HELP: Getting a MR-S

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
It is better you share with us more details before landing an MR-s such as how your RX-8 was maximized including previous cars owned and finally your expectations with some indications of driving habits.

For all you know it may be an S15 - front engined rear wheel drive turbo or an Evo - front engined 4WD that you are looking for...

Jun 6, 2009
FYI...most owners who prefer not to do much with the car usually end up not keep with it. if you been addicted to midengined layout, its really hard to move into other platform, unless you are those type who are more addicted to boosts (turbo).
or just being very slow and anal about modding :biggrin:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
or just being very slow and anal about modding :biggrin:
well, you did the leap of faith & aren't concern or in the league with "what??? only a puny 140hp sports car, crazy, i want 3XXhp or godzilain HP ride!!"

:driver:

Shmues

Mar 27, 2006
It is better you share with us more details before landing an MR-s such as how your RX-8 was maximized including previous cars owned and finally your expectations with some indications of driving habits.

For all you know it may be an S15 - front engined rear wheel drive turbo or an Evo - front engined 4WD that you are looking for...
Interesting to see how much is enough..You have to know what platform you want to start with before venturing on any purchase.:slug:

rx8dorifto

Jun 24, 2009
I don't speed on street. But love track. My NA rx8 has done 2:40s in Sepang track. By looking at the data collected from each tracking experience, I think the most I can push is a further 1-2sec improvement. RX8 is too heavy. The braking and cornering is a bit tough...

So, i'm looking for a lightweight car to play now. Don't like FF car, and wanted to try MR setup. Anyone know how good is the MRS doing in Sepang? NA, 2zz, Turbo or supercharged???

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
I don't speed on street. But love track. My NA rx8 has done 2:40s in Sepang track. By looking at the data collected from each tracking experience, I think the most I can push is a further 1-2sec improvement. RX8 is too heavy. The braking and cornering is a bit tough...

So, i'm looking for a lightweight car to play now. Don't like FF car, and wanted to try MR setup. Anyone know how good is the MRS doing in Sepang? NA, 2zz, Turbo or supercharged???
2.40 impressive time.

full track i cant even hit close to that. Another track regular kaki (2zz MR-S) wont hit your figure. He can dip to 2.41+ on lotus. (OKB i know does around there) even with prepped S2k track kaki (with slick tires) constantly hover that figure. 2.30 - 2.40 are what MME drivers do averagely. Super GT drivers on a prepped S2k does low 2.30s+ averagely. turbo preps can hit 2.25+-

surfice to say I havent seen NA cars (street) hitting below 2.40.

Last edited:

soff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
That taught me never look down on RX8, didn't know it is that powerful. Could be something to consider. Is the 2.40 on auto or manual RX8? Stock or modded?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
That taught me never look down on RX8, didn't know it is that powerful. Could be something to consider. Is the 2.40 on auto or manual RX8? Stock or modded?
soff can buy RX8 already! newer car, can sit 4 people & with practice can do 2.40 at sepang
rx8dorifto can poison soff :nurse:

rx8dorifto

Jun 24, 2009
2.40 impressive time.

full track i cant even hit close to that. Another track regular kaki (2zz MR-S) wont hit your figure. He can dip to 2.41+ on lotus. (OKB i know does around there) even with prepped S2k track kaki (with slick tires) constantly hover that figure. 2.30 - 2.40 are what MME drivers do averagely. Super GT drivers on a prepped S2k does low 2.30s+ averagely. turbo preps can hit 2.25+-

surfice to say I havent seen NA cars (street) hitting below 2.40.
My rx8 is NA modded. With street tire, i clocked only 2:44s. With semi slick (street alignment though) then clocked 2:40s. If track setup then maybe 2:38s.

I've seen FD2R street setup with semi slick get 2:36s. S2000 semi slick clocked 2:34s.

By comparing the Power-to-weight ratio of MODDED 2zz MR-S to my current RX8, I'm expecting below 2:35s. Of even below 2:30s if the chassis is rigid enough. Not sure if this a dream??? Anyway, I'm still selling my RX8, if can sell at good price then I'll go for 2zz MR-S project :)

Thanks for all your replies :) cheers :itsme:

jsboy

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
selangor
My rx8 is NA modded. With street tire, i clocked only 2:44s. With semi slick (street alignment though) then clocked 2:40s. If track setup then maybe 2:38s.

I've seen FD2R street setup with semi slick get 2:36s. S2000 semi slick clocked 2:34s.

By comparing the Power-to-weight ratio of MODDED 2zz MR-S to my current RX8, I'm expecting below 2:35s. Of even below 2:30s if the chassis is rigid enough. Not sure if this a dream??? Anyway, I'm still selling my RX8, if can sell at good price then I'll go for 2zz MR-S project :)

WOW!that will be full track set-up 2zz-ge mr-s to get that range:driver:, can't wait n see

alan23

Jul 19, 2009

Woah bro, you also selling liao...........all the best in getting your MR-S man.......
MR-S will be a interesting car to track I think....

alan23

Jul 19, 2009
Can you clarify further cause MR-S is one of my consideration for my next car too? :)

rx8dorifto

Jun 24, 2009
Woah bro, you also selling liao...........all the best in getting your MR-S man.......
MR-S will be a interesting car to track I think....
sigh...can't get any good offer for my rx8 leh...think my project MR-S fail liao...
was thinking spot weld the mr-s, 2zz swap, stroke-up, port n polish etc...seen ppl achieve 220-230WHP. Which is plenty for a below 1 ton machine...

or u buy my car la???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We traveled our way to Penang Island for this sweet sweet ride. We were briefed by the owner that it was a brand new ride, with barely 500KM on the ODO.

Upon arrival, we did our usual walk around the car.

We spotted...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience