 4K rear axle?

if u need the 4K wagon's crossmember for your comparison, call me. i can lend u mine, but please return back la.....

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
BH9, if the cars is not your daily driver, you could plan out what to do for it. More time and money involved! Good to see another potential 4AGE wagon around.

Magua, 2T series engines seem to be higher than 4AGE. Explains a lot why the T50 knocks. Also if you want to mod the leaf springs to coil, means you gotta cut the rear and transplant from a donor car. Presumely an 86 rear. I think even harder to find! And RWD cars require the rear section to be stiff to handle torque. I wouldn't imagine if either the right or left suspension gives way! I remember TE27Levin has done that. I think his works out well because he uses it for drag races!

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
before u venture any further... do some research on the cost involve. My
advice is to do it only when u are well off with loads of money & time.
For a start.. 10k is the minimum.. & it is a whole lot better if you were
to buy a completely built up car rather than building it from scratch..
well if you have the time, money, interest & resources, go ahead

BH9

Known Member
Oct 21, 2004
i don't mind spending time on the cars and of course $$ will be an issue sometimes but , the resources is very important to start a perfect and balance car. Not to put away the streght of the body to hold the engine and performance later on.

hey guys, i really appreciate the inputsed(plural+past tense,*new word just created) i might hold the project for awhile and need to do a lots suddenly,if not I cud have started and will post the progress here for all to see.

Another thing that I am still looking for KE70 wagon with two round eyes but so far none are found. Earlier my mech had 1 infornt of his shop but he sold it before I had the chance to deal....no luck yet.

BH9

Known Member
Oct 21, 2004
does anyone knows where to send the chrome parts for chroming?as I know these parts is hard to get in the market so thought this had to be done,no choice.